New Star Trek saga

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This was recvieved from TrekToday.com:

According to a casting sheet sent out by Paramount, the as-yet-untitled show will be set aboard the Starship Enterprise, under the command of Captain Jackson Archer.

It will take place in the 22nd Century, before even the original Star Trek series.

Jackson is described as a bold and intensely curious explorer in his early 40s, who, “unlike the Starfleet captains in centuries to come, exhibits a sense of wonder and excitement as well as a little repidation about the strange things he will encounter.” Like Captain James T. Kirk, he is described as having a strong sense of duty, but also not afraid to question orders or even disobey them if he feels in his gut that he’s right – “he’s a bit of a renegade,” according to the casting sheet.

His crew include Sub-Commander T’Pau, a Vulcan female assigned to oversee humanity’s progress on board Enterprise, Commander Charlie ‘Spike’ Tucke, a Southerner who is rilliant as engineer of the Enterprise but very inexperienced when it comes to dealing with alien cultures, and Doctor Phlox, an exotic alien who practices a brand of “Intergalactic medicine” the likes of which we’ve never seen.

A recurring character that will be appearing in the show is Silik, a physically agile alien, and leader of the Suliban, a deadly species obsessed with genetic enhancement – described as the show’s main villain. In addition, the pilot will feature several high-ranking Starfleet Admirals and a Vulcan ambassador, perhaps suggesting that it will also show some of the political intrigue that undoubtedly took place during the early years of the Federation.

The full casting sheet can be found by going to TrekToday.com:
    http://www.trektoday.com/news/040301_01.shtml

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited March 06, 2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wierd.. I hope we’re not returning to the cheesy sound effects of the original series (foley guy: ooh, someones just pressed a button, lets play one of our 5 random sound effects..)

Anonymous

Old-school trek eh? Sounds like just the thing to get over DS9.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

sounds cool, hope it’s going to be shown here in sweden

Anonymous

Can’t wait to see the new film, but I always thought Christopher Pike was the first captain of the Enterprise. Can some one please enlighten me.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Robert T. April was the first captain of the Constitution-class U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701.
    Then Christopher Pike.
    Then James Tiberius Kirk.
    Then Willard Decker.
    Then Spock.
    Then it got blown up.

Jackson Archer has never been mentioned in any episode movie, or other official Star Trek material.

Neither have Charles Tuck, Dr. Phlox, or Silik.

T’Pau appeared in the Original Series episode Amok Time, which established her as one of the first Vulcans to be involved with the Federation.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Bah humbug, I say!

I’m really hoping that thing’s a fake…

——————
    Why don’t you smegging well smeg off, you annoying little smeggy smegging smegger?
    -Arnold Rimmer

Anonymous

Getting back to the subject of Enterprise captains, I’m intrigued. When was Robert April captain, what happened to him and where can I find out about him???

DalekTek790
    Participant

The name Robert T. April does not come from any episode or movie, but is from an interview with Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry. It is still usually considered official, and is even in Michael Okuda’s Star Trek Chronology.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.