Nasa gives go-ahead for nuclear mission to outer planets

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums Science Faction Nasa gives go-ahead for nuclear mission to outer planets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

As we discussed in the Beagle2 thread, a good space race is just what we need.

News link

Thoughts?

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I so think we should be spending ‘extra’ money on things like space exploration instead of these wars and other pointless things.

Also… why send monekys? Do you know how many geeks like me would volunteer for free to test a new rocket. I can just imagine some Nasa guy come up to me and say ‘would you like to join our space program…’ I’d be strapping myself in before he’d finish talking.

Space, the final frontier.

Anonymous
    lexxrobotech wrote:

Also… why send monekys? Do you know how many geeks like me would volunteer for free to test a new rocket. I can just imagine some Nasa guy come up to me and say ‘would you like to join our space program…’ I’d be strapping myself in before he’d finish talking.

Space, the final frontier.

(Raises hand) ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Send this monkey. I agree, granted the weight is greatly reduced, which means a lot in space travel. But I totally agree, send meeeeeee. ๐Ÿ™

BowCatz
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ The first little buddy space tracker went missing just a few minutes after landing on Mars. I don’t think the boys on Mars are interested in us going to their planet without an invitation. Personally, I would loved to have seen the little tracker picked up and we get one of those closeup and out of focus”is the camera on” looks from the Martian.

I’ll go to Mars just after Burger King gets there first. I hate freeze dried food. 8) ๐Ÿ˜†

I worked at a nuclear power plant for several years in the 1970s. It was being built near the Mississippi River and I was a lowly surveyor rodman. Boy, did I see things though. Pipefitters on speed. Millwrights bringing in bottles of whiskey. Engineers always had the best pot. I learned how to spell Thai stick (thought it was tie schtick. I was real young in the 1970s.) I hope they build these spaceships under tighter scrutiny than that place was built.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.