New Team Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

From Scifi.comCorin Nemec (Parker Lewis Can’t Lose) joins the cast of Stargate SG-1 when the series begins its sixth season on the SCI FI Channel in June. Michael Shanks, who played Daniel Jackson, leaves the show at the end of the current season.

Nemec will play Jonas Quinn, a human leader from another planet, who visits Earth and becomes entangled with the SG-1 team, the network announced. Quinn is introduced in the season-five finale. Nemec joins regular cast members Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge.

SG-1 begins production on the new season in February in Vancouver, B.C., and the show moves to Friday nights on SCI FI from Showtime this spring with all-new episodes. SCI FI will also air reruns of all five seasons of SG-1 from the beginning on weekdays, starting in the fourth quarter of 2002.

Wow announcing Shank’s replacement didn’t take long. I vaugely remember Parker Lewis Can’t Lose does anyone remeber what character Corin played?

Anonymous

i am pretty sure he played the lead role of Parker Lewis. i am still sad to see Micheal Shanks leave. but i think that Corin will make a nice addition to the cast.

Anonymous

I read that the new characters name was Liander Quinn not Jonas, is Jonas definitely the new members name?
    I can’t get over Daniel Jackson leaving, seeing as he was an important element in the movie, Michael Shanks leaving I can get over, but as Saddy said, who’s gonna figure out all the languages and be the G’oauld expert, DJ seems to be an integral part of the plot.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Shanks always seemed a little too hammy to me and I went right off the dude after seeing him in an episode of Andromeda.

Having said that, the best thing about SG-! show is the characterisation. I wonder if the show will suffer much from an interaction point of view. And also, if the new dude is going to be a leader from another planet, who is going to be the teams expert on Goauld/Earth history and linguistics?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squish-ums:
    I read that the new characters name was Liander Quinn not Jonas, is Jonas definitely the new members name?
    I can’t get over Daniel Jackson leaving, seeing as he was an important element in the movie, Michael Shanks leaving I can get over, but as Saddy said, who’s gonna figure out all the languages and be the G’oauld expert, DJ seems to be an integral part of the plot.
    Squishy

I’m just going by what I’ve read. But Liannder Quin would make more sense then Jonas. Wasn’t Jonas the name of one of the Tok’ra? I’m not to peturned over Dr. Jackson’s leaving though. He seemed like to much of a third wheel sometimes. And the character lost a lot since the movie. IMO hios arc ended after Teal’c killed his wife.

As for who will be the linguist and G-oauld, I don’t know. They probably just won’t worry about it in the sixth season. Figure everyone they’ve run into recently speaks perfect english anyway, so what’s it matter.

Headgehog
    Participant

Squish, what site have you been going to for the spoilers?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Squish, what site have you been going to for the spoilers?

I’ve found two that offer a brief description of upcoming eps, TVTome was one (TVTome.com I think) and the other was epguides.com.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I just saw Episode 521 “Meridian” of Stargate SG-1. The SG-1 team discovers a planet similar to 1940’2 Earth. There, they find an element called Naquadria which is even more powerful than the Naquada that the Goauld use. One of the Governments of this planet want to use the Naquadria to make a bomb to deter hostilities from other nations on the planet. During a weapons test, there is an accident where the Naquadria begins building towards a nuclear explosion, Daniel pulls the control rod out of the Naquadria which stops the reaction but in doing this he exposes himself to a lethal dose of radiation.
    Daniel rapidly develops radiation sickness and there is no hope of healing his injuries. Then Daniel is aided by one of the energy Aliens from the Planet Kebb, the alien helps Daniel achieve Ascension, instead of dying he ascends to become an energy being like those beings that can control the elements like on Kebb.

Corin Nemec appears as Jonas Quinn who is a government official from the planet they are visiting. He is adept at languages, translations, and archeaology similar to Daniel Jackson. Jonas brings a quantity of the Naquadria to Earth, Samantha carter hopes that the element will help them to develope Shield technology to defend them against the Goauld. Jonas cannot return to his world since in stealing the Naquadria he has become a traitor and cannot return. This of course opens up the opportunity for him to take Daniel Jackson’s position on SG-1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.