My Keyeo/Prince costume for Dragon*Con

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions My Keyeo/Prince costume for Dragon*Con

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’m currently finishing up my Keyeo/Prince costumes to wear at this yr’s Dragon*Con; I’ve made 1 to wearing during the day & the other 1 at night.
    The 1 that I’ll be wearing at nighttime, is almost finished & consists of a lt blue bikini top & a bluish-green skirt; all I have to do is add some jewels to the top & pom poms on the skirt & I’ll be finished with it. As soon as I’m finished, I’ll be taking a picture of it, adding it to my Myspace & showing it to you; this afternoon, I’ll be adding the finishing touches to the outfit.
    The other 1 that I’ll be wearing during the day, is finished, but needs some fixing up; this outfit consists of a lt blue halter top & lt blue mini skirt. I’ve already taken some pics of it & will add it to my Myspace & show it to you as soon as I can; guys, get ready to start drooling.
    I’ve also started making a bow & some arrows, using a wire hanger, plastic lacing, polymer clay, seed beads, foam board & stems; I’m also making a bluish belt to go with my daytime Keyeo/Prince costume. I’ll keep you informed about how this is going & how to make a bow & some arrows for a similiar costume.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

Good luck with your costumes and have fun at the convention!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Good for you!
    I haven’t even begun to think about what I’m wearing for a costume this year…nothing entirely character specific I don’t think, unless I get super motivated as the dates draw closer.

And I’ll definately pray for you father. Are you ok?

Jhevz
    Participant
    Sidhecafe wrote:

Good for you!
    I haven’t even begun to think about what I’m wearing for a costume this year…nothing entirely character specific I don’t think, unless I get super motivated as the dates draw closer.

And I’ll definately pray for you father. Are you ok?

Thanks you, Sidhecafe,
    I’m ok & my dad’s doing real good; & he doesn’t like sitting my than half an hr. I told him that all he has to do right now, is just sit there & heal.

Happy June,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’m finished making my 2 Keyeo/Prince costumes & am currently working on the bow & arrows.
    After lunch, today, I’ll be taking a picture of the Nighttime costume & as soon as I can, I’ll add it to Myspace & share it with you; I’ll also share the daytime Keyeo/Prince outfit along with it.
    I’m covering the wire hanger, using orange foam board & will add somemore this after noon; I’ve already twisted the stems together & will add the tips, using polymer clay canes, sometime this month. I’ve also made holders for my arrows, using toilet paper rolls & blue foam board; I’ll keep you informed on how this project’s going & how to make the tips, using polymer clay canes.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

I hope that you are making progress on it! ๐Ÿ™‚

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

I hope that you are making progress on it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jhevz
    Participant
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’m finished with the holders & am almost finished making the bow, for the outfit; after I finish with the bow, I’ll start making some polymer clay canes, for the tips I’ll be making for the arrows. I’ll keep you informed on how the project’s going & how to make similiar tips out of polymer clay canes.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’ve just started making canes out of polymer clay; they’re both familiar canes & canes of my own creation. Later on today, I’ll be making more polymer clay canes, then either Sunday or Monday, I’ll start making the tips, using the canes that I’ve made with the clay; I’ll keep you all informed on how this project’s going & how to make tips, using polymer clay canes.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’m finished in making some polymer clay canes, 2 of them my own creations, & made a couple molds for the tips of my arrows; this afternoon, after lunch, I’ll start making the tips, using the canes. I’m not going to bake them, until I make as many tips as I do stems; them I’ll add them to the stems, then add some feathers, to make them, more arrow-like.
    I’ll keep you informed on how this project’s goin & how to make similiar tips for you arrows.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    After making both the canes & the molds, I gently put the canes into the mold (using baby power), adding more cnaes, then smoothing them out; I then gently removed the, newly formed tips from the mold & continued to smooth the canes together; I then baked them & allowed them to cool; using a sander & a bowl of water, I gently sanded the pieces, being careful not to break them, then dipped them in water; some of them broke during this process; then I set them aside to dry, then poilished them, making sure not to break them; some of them also broke during this process; I then had to make somemore tips for my arrows; I carefully strung the stem through the hole & twisted it; then I added some crafting wire, strung it through the hole & twisted it around the stem; I then folded the stem in half & twisted the bottom, then carefully strung the remaining stem through itself & twisted it. I’ve just started adding some feathers, for a finishing touch.
    I’ll keep you informed on how this project’s going, how to add some feathers into your stem & when I’ll be adding them to a board.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’ve added some costume pics to both my Sci-Fi Fans board on my 1st Myspace & my Crafting board on MSN; since others have been having problems getting to my pics on my Crafting board, I’ve added them to my Sci-Fi Fans board on Myspace & another site (Snapfish). I’ll be adding some more on both sites &, if I get time, I’ll try to show them to you before heading to Atlanta, GA.
    Here’s the link to my Sci-Fi Fans board on Myspace:
    http://groups.myspace.com/SciFiFans, then scroll down to see the 1st 4 pics, then click on View More Pictures & scroll down to the bottom to see the rest; I also added some on my 1st Profile & here’s the link:
    http://www.myspace.com/KarenLV.
    I do hope you like them & please let me know what you think; I’ll do my best to show you the arrow tips, beofre heading to the convention.

Sci Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.