My ideas for the casting of the HHG film

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy My ideas for the casting of the HHG film

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

See what you think:

ARTHUR DENT – Hugh Laurie
    FORD PREFECT – Jason Lee
    ZAPHOD BEEBLEBROX – Mark Wing Davey
    TRILLIAN – Drew Barrymore
    EDDIE (VOICE) – Bill Murray
    MARVIN (VOICE) – Stephen Moore

I’m always interested to hear your thoughts and castings for the other novels in the series.

Also: which is a better idea?

Movie series adapted from the novels or movie series adapted from the radio series?

Anonymous

Arthur Dent = Hugh Laurie (it has to be, DNA said so , and Hugh’s perfect anyhow)

Ford Prefect = Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek) don’t laugh, he’s a perfect stage actor ,and is excellent at being odd . I’ve seen his other work ,and he’d honestly kick ass.Also ,he does a good brittish accent.Rowan Atkinson would also be good in the role, anyone seen him as the Doctor?

Trillian = (tricky one) I’d say maybe Minnie Driver because Trillian is supposed to have dark hair, a knobby nose, and look vaguely Arabic.Drew doesn’t seem to fit this catagory, but she does have the acting ability.

Zaphod = Kurt Russel I always think of him when I read abot Zaphod, lol, maybe I’m odd. Chris Barrie would also be good for the role(imagine Ace Rimmer with 2 heads and not as brave as he really lets on).

As for Marvin…it HAS to be Stephen Moore, he’s always done it, and is perfect!

Eddie, is difficult. I once though Stephen Fry, just so he and Arthur=Hugh could play off each other. But Tony Slattery seems a better choice now, he can sound more prozac -happy (maybe cause he’s actually ON prozac lol).

And Slartibartfast would have to be John Cleese, ’nuff said on that.

And maybe Winona Ryder as Random, since Random stole Arthurs watch and Ford’s mail and his spaceship.

Anonymous

quote:

ARTHUR DENT – Hugh Laurie
    FORD PREFECT – Jason Lee
    ZAPHOD BEEBLEBROX – Mark Wing Davey
    TRILLIAN – Drew Barrymore
    EDDIE (VOICE) – Bill Murray
    MARVIN (VOICE) – Stephen Moore

Mark Wing Davey was good, but he just cant pull off Zaphod anymore. Will all seriousness, Mike Meyers would be PERFECT for the roll of Zaphod.

Drew Barrymore? Pass. Id rather see Reese Witherspoon or Alyson Hannigan play that role.

Your on target with Jason Lee, Stephen Moore, Hugh Laurie and Bill Murray.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.