New Stargate Show. Any News?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 New Stargate Show. Any News?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Has anyone heard any more news about Stargate Atlantis?

Anonymous

All I know apart from that it’s called Atlantis, is that there will be an entirely new cast (either mostly or all civvy) with our favourite regulars maybe making guest appearances and a new enemy will emerge. Sorry I couldn’t get any more.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I think it talks about how the great Egyptian age was but a remnant of the Atlantian culture. The antediluvian kings colonised the world. All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas in all legends from all lands were from fair Atlantis. Knowing her fate, Atlantis sent out ships to all corners of the Earth. On board were the Twelve: The poet, the physician, the farmer, the scientist, the magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve already printed what I know:

•Stargate: Atlantis. This series centers on a new team in the Stargate SG-1 universe. A secret base left by the originators of the Stargate is found in the most unlikely of places: on Earth, buried within the ruins of the legendary civilization of Atlantis. A new team travels to a distant universe, where they find a primitive human civilization threatened by a sinister new enemy.

I’m looking forward to it. Although I’m not sure how close the show will remain to its SG-1 roots. It sounds like is may take a whole new spin on the franchise. Also I hope the quality is better then this last season of sg-1.

Of course this may all be moot. Since SG-1 is now Sci fi’s number 2 shows (Tremors is doing better in the ratings), the gerbils may drop the franchise in favor of its new favored child. They’ve done it twice beofre already, they don’t care about contracts (there’s always a loophole) or fans!

Anonymous

Interesting, first I’ve heard of it

Jennicide
    Participant

The new Stargate show, Stargate: Atlantis looks like it might be a little disappointing. I’m not getting my hopes up for it, but if you want info, go here:
    http://www.stargateatlantis.com/

There are pictures of the new cast, and if you look closely at their uniforms they look like.. dorks is the best way I can describe it. Despite rumours that the team was likely to be civ. it is a military op. based on a distant world in another galaxy. I’m hoping these uniforms are their ‘wear on the base’ uniforms and they have others to do missions in, because big panels of solid colour in a cammoflage outfit tend to give your position away. That would be a major mistake on the wardrobe’s part.

Also:
    SPOILERS…season 7
    Dr Weir who stars in the last couple of eps. in season seven is the person who leads up the team on Atlantis. However, what some reason she seems to be a completely different person in Atlantis. (this is of course, because she is. They are two different actors) This was bad planning.
    It also might just be that I really enjoy the show with the original cast. You can’t go wrong with SG-1.
    Although, by making Jack a General, they do allow for him to only be on the show a certain number of times in each ep. and sometimes not at all (he devides his time between the show and his daughter) it also makes it difficult, i would imagine, to put him on missions.
    http://www.gateworld.net has a whole bunch of info about this. I could go on forever about it, but I’ll let those who are interested look themselves.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.