my thoughts on scorpius

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Farscape my thoughts on scorpius

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

i must admit i’m a little confused. he starts of as this sinister, brewing pot of evil. then we see some of his past, and this is virtually all blown out of the water. i find myself developing a great deal of sympathy for the character, even though perhaps i shouldn’t. i can’t go “boo, hiss” every time he’s on the screen any more. and i would never believe he was dead, unless i saw him physically torn apart (even then, i wouldn’t be suprised if he’d cloned himself!). plus- he would never give up on any project- whether or not it’s revenge- until he has seen it through to the bitter end. someone who has been that driven, that focused for so long, just does not walk away. i look foward to plenty more bust-ups with him!!

Anonymous

I agree, but Chrichton probably pulled one double cross too many and gave Scorpy a death wish (or maybe he has escaped and wants to stick chrichton in the aurora chair until his brain melts!)

Headgehog
    Participant

Spoilers

No just melting Chrichton’s brain isn’t his style. Scorpius is genocidal and wholey. I do belive that he really would mount a 120 cycle (round trip) mission to earth just to destroy us. His philosophy is, “if one of ’em screwed me over, then they all screw me over. So I’ll have them all destroyed!” After Crichton sees Earth turned into a charred rock, then Scorpius will use the aroura chair on him, or worse.

Anonymous

i just can’t see scorpy giving up on anything, including life. i don’t blame him for being a bit twisted- after all, life dealt him a pretty poor set of cards early on. i do think crichton made a serious mistake, however. i’m certain that all scorpy would do with wormhole tech is use it as a stick to beat the skarrans with. with that gone though, his anger will just be re-directed, and that may well mean doing whatever will hurt crichton the most. and that doesn’t necessarily mean just sticking him back in the aurora chair

Headgehog
    Participant

I agree, we haven’t heard that alst of Scorpy. But Harvey’s still there so we’ll still get to see Wayne Pygram a lot. But I think the new baddy fro next season is that Commondant Cleavage lady.

I also agree that Scorpius would only use wormhole tech against the Scarrans. But the PK’s are evil and will use it against everyone and anyone they encounter for any reason. That’s why I think Crichton didn’t give him the technology, not because of Scorpius but rather the peace keepers.

Anonymous

i thought about this myself today, and maybe you’re right there. but what do we really know about the PK? there’s an idea for the new season..
    as far as scorpy is concerned, what would he do now? he has already effectively failed twice. would the PK let him start again, and if not and they prove to be unforgiving, what exactly could he do about it? could he possibly strike out by himself? furlo did…
    what about them joining forces? i think if he had any opportunity to realise the dream of creating wormhole tech, he’d take it. and that could be one way of getting back at crichton- succeeding with the tech, despite his best efforts. after all, he must realise by now that crichton doesn’t want him to have it- what better way to pee someone like him off than by creating wormholes, and then somehow use them as a means to stop him getting home?

Anonymous

Didn’t Scorpy get killed when his Command Carrier imploded? How could he possibly have survived?

Anonymous

that’s part of the point. all we saw was scorpy walking off as the command carrier was falling apart around him. for want of a better way of putting it, we didn’t see body parts flying through the air. and it wouldn’t be the first time that our friend has either feigned death, or cheated it out of it’s prize. i simply am not convinced he’s dead. remember the song -“only the good die young, only evil seems to live forever…”

Anonymous

I don’t think Scorpius would have survived. I mean come on, he walked into the fire! The heat delirium would have prolonged the living death. I think you people are in denial. Scorpius is dead, live with it.

[ 10-03-2002: Message edited by: Larraq ]

Anonymous

quote:

I don’t think Scorpius would have survived. I mean come on, he walked into the fire! The heat delirium would have prolonged the living death. I think you people are in denial. Scorpius is dead, live with it.

i disagree. Scorpy is also 1/2 Scaran (sp?) so the heat would not bother him as much as it would bother a PK.

Anonymous

ok then- show me the crispy bits, and i’ll believe he’s dead!!
    and if you think about it, look at what he’s had to put up with all his life. being treated as a lab rat, for a start. he’s come through it, all the mental and physical torture. he’s more bullet-proof than Captain Scarlet!

Anonymous

In the words of the Scorpy in Chrichtons head

“I wouldn’t put anything past Scorpius”

We saw his planet (or building anyway) destroyed by Talyn, whats to say that he doesn’t fake his death to plan how he is going to REALLY frell Chrichton over!

Anonymous

…and seeing how Scorpy seems to love messing with people’s heads, wouldn’t it be just like him to keep faking his own death, and then re-appear- just to completely frell Crichton’s mind? he’s really going to have it in for our hero now….

Anonymous

quote:

i disagree. Scorpy is also 1/2 Scaran (sp?) so the heat would not bother him as much as it would bother a PK.

Scorpy’s weakness is that he both crave’s heat and cannot tolerate it. How could he survive? I don’t think he’d make it to an escape pod in time. A command carrier is huge. The carrier would blow up before he even got there!
    Braca is also dead.

Anonymous

i’m trying to remember the scene exactly, but in the 3rd part of ‘Look at the Princess’, didn’t Crichton have an opportunity to kill Scorpius in the foundry whilst he was ‘weakened’ by the heat- but didn’t, only for Scorpy to get up and walk away once crichton had gone as if the heat actually hadn’t bothered him at all (it was a test, to make sure that the chip stopped crichton from killing him?)

Anonymous

From a story point of view, I can’t believe that Scorpy is dead because his character is too rich!

Some people might consider that Farscape without Scorpy would be lame!

Anonymous

Well, maybe he is dead, maybe the heat got him but he still gets off on it. I think that there is someone to replace him if he does die.

Commandent Grazer (or commandent cleavage as Chrichton calls her) after all, she seems to be a Scorpy like charector that can not apear only once. Besides, I think that Crais dying is worse as I was just starting to like him. and blowing up a PK carrier is pretty cool!

Anonymous

Am I might be wrong. But I distinctly remeber seeing a shot of Scorpius in SCIFI channel’s season finale advertising.

Anonymous

The cameo of Scorpius could just be Harvey in Crighton’s head, though I tend to agree we haven’t heard the last of Scorpius.

I agree with Snookiepie. What I like about Scorpius is that there is a reason why he does these terrible things. He’s more of a tragic hero than a real evil SOB. He does things for revenge against the Skarrans but I think he does care for the Sebaceans at least a little bit. For the most part he is using them but he doesn’t want to see then annihilated. That last scene with him and John was very cool. The two seem to have a respect for one another and I think part of John wanted to help Scorpius stop the Skarrans but Scorpius shouldn’t have messed with Earth which p!$$ed John off. In the end John tried to help Scorpius to an escaped shuttle but Scorpius choose to go down with the ship. All this time they’ve hated each other so much but finally they understand one another. John’s probably thinking if things could have been different he and Scorpy could have been friends.

———————————————

“I will make your neck a chalice and drink deep.” -Spike (James Marsters)

“We are the Powerful.” -Lestat

“I will suck every drop of your juice.” –Vlad

Anonymous

Personally I think they tricked us with Scorpius. He’s exactly who he is. No real demon or devil inside of him, he’s just another guy with ambition and a terrible past.

I thought the ending scene with him and Crighton was the best scene Farscape has ever had. Enough of those freaking muppets and their jokes, this was true drama. Scorpius was truly beaten, so much so that killing Crighton or destroying Earth would be no comfort over the true loss of destroying his real enemies.

Much like the Bene Tlielax in Dune, Scorpi acts vicious and hateful because it’s what brings out the reaction and fear he needs in Humans. If he had to be nice he would. He’s very intelligent in that manner. He can be just as suave as vile.

My newbish prediction would be that Scorpi will return to get his vengence against the Skaron/Scarons and it will most likely involve crossing paths once again with Crighton.

What I am personally starting to like is the conflict with the Sabations? Sabatiums? Dunno either way I love the fact they are human, and a direction of humanity most of us would like to avoid. That Heinlein’esk facist Nazi like future of some of his books.

My personal direction would be to turn Crighton into a saviour or prophet character that phases out as the main character and becomes like a legend. They really could too the way they had him tatooing himself and trancing. Have him be someone that slowly teaches the Peacekeepers that humanity can be caring and have personalities.

They are smart tho getting rid of many chars, you can only keep up the old “Escape Prisoners Trek” for so long.

Of course they dont pay me to write Sci-Fi either for good reason ;p

Anonymous

I just had a thought, Scorpy needed the Auroura chair to extract wormhole data but he could not unlock it. Chrichten has done just that so Scorpy can pop him back in and extract anything

Doubt Scorpys evil?
    he made Grunchlik eat his own finger, that evil enough???

Anonymous

To quote David Kemper:

“But I’ll just say that on FARSCAPE, unless someone is really, really dead, they could come back. “

Cinescape article (almost spoiler inside)

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: stormsweeper ]

Anonymous

Crais and Talyn-does that count as really really dead?

besides, Moya is gone, Aeryn is gone, D’argo is gone and chrichton has only a limited supply of air on his little pod. I think he is a gonner (being driven mad by harvey)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.