‘Never Leave Me’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deliena
    Participant

I am going to post a formal review of the episode. But… just wanted to start a thread based on the ‘Well UK guys, what do you think?’ principle.

I have to say that was one of the best Buffy episodes that I have seen in a long time. There was a good amount of character development, a dollop of humour, a couple of snippets of information which will be explained later in the arc and a really good fight! Nice to see that Joss and the boys are back in the swing of things.

Just what I want from Buffy, a hard vampire, one that spends its time messing with people until it is ready to really go for it. Plus a plot arc that allows each of the scooby gang to really shine in their own unique ways.. Anya was FABULOUS tonight.

Anyway, I’ll go post a proper review now….

Huggles all my lovely little bunnies.

Rag
    Participant

Haven’t seen it yet, but… due to the miracle of friends with Sky and Video recorders, I shall soon. When I have I’ll get back to you.

(didn’t want you to think you were being ignored, nobody likes that).

[Wanders off with huge grin at the prospect of another video packed with Buffy, Angel and Scrubs]

[Wanders back, remembering that the post is not posted yet]

On a downward note, I have a friend in Florida, a HARDCORE buffy fan. And she has stopped watching both Buffy and Angel in disgust. According to her it went ‘wrong’ after the Ep we saw the week before last. Of course this could be due solely to the Angel Cordy thing, but this isn’t the right thread for that.

I’m just counting on the fact that she may not be able to spot a well developed plot line if it had about her with an over ripe haddock.

Anonymous

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

W
    A
    R
    N
    I
    N
    G

Rag wrote:

On a downward note, I have a friend in Florida, a HARDCORE buffy fan. And she has stopped watching both Buffy and Angel in disgust. According to her it went ‘wrong’ after the Ep we saw the week before last. Of course this could be due solely to the Angel Cordy thing, but this isn’t the right thread for that.

Hmmm. I just had a bit of that myself! I downloaded the latest Angel episode from a newsgroup. The previous episode looked as though Angelus was going to suck on Faith’s neck, but instead the opening part of the episode involves a little flashback to where Faith (realising that she was going to lose the battle) decided to inject herself with a powerful drug. She manages to save herself and Angelus is unconcious – wadda copout! Wheddon hasn’t normally reported to such tactics in the past, I really hope this isn’t the shape of things to come. I think that this latest season of Buffy and Angel are the best yet! (especially Angel!)

FX
    Participant

i am enjoying both buffy and angel but i think angel right now is moving faster, along with the sheer nostalgic joy of having faith and willow show up… but i guess now things will pick up a bit on buffy too as she swings into her swansong; it is driving me nuts knowing that this wonderful show is coming to its end, but on the other hand, it has matured well with the scoobies thus far, become more real life and sadder as the scoobies have assumed the responsibilities and disappointments of adulthood, so it is natural to end it…and besides, the crux of the entire slayer legend is that ‘all slayers come stamped with an expiration date’ , and thus far buffy has lasted through several apocalypses, and her own death (x2); she has more than paid her dues and is entitled to some peace finally (plus any film roles that might be forthcoming ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

i am kind of wondering about cordy carrying conner’s baby; do we think that’s for real, or is it another ruse by the evil possessing cordy?

Anonymous
    FX wrote:

… it is driving me nuts knowing that this wonderful show is coming to its end, but on the other hand, it has matured well with the scoobies thus far, become more real life and sadder as the scoobies have assumed the responsibilities and disappointments of adulthood, so it is natural to end it…and besides, the crux of the entire slayer legend is that ‘all slayers come stamped with an expiration date’ , and thus far buffy has lasted through several apocalypses, and her own death (x2); she has more than paid her dues and is entitled to some peace finally (plus any film roles that might be forthcoming ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Hehe. I guess. So how do you think she should end it? Be bitten by a vampire? Gobbled up by a demon or just fade away and get married and have kids ๐Ÿ˜‰

Personally, I’d like to see her killed off – but in a nice way ๐Ÿ™‚ Haha, I can’t believe I said that. A gory death would be inappropriate though, for someone we’ve got used to. Actually, maybe the fade away idea sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

FX wrote:

i am kind of wondering about cordy carrying conner’s baby; do we think that’s for real, or is it another ruse by the evil possessing cordy?

Wadda bitch! I think it was always dodgy that Cordy came back without memory. I think that the real cordy is up in the upper echelons somewhere shouting, “You dumb bastards, can’t you see it’s not me!!” ๐Ÿ™‚

I must admit though, the show has me gripped ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.