New science fiction fan site

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff New science fiction fan site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zestful
    Participant

please take a look at my hard work, its no where as good as this site but im trying real hard http://www.scifionline.net http://www.scifionline.net/

theFrey
    Participant

Interesting, you might want to tighten up your layout. Having to scroll from left to right to see stuff is a bit distracting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My screen resolution is set at 1152 by 864 pixels (I’ve found that a good setting for most sites), and the width fits perfectly with Explorer, and almost perfectly with Netscape. One can permanently change the font size in your browser, but can one set it up so that a page will automatically fit the browser window? I know Opera has a “fit to window width” feature (better than small screen rendering). I have my browser set up so that images will automatically be sized to fit my window, and, if required, I use a zoom feature. What about setting up a site so that it will automatically fit the users browser window, if possible. Or offer customisable user resolution settings.

First off, welcome to the board! Here’s my l’il, ill thought out critique for what it’s worth.

I think it looks good… Fast to load, pleasing simple layout, easy to read and navigate, while being content rich. Like your choice of forums, but dang, pleased as I am to see a King Kong forum, not having a designated Godzilla forum as well is practically criminal.

One problem I have with your site concerns your domain name… Too late to change it I guess. It’s not original enough, methinks. I’ve long visited a site called Sci-Fi online ( http://www.sci-fi-online.co.uk/ ). It’s a well-established sci-fi site, and some might expect that site when they see a link to your site. In short, it’s called Sci-Fi Online.

On another note: While I truly appreciate the work you’ve put into your site, am pleased to see content rich sci-fi sites (like this site) flourishing, can understand you’re eagerness to show off the fruits of your labour, and you may only be looking for feedback so as to improve your site by mentioning it thusly at the board, rather than just submitting to the links directory, mentioning said site can come across as rather inelegant (if it’s looked at as advertising/plugging particularly).

Normally a good idea to involve yourself in the sci-fi community you’re going to mention it at first, and then find an appropriate topic. Sites have different policies on this. As a multi-boarder (though not an avid poster), I like to take in different sci-fi sites. I mention this just in case, since I’ve visited some sites where they’re really strict about this, but I don’t know that you’re mentioning it in many online communities (best to stick with the best, like this site, since you’re liable to get better feedback).

That said, link exchange can be a good thing, and I see that your site as well as this site have designated link directories.

Anyway, looks like you did a good job with the site. All the best in your venture. Congrats.

zestful
    Participant

thank you for your imput , just a noobie mistake i guess, still cant get 800×600 perfect but the other resolutions look ok, Logan I’ve added a godzilla forum just for you, thanks again for the imput ….zest

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool! So many great monsters in Godzilla. You know, much as I enjoyed the film, Godzilla vs. King Kong, what I’d really like to see is a monster tagteam wrestling movie a la King Ghidora, Mechagodzilla and Barney vs. King Kong, Donkey Kong, and Dr. Zaius (from Planet of the Apes — one of my absolute fave sci-fi themed movie series).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.