need help with my odd problem

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub need help with my odd problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

hiya,
    I have a problem waking up at odd times. I can get to sleep fine but then i keep waking up at around 4 am and then have trouble going back to sleep (i go to bed around 11pm). Just thought i’d ask if anyone else has had this problem and if they were able to fix it.

i’ve tried warm milk and exercising during the day but i still wake up at around the same time.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have trouble getting to sleep, but once I am I’m nearly unwakeable.

Anonymous

Has this been going on for a long time, or is it a relatively recent development?

Anonymous

Happens to me to. I usually take a couple of Tylenol and turn over. However, I doubt that’s a universal solution–with me it’s not overactive brain (hah!) or anything like that, just plain old back pain.

elmey

PS Is there any reason why 4 A?. Some odd noises in the house that wake you up?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Killer Bunny:
    Has this been going on for a long time, or is it a relatively recent development?

yah, it’s only been happening for about 2 to 3 weeks now. A similar thing happened in may, but it stopped soon after i graduated.

PS Is there any reason why 4 A?. Some odd noises in the house that wake you up?

no, no noises at 4, it’s not really always 4am, sometimes it closer to 3 or 5.

thanks for the responses, hopefully it will go away like before,

Anonymous
    Inactive

You could try herbal sleeping remedies (they usually contain stuff like hops and valerian)

theFrey
    Participant

Give up all caffine and you will sleep like the dead. No cryopod will be needed.

I use to be a light sleeper, not anymore. Now it takes an act of congress to wake me up during the night.

oh course you will feel dead for the first two weeks….. but…. after that you’ll be fine.

Anonymous

You could try herbal sleeping remedies (they usually contain stuff like hops and valerian)

thanks! i will look for that.

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    Give up all caffine and you will sleep like the dead. No cryopod will be needed.

yup, i will definitely avoid the caffeine (and the late night alky hol while i’m at it).

theFrey
    Participant

Well? Are you sleeping better?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    Well? Are you sleeping better?

thanks for asking, but i’m not really sleeping much better. I still wake up around the same time. I am having an easier time getting back to sleep afterwards though.

I recently heard this type of sleep interruption is a symptom of depression. I sure hope not, cause i don’t think i can afford the medication right now.

theFrey
    Participant

Poor sweetie. Well I am not sure it works like that…

“Wait, wait. I don’t have any sick days left, I can’t get the flu.”

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bugblatterbeast:

thanks for asking, but i’m not really sleeping much better. I still wake up around the same time. I am having an easier time getting back to sleep afterwards though.

I recently heard this type of sleep interruption is a symptom of depression. I sure hope not, cause i don’t think i can afford the medication right now.

sleep disturbances can be a sign of depression, but there’s a lot of other reasons too…you mentioned it happened around graduation, ie stressful period…with me it happens when things are bad financially…i’ll be worrying about a big expense, or big disruption/disaster at work, and bingo, i am waking up at 315am every night for weeks until the problem is solved…and yes for me it is always exactly 315 am

Anonymous

Wow, FX, when you said worrying about expenses, that hit the nail on the head for me…..Whenever I wake up the first I think about is any bills that are due and will I be able to pay everything and what if my husband gets sick and our income drops, jeeezzz!!! I drive myself crazy!!! Then I worry about every person’s health and somebody dying!!! Yikes! I’m my own worst enemy…. I have found though, that listening to relaxation tapes such as raindrops or tropical rain forest helps…one time I actually had one that was the sound of a blizzard right down to the ice hitting the window….I wore that one out!! Can’t find another one….

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

sleep disturbances can be a sign of depression, but there’s a lot of other reasons too…you mentioned it happened around graduation, ie stressful period…with me it happens when things are bad financially…i’ll be worrying about a big expense, or big disruption/disaster at work, and bingo, i am waking up at 315am every night for weeks until the problem is solved…and yes for me it is always exactly 315 am

that’s good news. Hopefully it will pass soon, it’s been going on for a couple months now.

Anonymous

FX has much experience in professional medical matters and she is a wise girly (and very attractive too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Personally, the sadgeezers guide was developed on a similar line to your problem. I had a terrible time sleeping and felt drowsy at the oddest times! Wrote reviews coz I couldn’t sleep!

I suggest that you get as much sleep as possible. It doesn’t matter what time of day or night, sleep should be one of your most important considerations for the time being.

Then, try to cut out as many stimulants (eg coffee/cafine) as you can, though alcohol makes me drowsy, Newkate gets REALLY wired when drunk. And try to focus your energies on all the good things that YOU know are right. Maybe this is excersise or cutting down on alcohol or eating correctly or whatever may be worrying you at the time, however silly it may seem. I knwo this may sound a little daft, but it sounds like you have my problem – THE MIND RULES YOUR SLEEP!

My head is as screwed up as possible without going bonkers. That’s a good thing sometimes, but most of the time I just wish I was more relaxed – usually because of sleep deprivation.

Best advice:- Know its wrong and that you are doing something about it – BUT, don’t worry too much, you are cool and you will be ok when you want to be.

Sounds a bit like I have my head up my bum, but it works for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.