Names for the new Lexx

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Names for the new Lexx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

What should the Lexx’s offspring and Stan’s new ship be called? I have some Ideas of my own:

-Corona (original name for the series Lexx, according to Lex Gigeroff. Corona is Latin for “crown,” and has a number of meanings, including the part of a star that dissipates radiant energy and a town near the site of an alleged flying saucer crash)

-Nymph (what you call the young form of an insect that resembles a smaller version of the adult)

-Logos (the Greek equivalent of the Latin “lex”)

-Lexxide (son of the Lexx)

Anyone else have an opinion?

The only name used onscreen for the flying angler-cicada-pollywog is “little Lexx” (the old Lexx was 10 kilometers long, whereas I’ve determined the new Lexx to be between 120 meters and 3.3 kilometers, small by comparison).

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    What should the Lexx’s offspring and Stan’s new ship be called? I have some Ideas of my own:

-Corona (original name for the series Lexx, according to Lex Gigeroff. Corona is Latin for “crown,” and has a number of meanings, including the part of a star that dissipates radiant energy and a town near the site of an alleged flying saucer crash)

-Nymph (what you call the young form of an insect that resembles a smaller version of the adult)

-Logos (the Greek equivalent of the Latin “lex”)

-Lexxide (son of the Lexx)

Anyone else have an opinion?

The only name used onscreen for the flying angler-cicada-pollywog is “little Lexx” (the old Lexx was 10 kilometers long, whereas I’ve determined the new Lexx to be between 120 meters and 3.3 kilometers, small by comparison).

I don’t think either Stan or Xev would have any awareness of Latin, Greek, or entomology. If anything, they would continue calling it Li’l’ Lexx or maybe Lexx Junior.

Headgehog
    Participant

Ditto on what Flame said. Both Stan and Xev aren’t that educated and will likely keep calling her ‘lil Lexx.

Nymph is a good name. No offense, but not for the reasons you gave it. Nymph a nythological being of sheer beauty. Beauy so great it could blind or even kill a man!
    But by todays slang, nymph or nympho, someone who like to have sex all the time. Sounds like Stan and Xev to me.

Anonymous

In honor of Paul Donovan, Lex Giggeroff, and Jeff Hirshfield, The Beans, I think we should name it: ” The Beany Baby.”

Or: Lexxos – Lexx off spring

or: Lexxus – a hellava vehicle!

Anonymous

What about

Vexx

?

Little Lexx could turn out to be a little tearaway that they have trouble controlling. Vexx seems like a good name for that.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Nymph is a good name. No offense, but not for the reasons you gave it. Nymph a nythological being of sheer beauty. Beauy so great it could blind or even kill a man!
    But by todays slang, nymph or nympho, someone who like to have sex all the time. Sounds like Stan and Xev to me.

Naturally I know about the mythological origin of the word nymph (I am an expert on Classical mythology). But I think in the typical modern usage it comes up mostly to describe insects (like those creepy-crawly pre-adult cicadas that are everywhere in the summer). At any rate, it’s a cool name because it describes the new Lexx and is only one syllable. I can totally see Stan saying “Nymph, blow up that planet” (though Stan hasn’t actually blown up a planet since Patches in the Sky over 4,000 years ago).

Anonymous

“though Stan hasn’t actually blown up a planet since Patches in the Sky over 4,000 years ago”

Sure he has. Pluto, recent history…series 4.

Pluto is a planet. Yes it is.

mandara k
    Participant

I”m not sure what to call it; I do not think it should have LEXX in the name; I always thought Flexx was good; female LEXX. And this new LEXX; I think she should have some attitude; like a teenager; a serious problem with authority and want to be her own being. Could you see her refusing to blow up a planet because she feels like it.

Mandara K

Anonymous

I still like Li’l Lexx. It rolls nicely off the tongue and I can just hear Brian’s Newfie accent saying it like a 2 syllable word.

“LilLEXX, try blowin’ up that small asteroid.”

Anonymous

I think they should name it “Kai” in memory of Kai.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Insect Overlord:
    Sure he has. Pluto, recent history…series 4.

But Pluto isn’t a planet, it’s a Kuiper asteroid.

Anonymous

i like it being called just ‘little lexx’. ;o)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.