New Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy Film

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy New Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy Film

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

“Hollywood Reporter” has said that Spyglass Entertainment Group has confirmed that it will film a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie with Buena Vista. Jay Roach will direct, and Douglas Adams will write the screenplay.

This was also on the SFX network:

quote:

HHGTTG director confirms he wants Carrey for Zaphod

Jay Roach, director of the mooted Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie, has told fans of the movie it will be a genuine effort from the pen of Douglas Adams.

Roach, speaking to Popcorn, put fans minds at rest that the production would lose Adams’ unique British humour, saying: “He’s doing the adaptation himself and producing the film too. So it’ll be a Douglas Adams authentic production.”

He also admitted he was keen to land Jim Carrey as two-headed alien playboy Zaphod Beeblebrox, while Adams was keen to see Hugh Lawrie as last man alive Arthur Dent.

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited April 09, 2001).]

Anonymous

Hell yeah!
    The old movie, if anyone’s seen it, captured the essence of the Hitchhikerness but cut a lot of parts out…maybe this one will stay more true to the plot…plus I think the old one was made in the 60s…the special effects are enough to give you a heart attack.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

DalekTek790
    Participant

1981, a tad after the 60s. I personally don’t think it needs remaking. A digitally-remastered special edition at most.

Arthur bruised his upper arm.”
    The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

hey in the orginal it never told you who i actually was it just said – “our hero” it expected its audience to be intelligent enough to work it out – thats why i never got it

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.