New Moderator

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Jhevz is the new moderator of the Discussion Foum Help. This is a place to discuss topics related to all forums (not just this one).

It will discuss things like how to chose a username and also best practice for forum posting etc.

This forum will probably help shape posicy for the SadBAORD and the SG Guides and therefore, although you can see posts in the forum, you must be in the Forum Voice usergroup to contribute. (It’s very easy, just click the Usergroups above and select Forum Voice and request to join).
    I’m sure we all whish Jhevz good luck with the new forum.

The new forum is at the bottom on the Forums page, in the Moderators & Usergroups category.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool beans! Look forward to participating in your forum, Jhevz! ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Cool beans! Look forward to participating in your forum, Jhevz! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks, Logan,
    I look forward in reading your messages; I’ll let everyone know at the forums here & at lexx.com, in case they want to take a look see too. I hope you read my announcement there & let me know if you think of anything else I should add.
    Take care of you & your family & you have a great Summer.

Sci-Fi Fan to Sci-Fi Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant

Congrats Jhevz! Some comments/questions on the new forum:

1. This forum really looks to be a Testing/Help forum – an idea long overdue on a complicated website like Sadgeezer. Personally, such a place is useful in order to have test new ideas/methods of posting.

2. I wonder why the usergroup….. (if the forum is indeed a type of Testing/Help forum). As an example – I signed up and still can’t enter to post what I am posting now. I figure an inclusive forum like this should be wide open. Perhaps the user group should be a subset of the forum for -as an example – adult sci-fi art or stories, or a project in development that needs some input but not wide open viewing…..

These are just some initial thoughts on the announcement – perhaps I have it wrong. I await your reply.

Maurice

Anonymous

Wooohoo! Welcome Jhevz! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜€ Congratulations Jhevz!
    I’m looking forwards to learning new things.

elmey

Jhevz
    Participant
    Fatguy wrote:

Congrats Jhevz! Some comments/questions on the new forum:

1. This forum really looks to be a Testing/Help forum – an idea long overdue on a complicated website like Sadgeezer. Personally, such a place is useful in order to have test new ideas/methods of posting.

2. I wonder why the usergroup….. (if the forum is indeed a type of Testing/Help forum). As an example – I signed up and still can’t enter to post what I am posting now. I figure an inclusive forum like this should be wide open. Perhaps the user group should be a subset of the forum for -as an example – adult sci-fi art or stories, or a project in development that needs some input but not wide open viewing…..

These are just some initial thoughts on the announcement – perhaps I have it wrong. I await your reply.

Maurice

Fatguy,
    You’re invited to post anything you need help there anytime; it’s by invitaion only, but is opened to anyone who needs help with anything at any time. You may want to read how to post there in a few days, as I still have to post that 1; but you’re invited to post what you want to post there at anytime. ๐Ÿ™‚ If you need any helps, please let me know & I’ll be glad to assist you in any help you require.

Thanks for your wonderful compliments; I’ll get on it as soon as I can & will be enjoying readin what you have to say. ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you have as much fun posting there as I will.

Posters Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since my membership in the Forum Voice usergroup is still pending (I cannot post in your forum), here is a request to gain special access to your forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fatguy
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Since my membership in the Forum Voice usergroup is still pending (I cannot post in your forum), here is a request to gain special access to your forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

You and me both – I hope I have not been a negative influence on you ๐Ÿ™„ .

Maurice – “Why did I pick the name – Fatguy?”

Anonymous

I’m not quite sure why Jhevz hadn’t approved your applications to join her group, I’ve approved them myself. All those who have applied now have access.

Jhevz
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

I’m not quite sure why Jhevz hadn’t approved your applications to join her group, I’ve approved them myself. All those who have applied now have access.

Thanks Sadgeezer,
    I’ll do better in approving any applcations that are being requested; I’ll write myself a note at the bottom of my black book that I should check for anyone requesting to join my group. I’m new at this, so it’s gonna take me awhile & a few tries before I get it right.
    Thanks again for the PM; I’ll do better on becoming a new Moderator; since this is new for me, I might be making some mistakes & I thank you for pointing this out.

Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

nursewhen
    Participant

Hi Jhevz. Congratulations.
    Just to let you know, I’m now on your pending list ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant
    nursewhen wrote:

Hi Jhevz. Congratulations.
    Just to let you know, I’m now on your pending list ๐Ÿ˜€

nursewhen,
    I just approved your application to my new forum & now you can post there. I’m very glad you applied & now that you’re application has been approved you can post there anytime you wish, especially if you need help with something or have a query about something. If you have any questions about posting there, please let me know & I’ll be glad to help. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Congradulations on getting on my list & happy posting. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

nursewhen
    Participant

Thanks for that Jhevz. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I shall wreak havoc in there anon ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    SadGeezer wrote:

This forum will probably help shape posicy for the SadBAORD and the SG Guides and therefore, although you can see posts in the forum, you must be in the Forum Voice usergroup to contribute. (It’s very easy, just click the Usergroups above and select Forum Voice and request to join).

I think it’s a bad idea to require membership in the usergroup to post. Especially given that it may take several days to get approved. Someone with a problem is likely to just a) post in another forum, b) PM/email the moderators, or c) just forget about it. In any case, it’s not a very helpful Help forum if people needing help can’t actually ask for it there.

nursewhen
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

I think it’s a bad idea to require membership in the usergroup to post. Especially given that it may take several days to get approved. Someone with a problem is likely to just a) post in another forum, b) PM/email the moderators, or c) just forget about it. In any case, it’s not a very helpful Help forum if people needing help can’t actually ask for it there.

I quite agree, which was why I suggested in there that the board could do with both a help and a test forum.
    I feel the existing ‘help’ forum is a bit of a misnomer as it’s more of a ‘policy’ forum and getting help in there would indeed be a long winded process. Especially if getting membership is the thing that the person needs help with.

standown
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ well I find that I can not log into lexx.com as the site can not be found!! most up-setting as I have been gone for a short while traveling about and running a new coffee shop here at home and had no time to post lately. I am very happy to find some of my old pals here and would like any info on what has happened in my abs from there. Thanks Sadboard for giving me a place to rest as the other was my safe harbor and loved the postings there in. please feel free to email me with the scoop and catch me up to par and…… ๐Ÿ˜‰ Very good to see you nursewhen and congrats to Jhevz as I have enjoyed both and see others here as well. good to have a couch to drop in on. Thanks. and 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Standown, and welcome! The old board is no more… The new address is http://www.lexxfans.com

If you have a look at the sadgeezer Lexx forum, many of the lexx.commers migrated to this site en masse when the old board was unceremoniously yanked by Alliance Atlantis (many, such as myself were already regulars here), but a new, improved board arose from the ashes. Gela announced the good news in the Sad Lexx forum — the epic and harrowing tale can be found in the threads HERE.

-FunkET

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.