Need Help With Brigadoom Characters

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Need Help With Brigadoom Characters

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

Hi gang,

I’m preparing to write the second of the three scripts I mentioned, “Brunnis 2.” As you can no doubt guess, it focuses on the events we saw played out in Brigadoom and I Worship His Shadow.

I want to use the pre-existing characters portrayed in Brigadoom as much as possible, but it’s tough to match up credit names to characters in that episode.

Here are the named characters from the episode:

Lett John Dunsworth
    Groo Sharron Timmins
    Kyoo Paul MacQuillan

And to contrast, here are the unnamed characters from the episode:

Master of Ceremonies Jeremy Webb
    New Born Joe Wynn
    Young Woman Patricia Zentilli
    Time Prophet Lorraine Segato
    Judge Richard Sircom

I want to identify exactly which people Lett, Groo, and Kyoo are in the Brigadoom episode.

Presumabley Groo (Sharron Timmins) is that female Brunnen-G elder, and I suppose either Lett or Kyoo is the male Brunnen-G elder. But which one?

And who is the other one?

My best guess is that one of them is one of the New Born who sing “Dull, Dull, Dull,” and the other Newborn who sings is credited as “New Born.”

Thanks for any insights you folks can provide.

Headgehog
    Participant

Kyoo was a newborn. He was the dark haired newborn in Dull Dull Dull. I won Paul’s Costume at Uncon. (I assume it was his, it had “Paul” written inside it)

As for everyone else, your guess is as good as mine.

Anonymous

That episode (Brigadoom) goes down in history for the most BORING LEXX episode ever!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Raven:
    That episode (Brigadoom) goes down in history for the most BORING LEXX episode ever!

i dunno, i hate musicals but i enjoyed brigadoom, and hey, it’s the only background we ever get on brunnis/kai

Anonymous

quote:

dude, you’re entitled to your opinions, but do not present them as fact. Everyone has their own view of brigadoom

Anonymous

Lett is the is male Brunnen-G elder and, as you noted, is played by John Dunsworth. He has also appeared as the running man who gets eaten by the clown-mobile on the cluster in the beginning of Gigashadow, as one of the prisoners in 791, as the old man in Texx Lexx, and as the first ATF agent to be shot by Digby in P4X.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by raven

Watch/Listen to that episode with a group of other Lexxians, that should change your mind; it changed mine.

Anonymous

quote:

Well, for me, that was the episode that got me sucked into Lexx. It was the first episode I ever saw, and I loved it! It was so original! No other show would dare to do a complete ep as musical theater!

Lexx goes where no show has gone before!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

i dunno, i hate musicals but i enjoyed brigadoom,

Ditto.

Unlike Broadway musicals Brigadoom is:

Only one hour long
    songs are short
    songs give pertinent info
    You can understand the words
    Oh, and it stars Kai.

elmey

dgrequeen
    Participant

Granted, the melodies in Brigadoom were pretty simple (mostly lifted from German folk songs and lullabies), but the format was well-crafted. The lyrics, coupled with the Master of Ceremonies’ remarks, told a complete and heartbreaking story. That’s what grabs everybody, and it doesn’t hurt to have tunes that are easy to hum along with.

I loved Brigadoom, but then I’m a theater fan anyway. However, I have to wait until the end of Season 4 to decide which is my favorite episode of all time. It’s a pretty strong contender, though.

Anonymous

*crawls out of the sewer*

I loved Brigadoom. Some of my favorites are probably the really wonky ones, like Twilight and Wake the Dead, etc

I think all my favorite eps are probably going to come from season 2, though there’s a few in 4 that are really cutting it close.

And hey, did anybody miss me? (I know you’ll say you did, FX, cause ya always do ;o). I’m going to have to start checking the board daily again. I’m still trying to catch up from last week)

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elfkin:
    *crawls out of the sewer*

(I know you’ll say you did, FX, cause ya always do ;o).

hmmmph, be that way…guess you are drowning in hostess cupcakes and ciggies again…oh and wipe that sewer goo off will ya

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by brunnis:

dude, you’re entitled to your opinions, but do not present them as fact. Everyone has their own view of brigadoom

Yeah, we do have our own opinions and my opinion of that episode is.. SNORE

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

hmmmph, be that way…guess you are drowning in hostess cupcakes and ciggies again…oh and wipe that sewer goo off will ya

have I mentioned lately how much I love you? hehehe… *showers off the goo* And of COURSE I’m drowning in cupcakes and ciggies! I might have a twinkie around here if you want it

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elfkin:

And of COURSE I’m drowning in cupcakes and ciggies! I might have a twinkie around here if you want it

male or confectionary flavored? (you missed a spot behind your ears)

Anonymous

Well.. I was Xpecting a farce of a musical from the beans when I first heard about it. I was surprised. Normally I don’t care for musicals.

Also I agree with the beans in that there’s been more backstory on Kai than there has been with Stan or Xev.

sgtdraino
    Participant

Headgehog wrote:

“Kyoo was a newborn. He was the dark haired newborn in Dull Dull Dull. I won Paul’s Costume at Uncon. (I assume it was his, it had “Paul” written inside it)”

Ah, thanks. That’s very helpful!

Jason wrote:

“Lett is the is male Brunnen-G elder and, as you noted, is played by John Dunsworth. He has also appeared as the running man who gets eaten by the clown-mobile on the cluster in the beginning of Gigashadow, as one of the prisoners in 791, as the old man in Texx Lexx, and as the first ATF agent to be shot by Digby in P4X.”

Wow! I had no idea he’d been in so many! I never picked up on that being the same guy. Again, very helpful info. Thus, to summarize:

Lett = Male Brunnen-G elder.
    Groo = Female Brunnen-G elder.
    Kyoo = New Born with dark hair.

Excellent work, guys. Very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.