New theme almost ready!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The new theme is coming on really well now.  It would be up already if it wasn’t for me asking for some late changes to the flash part of it.

We’ve tried to keep as much of the old look and feel as possible and yet make it a little crisper.  The flash is a scary addition – it talks too. 

New theme 

Believe it or not, this will actually load faster than the previous SG theme.  Hopefully, it’ll be up in the next week or so (depends how fast Mike can re-record the voice stuff).

Hollydays
    Participant

looks great! I must say, as a "love you long time" user..I’m still weired out by how the site looks now, lol…us old geezers don’t like change that much, i guess…

SadADMIN
    Keymaster

Yep, can’t get used to the clean happy chirpy (crappy) look of the site as it looks now.  Should always be a little dark  I think  🙂

I’m actually keeping the current (light background) look as an option for people who don’t like the ‘traditional’ theme.  we’ll be periodically changing it with new themes and people will have the option of chosing the look and feel they prefer.  The hard part of all this is how to make the sight work in dark and light background themes (meant we had to scrub all the html text attributes from 49,000 web pages  – That was fun  🙂

Nearly finished – hopefully you’ll see it before Mike gets drunk on Friday  🙂

Hollydays
    Participant

oh dear – isn’t Mike drunk already?

I’m quite sure Mike is a Bender Robot….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.