New Member…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    madzad
    Participant

Hi all
    Im a new member… Just wanted to introduce myself to all. My nickname is madzad and Im living in Chorley, Lancs UK. Living it but not loving it lol…

Im a mad hitcher fan and love everything Douglas has ever done. But I happen to think that the movie being made of the HHGTG is a bad move.. firstly there will be no involvement of Douglas and for two, its a bad move. US backed, virtually unknown actors, who is this def mos? I guess Im going to get rocks thrown at me, but I will be boycotting this movie as the worst idea since making the daredevil and Xmen into a movie…

I prefer to leave the laughs and deep thoughts from reading the books and watching the original BBC dvds rather than this facade in hollywood.

OK.. you can all throw rocks now…

Madzad UK

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m also worried about the film, love Hitchhiker’s, the Dirk Gently books, and Douglas Adams generally. Have you read his non-fiction book, Last Chance to See? Always top of my non-fiction recommended list.

Welcome! Throws rocks just for the hell of it. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous
    madzad wrote:

Hi all
    Im a new member… Just wanted to introduce myself to all. My nickname is madzad and Im living in Chorley, Lancs UK. Living it but not loving it lol…

Welcome dude!

Nice to see another Lancastrian.

Did you know SadGeezer.Com heralds from Preston? ๐Ÿ™‚

nursewhen
    Participant

Well I’m not going to say it’s bad until I’ve seen it, though I can imagine it’ll be slick while I think HHGTTG would work better with rough and ready (like Red Dwarf and the original and superb HHGTTG TV series).

I actually don’t think an unknown cast is a bad idea. Big names are sometimes more about pulling in crowds than good casting.

Fatguy
    Participant

Welcome Madzad; don’t be afraid to “rock the boat”.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Welcome madzad!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.