My PMcG/Prisoner site officially open!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series The Prisoner My PMcG/Prisoner site officially open!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    pet
    Participant

Not so much Prisoner as a career site, but I have completely deconstructed the first 3 eps for my own amusement, and reviewed some of the books and such so far.

On the other hand, there are plenty of McGoohan clips, about 25 and spanning 5 decades, so if you want to see him seducing a 17-year-old ๐Ÿ˜ฏ or smoking weed ๐Ÿ˜ฎ or strangling Number 48 ๐Ÿ˜• or listening to the Devil while dying in the mountains ๐Ÿ˜ˆ , I’ve got it! There’s also a music video from All Night Long (Jazz version of Othello) in which he plays the drums, a Prisoner-style trailer for the Danger Man episode Colony Three, and two decidedly Village-like clips from Hysteria which may be of interest.

Or if you just want to see him on the Simpsons as Number 6, it’s linked to from the front page. ๐Ÿ˜€

Pet’s Patrick McGoohan Playground

Let me know what you think. All the clips are in Windows Media Player format. It’s all I have room for. ๐Ÿ™ All the pics aren’t up yet, mainly because it’s so tedious changing color values, resampling and making file names and I haven’t really had the time. I’ll get to it eventually.

(Please point out any glaring typos as well if you think of it. I’ve been writing the html long-hand a piece at a time on my Ipaq with graffiti and a fold-out keyboard since November, so there are bound to be many I missed….)

Edit: Looks like the 17-year-old kissing scene is the clip of the day. There’s a line about” trying to use the salt water on me” which is similar to Checkmate’s “I’m waterproof… a slight drizzle won’t wash away my doubts.” There! Prisoner related!

83;D

P.S. It looks alright with the Village Font installed. How does it look without it?

Fatguy
    Participant

Great news Pet – will check it out when I get the chance (have to check in at work even though I got the week off ๐Ÿ˜ก ).

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

So glad it’s officially open! ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s brilliant! Really, it’s a remarkable achievement… intelligent, entertaining, informative…

Love the way you’ve done the reviews, the way you’ve cross-referenced related material; all the related information. The multimedia is amazing, I still say that the Colony Three trailer is one of the best made trailers I’ve ever seen — and I’m a fan of the art of trailers. The Simpsons is hysterical! So many amazing clips, the strangling Alexis Kanner one’s very good, Hysteria…

Love your Danger Man section! As well as the section on McGoohan’s movies and television, plus The Prisoner section of course. ๐Ÿ˜€ BTW, have you considered a McGoohan biography or something that could include his non-TV/movies work (plays etc.)? But there’s so much to explore at the site, I don’t know what surprises I’ll find — so very much to savour! ๐Ÿ˜€

Also, thanks for the sadgeezer links, this site and this forum is very priviliged to have someone of your calibre around!

Your site is unique, I haven’t seen another site quite like it anywhere. Truly marvelous; it honestly is my favourite Prisoner site around, and my favourite Danger Man site, and my… It’s my favourite Patrick McGoohan site. Rich in media, and rich in overall content; amazing work, 83! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant

pet,
    I just took a quick glance at it & it looks great; I’ll check more of it out when I can. It really looks good on the start page of the site, but I’ll take a look at the rest of it as soon as I can.

Prisoner Fan to Prisoner Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

pet
    Participant

Thanks, guys, you should probably only go if you have time to surf or have something in mind to look at…. it will take time to wade through with the clips and all. Wish I had had more time to do the Prisoner Deconstruction before opening, but I made promises and it was not to be.

Fatguy wrote:

(have to check in at work even though I got the week off :x)

That’s funny, I have to work in my Village even when I have the day off (“voluntary” days….)

Logan wrote:

So glad it’s officially open! ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s brilliant! Really, it’s a remarkable achievement… intelligent, entertaining, informative…

Love the way you’ve done the reviews, the way you’ve cross-referenced related material; all the related information. The multimedia is amazing, I still say that the Colony Three trailer is one of the best made trailers I’ve ever seen — and I’m a fan of the art of trailers. The Simpsons is hysterical! So many amazing clips, the strangling Alexis Kanner one’s very good, Hysteria…

Love your Danger Man section! As well as the section on McGoohan’s movies and television, plus The Prisoner section of course. ๐Ÿ˜€ BTW, have you considered a McGoohan biography or something that could include his non-TV/movies work (plays etc.)? But there’s so much to explore at the site, I don’t know what surprises I’ll find — so very much to savour! ๐Ÿ˜€

Also, thanks for the sadgeezer links, this site and this forum is very priviliged to have someone of your calibre around!

Your site is unique, I haven’t seen another site quite like it anywhere. Truly marvelous; it honestly is my favourite Prisoner site around, and my favourite Danger Man site, and my… It’s my favourite Patrick McGoohan site. Rich in media, and rich in overall content; amazing work, 83! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

You are too kind. Can I hire you to do my promos? ๐Ÿ˜€

Isn’t that strangling scene brilliant?!! So intense!

I haven’t seen another like it either. He really needed something more comprehensive. It’s hard to find anything but passing mentions about his movies, but then, they are up against the Prisoner, and by default Danger Man. You would not believe how many things between the movies, Danger Man and the Prisoner I haven’t cross-referenced yet. I have a drawer full of notes on mismatched paper, paper napkins and some rubber gloves I wear in my Village.

Things I have considered once the reviews are done, tell me if y’all would like to see any:

1. Bio (but there are a lot of them on the net already…. may just link.)

2. Quotes from critics about the older films.

3. Clip of the Month (In near-DVD quality for downloading and keeping?)

4. Is John Drake Number 6? article with quotes from books.

5. Guide to morse code, invisible ink, microdots and other silly spy tricks used in Danger Man and the Prisoner.

6. Nowhere Man Guide

7. Other Villages: a page comparing clips from movies and TV with Prisoner clips, like the unsatisfied maids from Arrival vs the Invisible Man episode, or the “Unauthorised thought process” scene from Fortress vs. A, B and C.

8. A theoretical academic study which explains to a new Number 2 how applying Maslow’s hierarchy to Number 6’s profile would result in a more effective approach when combined with the first nine levels of Psychological warfare as long as the “Hand of God” barrier between types 3 and 4 was taken into consideration.

9. A password-protected Fall-Out Spoiler area. There are parallels with other performances of his which should be addressed, but I don’t want to do them within the reviews for fear of giving something away.

Mr. Pet suggested (by his Village behavior more than by actual suggestion):
    10. The New Number 2: How to manage your Manager using techniques from the Prisoner.
    11. Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Number 6.

Oh, and maybe a flash game that takes place on Your Village Map. So many ideas, so little time….

Be Seeing You….
    83;D

P.S. Prisoner Paintball/Tag is in the final stages of play-testing, so that page should be up soon!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is an intense strangling scene, P McG has a real depth and intensity. When it came to Ice Station Zebra, for instance, several influential reviewers felt that the best part about the film was him — I enjoyed it all around, but agreed that he stole the show; and I like Borgnine (one needs depth in a submarine flick ;)). But I won’t go into depth about his film appearances here…

I would like a PMcG bio, needn’t be long, and even though many other sites have done that already, I don’t think it would diminish the overall originality of your site.

Your site is already a font of information and entertainment and will be a continued source of enjoyment, but of course the best sites are in a continuous state of development. I’m amazed that you had the patience to do so much great stuff before officially unveiling it — it’s far more than adequate as a finished “piece”. Impatient me would’ve officially opened it as soon as I had the site’s title worked out. ๐Ÿ˜€

On to your list of possible additions: All are great ideas, but 5, 10 and 11 particularly struck my immediate fancy as being a lot of fun. But 8 and 9 sound very cerebrally engaging.

It’s a very well-balanced site; cerebral, informative, and fun. My beef with many sites is that they’re either: altogether dryly academic; altogether silly (silly is my particular forte); overly enthusiastic without any apparent critical powers (the “fan site” where people are “blinded” by the light of their favourite “star” or show); or the most boring, those with nothing but endless “laundry lists” of appearances and whatnot. ๐Ÿ™„

Really, I’m sorry if I come across as effusive to the Number Nth Degree Absolute, but I’m staggered by the amount of work, commitment, and thought you put into it. If it was me, for instance, trying to do it, well “Less work, more play!” springs to mind — a personal tendency. Ah, but then if some of it were to be written at work, then it could be both work and play! ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S. Village font is nice.

Fatguy
    Participant

Wowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Good God Pet…..what a massive project! ๐Ÿ˜€ I can only assume that a very intense infatuation of Patrick Magoon is at work here – but the plus side is a fabulous website for The Prisoner fans. This obviously must have taken a lot of time on your part (as a side note: how has Mr. Pet taken this…..I remember him posting something about it in an earlier thread….. 8) ).

I am jealous – not of the site (which is nevertheless fantastic) – but of the appeal of Patrick Magoon (misspelling intentional)…..

Maurice

pet
    Participant
    ”3.1415….” wrote:

(as a side note: how has Mr. Pet taken this…..I remember him posting something about it in an earlier thread….. 8) ).

Hmmm… must have been when he found the jacket or the No 2 chair? Number 6’s techniques have been added to his bag of work tricks along with those of Kaiser Soze and Tyler Durden.

That reminds me! I never finished my review of the chair! D’oh!

”Number wrote:

I’m amazed that you had the patience to do so much great stuff before officially unveiling it — it’s far more than adequate as a finished “piece”. Impatient me would’ve officially opened it as soon as I had the site’s title worked out. ๐Ÿ˜€

I didn’t keep it completely secret…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It’s a very well-balanced site; cerebral, informative, and fun. My beef with many sites is that they’re either: altogether dryly academic; altogether silly (silly is my particular forte); overly enthusiastic without any apparent critical powers (the “fan site” where people are “blinded” by the light of their favourite “star” or show); or the most boring, those with nothing but endless “laundry lists” of appearances and whatnot. ๐Ÿ™„

So I don’t sound like I’m gushing? Please point it out if I do! I’m trying very hard to be balanced. I’ve found some bad movies of his, but I haven’t found any bad performances. I think Tim Roth and Gary Oldman are the same way. (Even in his first movie role he seems to have taken a stand in not calling the dog by name, which is the only reason I’m glad I have the uncensored one, or I never would have known.)

If it was me, for instance, trying to do it, well “Less work, more play!” springs to mind — a personal tendency. Ah, but then if some of it were to be written at work, then it could be both work and play! ๐Ÿ˜€

I could not possibly do less work, though I would like more play. Last night I was at work 12 hours. I did 4 calibrations at less than 45 seconds apiece, and I wrote 5 reviews and a shopping list in my head and started toying with “Everything I need to know…” . Something did finally break down while I was at lunch, but someone else fixed it before I got back. ๐Ÿ™ I didn’t even get to touch a screwdriver.

Someone found a mouse pointer which looked like a running horse and installed it on one of the computers, but it was discovered and changed back within a few hours, so we lost our only entertainment….

Oops! But thanks to Instant Social Conversion it was all just a dream and I can now get back to work at the Fun Palace! :D:D:D Thank you, ISC!

Why is is the more tired I am, the longer these get?

83;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, you don’t sound like you’re gushing. If you didn’t admire the guy’s body of work, well you wouldn’t have made the site. It is a sort of a tribute site, and very fitting. I also admire his body, erm, body of work (well mostly I admire his body :lol:).

I don’t think you should go out of your way to criticise him… that can sound forced IMO (some of the people who try to be fair by balancing out every good point with a bad point just come across as unfair, unreasonable, and anal in the end).

Anyway, lack of sleep is causing me to wordily gush (contains myself), I was referring to the sort of “tribute site” (quite a few on geocities) where the author writes something like: “gawwwd i love [i]so and so[/i]… [he/she] is teh moist gorjius moist purrfict moist bootyfull creetore inn the plannit!!!!! 1 dayyy i gonna mary [him/her] annnnd….. [he/she] iss the besssst yayyy!!!!!!!!!… my freinds thinnk i amm CRAZZZZZZY ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ !!!!!! butt i no that 1 day [he/she] will be mine all mineeeeee!!! and ohhh, i jusst goo al warm and gewy thunking aboot [him/her]…. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ :D” …You know, the sort of stuff you’ll find in The New Yorker. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also can’t fault his performances; even though not all of the movies he’s been in have been top-notch (Braveheart I would argue).

Anonymous

WOW, Pet. It looks like a lot of fun. I’ll have to check it out when I feel like playing again. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

MM
    (mourning momcat)

Anonymous
    Inactive

MM, am sorry to hear about your cat. ๐Ÿ™ I’ve lost a few feline family members, and it’s absolutely heartbreaking.

pet
    Participant

Whoo-hoo! Stopped by to say I got listed in the IMDB!
    Internet Movie Database

”Micromary” wrote:

WOW, Pet. It looks like a lot of fun. I’ll have to check it out when I feel like playing again. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

MM
    (mourning momcat)

Oh, no! ๐Ÿ™ I had not seen that news! I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I know there’s nothing anyone could say that would make me feel better. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ My heart is with you….

Fatguy
    Participant

The loss of a pet is – in some ways – like the loss of a family member. Funny how these things can move us. A pet is just an animal that can not carry on a conversation with us or do many of the things human friends can do. However, they give us love and are always there to be hugged and cuddled.

I have been telling people around this site my feelings of emotional emoting – if you like….. Animals are very emotional (especially dogs when it comes to expressing emotions); a dog – for example – will get angry, whimper, yearn, etc.. understandable emotions to us humans. So our pets grow on us as we live with them. But most pets have shorter lifespans than we humans; so a regular moment of heartbreak happens when we lose a cherished pet.

We each must deal with grief in our own way; but I know from personal experience, that if you reach out – there will always be friends to help

Maurice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Micro, I hope you’re doing alright; it is hard.

Pet, congratulations on getting listed on IMDB. What’s the process for getting listed there?

pet
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Micro, I hope you’re doing alright; it is hard.

Pet, congratulations on getting listed on IMDB. What’s the process for getting listed there?

If you have a site of limited scope (i.e.devoted to one person or one movie or show, for instance) that’s informative and isn’t doing anything illegal or annoying, you apply under the “miscellaneous” category, and in 7 days to a month someone visits and approves or disapproves. I’ve heard people have been rejected for falsely claiming things as public domain, pop-ups, offensive fan fiction and being too wide in scope.

I thought mine was relatively normal, and the site that used to be there went under, so I gave it a shot.

83;D

sgtdraino
    Participant

Gonna check your site out in about 2 minutes, but had to mention this before I forgot.

I for one love character guides to shows, and The Prisoner is my favorite show.

Also, with the thought in mind of making some sort of game, a while back I did video captures of EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in The Prisoner, including EVERY villager whose number I could read. If you want any of those images, lmk and you can have them.

If you want, I’d also be willing to help out with righting the character bios.

Going to go look at your site now…

pet
    Participant
    sgtdraino wrote:

Gonna check your site out in about 2 minutes, but had to mention this before I forgot.

Also, with the thought in mind of making some sort of game, a while back I did video captures of EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in The Prisoner, including EVERY villager whose number I could read. If you want any of those images, lmk and you can have them.

Hey, thanks for dropping by! There’s not much on the Prisoner yet, it’s mostly McGoohan’s overall career. Wish I had more time. I’m trying to flesh-out the Danger Man sections right now.

Did you Know Logan is heading up the new Sad Guide for the Prisoner here? I donated a character list of all the numbers I could find on the show and in the books and unused scripts, since he hasn’t had much other help yet, he could surely use pics to match! Would you be interested in donating to the guide?

I put a limited number of pics in the downloads area, but it’s not nearly enough yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pet;D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    pet wrote:

sgtdraino wrote:

Hey, thanks for dropping by! There’s not much on the Prisoner yet, it’s mostly McGoohan’s overall career. Wish I had more time. I’m trying to flesh-out the Danger Man sections right now.

Did you Know Logan is heading up the new Sad Guide for the Prisoner here? I donated a character list of all the numbers I could find on the show and in the books and unused scripts, since he hasn’t had much other help yet, he could surely use pics to match! Would you be interested in donating to the guide?

I put a limited number of pics in the downloads area, but it’s not nearly enough yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pet;D[/quote]

Welcome to this forum’s Community SgtDraino, what’s your number BTW? Everybody has a number here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I thank Pet for mentioning the Guide, and I hope you will submit some stuff here. Any help/input would be much appreciated!

BTW 83, if you still have that character list, I’d really appreciate it if you submitted it. I have it around somewhere, but I’ve become extremely disorganised as of late — frazzled doesn’t even begin to describe it. ๐Ÿ˜€

Be seeing you,

No. 5

sgtdraino
    Participant
    pet wrote:

Pet;D

Happy to help out. Eeeh, just tell me where and how. ๐Ÿ™‚ btw, REALLY impressed with your site. Good stuff.

Logan wrote:

Welcome to this forum’s Community SgtDraino, what’s your number BTW? Everybody has a number here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I thank Pet for mentioning the Guide, and I hope you will submit some stuff here. Any help/input would be much appreciated!

Thanks! Eh, I had a Sadgeezer number a long time ago, but it looks like all the numbers are gone now that he’s redone the site. Can I be No. 241? I’d like that number. Happy to submit some stuff, don’t really know how yet. Can somebody walk me through it?

Logan wrote:

BTW 83, if you still have that character list, I’d really appreciate it if you submitted it. I have it around somewhere, but I’ve become extremely disorganised as of late — frazzled doesn’t even begin to describe it. ๐Ÿ˜€

Character list? Well, the question wasn’t addressed to me, but here’s a list of all the characters I have vid caps for:

Delegates (from Fall Out):
    Activists
    Anarchists
    Defectors
    Education
    Entertainment
    Identification
    Nationalists
    Old Folk
    Pacifists
    Reactionists
    Records
    Recreation
    Rehabilitation
    Security
    Therapy
    Unitarians
    Welfare
    Youngsters

Non-Numbers:

A (defector)
    B (femme fatale)
    C (Madame Engadine)
    Arthur Fotheringay
    Cobb
    Colonel Hawke-Englishe
    Commander, Royal Navy (Many Happy Returns)
    Group Captain, RAF (Many Happy Returns)
    Doctor Schnipps
    Doris (from the Hope & Anchor)
    Ernst (german gun runner)
    Gunther (german gun runner)
    Irish Marshal
    Scottish Marshal
    Welsh Marshal Jones
    Yorkshire Marshal
    Colonel James
    Janet Portland
    Jim (Living in Harmony)
    Jonathan Peregrine Danvers
    Katherine Johnson (Living in Harmony)
    Killer Karminski
    Man At Desk (George Markstein)
    Martha (Mrs. Butterworth’s maid)
    Mexican Sam (Living in Harmony)
    Mrs. Butterworth
    Peter Smith (perhaps?)
    Pinta Man (village agent)
    Potter (agent XP-4)
    PR-12 (british agent)
    Professor Jacob Seltzman
    Sir Charles Portland (head of intelligence)
    Sonia Schnipps
    The Butler
    The Colonel (Do Not Forsake Me)
    The Judge (Living in Harmony)
    The Kid (Living in Harmony)
    The President (Fall Out)
    The Professor (inventor of speed learn)
    The Undertaker (village agent)
    Thorpe
    Will (Living in Harmony)
    Zeke (Living in Harmony)

Numbers:

No. 1
    No. 2 (all 21 of them)
    No. 2a, b, c, d, e, h, j, k, l, and n (town council)
    No. 6 (of course)
    No. 8 (queen)
    No. 8 (nadia akovski)
    No. 8 (activities prognosis reporter)
    No. 8 (the kid)
    No. 9 (cobb’s sweety)
    No. 12 (charles curtis)
    No. 12 (sympathetic guardian)
    No. 13 (german doctor)
    No. 14 (chess champion)
    No. 14 (loyal lieutenant, A Change of Mind)
    No. 14 (thought machine specialist)
    No. 16 (taxi driver)
    No. 16 (guardian)
    No. 18 (committee chairman)
    No. 19 (store keeper)
    No. 20 (labour exchange manager)
    No. 21 (maid)
    No. 22 (observer)
    No. 22 (awards committee member)
    No. 22 (warder)
    No. 22 (katherine johnson)
    No. 23 (behavioral specialist)
    No. 24 (torture technician)
    No. 24 (alison)
    No. 25 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 28 (supervisor)
    No. 29 (speedlearner)
    No. 30 (town hall technician)
    No. 34 (ex-general)
    No. 36 (sugar addict)
    No. 38 (award winner)
    No. 39 (nurse)
    No. 40 (enthusiastic doctor)
    No. 42 (roland walter dutton)
    No. 42 (painter)
    No. 42 (is very upset)
    No. 46 (supervisor)
    No. 46 (instant social conversion subject)
    No. 47 (nurse)
    No. 48 (alexis kanner)
    No. 50 (monique, jammer)
    No. 51 (monique’s father, watchmaker)
    No. 51 (speedlearner)
    No. 53 (rook)
    No. 54 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 54 (maid)
    No. 56 (number 6 in board member disguise)
    No. 56 (supervisor)
    No. 56 (appeals subcommitte leader)
    No. 56 (speedlearner)
    No. 58 (assistant to number 6 in Free For All)
    No. 58 (aversion therapy subject)
    No. 60 (supervisor)
    No. 60 (board member)
    No. 62 (guardian)
    No. 64 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 66 (ex-admiral)
    No. 66 (maid)
    No. 66 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 73 (suicidal woman)
    No. 76 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 80 (projection technition)
    No. 82 (chess player)
    No. 86 (formerly disharmonious)
    No. 93 (disharmonious)
    No. 100 (scientist)
    No. 100 (guardian, plan division q)
    No. 106 (supervisor)
    No. 112 (store keeper, guardian)
    No. 113 (deceased old woman)
    No. 113 (reporter)
    No. 113b (photographer)
    No. 113c (clone of 113b)
    No. 116 (number 6 in scientist disguise)
    No. 118 (scientist)
    No. 123 (doctor)
    No. 123 (code breaker)
    No. 136 (nurse)
    No. 138 (committee member)
    No. 138 (eccentric resident)
    No. 195 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 210 (number 2 supporter)
    No. 215 (waitress)
    No. 232 (band leader)
    No. 235 (waitress)
    No. 235 (speedlearn host)
    No. 236 (committee member)
    No. 240 (observer)
    No. 241 (picture of residence only)
    No. 242 (social group member)
    No. 242 (lab technician)
    No. 243 (bicyclist)
    No. 243 (bomb squad technician)
    No. 245 (board member)
    No. 246 (board member)
    No. 249 (assistant supervisor)
    No. 249 (director of psychiatrics)
    No. 251 (electrician)
    No. 256 (guardian, clone of number 93)
    No. 256 (nurse)
    No. 256 (different guardian)
    No. 283 (lab technician)
    No. 283 (village soldier)
    No. 340 (labour exchange manager)
    No. 349 (doesn’t like number 6)

I also have a collection of vid caps of various locations, items, and vehicles from the series.

Another idea I had, which I have not yet tried to take any steps on, is to start a vid cap file of people from Danger Man who also appear in The Prisoner. I think it would be cool to link characters from The Prisoner to images from various episodes of Danger Man. Maybe call it, “Possible Aliases.”

Thoughts?

pet
    Participant
    ”241″ wrote:

Happy to help out. Eeeh, just tell me where and how. ๐Ÿ™‚ btw, REALLY impressed with your site. Good stuff.

Thanks, 241! I’ve just begun a section on Nowhere Man as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ Lots of Prisoner vibes in that, but not as much wit. It was intriguing that when Veil “Arrives” he leaves the restaurant to make a phone call, which won’t connect, then takes a ride in a taxi. That cracked me up!

”241″ wrote:

Happy to submit some stuff, don’t really know how yet. Can somebody walk me through it?

*83 drools at list* Much more comprehensive than mine! Well Done! Yowza! ๐Ÿ˜€

I can help you there (having had much experience in the past week).

You can just click here to go directly to the upload area. Choose “Prisoner” from the drop down list. Then name, describe and upload. You can hit the “back” button once uploads are complete so you don’t have to fill everything in again.

The longer way, where you can actually see where the pictures are going, is to click on the Sci-fi Downloads link under the Sadgeezer header, then click The Prisoner, then Submit Media.

Then in a few hours some nice moderator-type person makes them accessible. Number 5 would like them organised by category until he gets the categories put together. (I don’t think anyone expected so many pictures.)

For example, this is being used in the “Science” guide, so the media name field reads Science: Truth Test:

If you’re putting up Numbers, it would be easiest to put Numbers: title, or Non-Numbers: title.

My temp Numbers list and the way the Science guide is going are here[/url] for now. As the pieces go up here, they go down there. Feel free to take a peek, but I think your numbers list is much better. We could put it together to link to each image in the download area for the big list. (With copyright to you, of course.) That would be sweet! ๐Ÿ™‚

83 ;D

BTW: I got Googled! If you put in anything related to Patrick McGoohan and “clips”, I come out on top! At least one person a day is looking for that Simpsons clip, and a few for Danger man (probably related to the DVD release).

sgtdraino
    Participant

Been uploading image files as instructed, just ran into a problem:

“Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sadgeez/public_html/html/modules/My_eGallery/public/uploadFile.php on line 92”

Suddenly can’t upload any more files. Keep getting this message. Suggestions?

No. 241

Anonymous
    Inactive

Am looking into it… If you’re still online, try putting a pic up after i approve one of your submitted pictures. Maybe I’ll categorise the sections now. Ans logout and then try logging in again. HAve you tried getting it to work with many different image files?

sgtdraino wrote:

Been uploading image files as instructed, just ran into a problem:

“Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sadgeez/public_html/html/modules/My_eGallery/public/uploadFile.php on line 92”

Suddenly can’t upload any more files. Keep getting this message. Suggestions?

No. 241

sgtdraino
    Participant

Just tried to upload again, still failed, same message. Will now try logging out and back in again.

btw, I suddenly notice that under the “select category” option, there are now TWO choices for “The Prisoner.” I’m almost certain that wasn’t the case earlier. Could this be causing the error?

Also btw, my AIM is sgtdraino.

Now logging out and in…

sgtdraino
    Participant

Okay, gets stranger and stranger.

Logged out and back in again, went to the submit media page, and now the “Select Category” pull-down menu does not even list The Prisoner at all!

I still had the other window up where I had been uploading images earlier, which still had “The Prisoner” in the “Select Category” box. Tried uploading an image, same error message.

No. 241

Anonymous
    Inactive
    sgtdraino wrote:

Okay, gets stranger and stranger.

Logged out and back in again, went to the submit media page, and now the “Select Category” pull-down menu does not even list The Prisoner at all!

I still had the other window up where I had been uploading images earlier, which still had “The Prisoner” in the “Select Category” box. Tried uploading an image, same error message.

No. 241

YAp, I know, should’ve let you know sooner, the section is temporarily gone, I made a big mistake. Will have to reinstall from a back-up. SO in the meantime you can’t upload any more pics. Sorry.

sgtdraino
    Participant

D’ooooooh!!!

You know we do not tolerate failure here, Number Five. ๐Ÿ™‚

No. 241

pet
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜• No one informed me there was a Schizoid Downloads project going on. Where’s my memo? ๐Ÿ˜†

83 ;D

kokopelli
    Participant

This site…your site….like Ozymandias …gone..

Only lone and level sands remain of what once wass the great glory of a Prisoner Website.

I met a traveller from an antique land
    Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
    And on the pedestal these words appear —
    “My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.’

pet
    Participant

Not gone, just moved. Though I don’t have time to go there anymore. Other people are running it.

(And it’s a Patrick McGoohan site with some Prisoner stuff on it, not a Prisoner site by any stretch of the imagination. There is much more about his theatre and movie career.)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.