Network problems resolved

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Network problems resolved

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi all,

It’s that time again when I write some garbled appology for problems with the site. I’ll attempt to explain what went wrong this time and hopefully you guys wont be too miffed.

TLD Hosts – the sponsors of this site were becoming concerned that the datacentre that hosts it’s servers were not providing the service they should have. They therefore arranged to switch servers in as painless a way as possible. Which they did.

Unfortuantely, this SadGeezer is not as aware of nameservers, nameserver dns numbers, IP numbers and domains as he thought he was and became completely confussled when he was supposed to delete the old nameserver and enter the new one. It wasn’t so much that I deleted the wrong one as that I had them both going at the same time pointing to old an new servers simultaniously – nice job if you can do it!

This meant that some of you would log on and find Session Initialisation errors or see a post one minute and miss it the next as you wizzed between old and new servers.

By the time I realised what was going on the nameserver company screwed up my nameserver dns numbers and after deleting the old nameserver I was not resolving the new nameserver because there was no dns number. Confused! – not as much as ME!

From now on the wife (Newkate) will be handling all complicated server domain stuff – I’ve bloody well had enough of it!

I’m laying bets to see how long it will be before there is another “Cannot find server or DNS Error“. If yer gonna enter this, then you have to name the day. When it happens, the closest to that day will recieve a SadGeezer t-Shirt! ๐Ÿ™‚ {you must be registered to enter}

Ok, I’ll start…… 17th January

PS. I’ve also invided my hosting company to enter ๐Ÿ˜‰

iStan
    Participant

So that’s what happened. It all makes sense now, kind of, sort of, ish…

Anyway, I vote December 23. (But I hope that I’m wrong).

Anonymous

I change my vote to today!

I WIN!

http://www.sadgeezer.com is no more. I can only access sadgeezer.com

Not quite sure why that is yet, but I’m still working on it. Looks like the problems will be around for a little while yet ๐Ÿ™

I’ll keep you all posted.

FX
    Participant

8) okay, this is all way above my head…i will sit quietly back and wait for the little men inside my pc to get their shit together…but i am more than happy to sacrifice small animals and dance widdershins should it be deemed necessary.. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.