Newbi question….looking fer some help

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Newbi question….looking fer some help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sidhecafe
    Participant

Hiya folks, sidhecafe visiting again after months of getting away from this board…and now I’ve upgraded my cable service so I actually have access to the Scifi Channel again ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

But I had a question about adding some pizazz to my posts here. I’d love a little pic to illustrate me. And I was drawing a blank on editing my signature, figured I should give Mr. Dozois his credit, even if he sent me a rejection form letter for my story submission. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks in advance for any help and it’s very nice to visit this site again!

sidhecafe

P.S. little about me, sidhecafe is pronounced “she-cafe” sidhe is irish for faerie. It’s from above mentioned story. I write scifi/speculative fiction and live in Boston, MA and work for a beer company to pay the bills. I’m a 32 yo woman who still remembers evicting Barbie from her Dreamhouse so the Leia and her compatriots could use it for their Rebel Base! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Sidhecafe wrote:

P.S. little about me, sidhecafe is pronounced “she-cafe” sidhe is irish for faerie…

And is the cafe bit French for coffee?

I did a little composite avatar that you can use (just combined two existing images and resized)… It’s not very good, but if you like the theme, just copy and paste this link http://www.members.shaw.ca/funky2funky/FaerieCappuccinonew.gif into the Upload Avatar From a URL box in Profile and submit.

Really, it’s more Faerie Cappuccino, but just imagine it’s a faerie drinking Irish coffee. As for a sig to go with it, how about “Sidhecafe, good to the last drop.” ๐Ÿ˜†

Welcome back!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks Logan for the faerie pic, she’s great!!!

hmmmm…….Irish coffee would be perfect right now….

Bottoms up!

Thanks again!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

the space in my Profile for Avator says something like
    “see Forum_Profile for admin”

Any ideas?

Headgehog
    Participant
    Sidhecafe wrote:

Any ideas?

I went into the controls to check your profile. You should be able to display an avatar without any issues. Try it again, if there is still a problem; send me a link/address (via PM or email) to the avatar you want, and I’ll “force” it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Headgehog wrote:

Sidhecafe wrote:

Any ideas?

I went into the controls to check your profile. You should be able to display an avatar without any issues. Try it again, if there is still a problem; send me a link/address (via PM or email) to the avatar you want, and I’ll “force” it.[/quote]

This site has a ton of settings options on various pages.

Sidhecafe, that’s the message in Forum Account: Change your Info (Personal Information), but you need to go to Profile on the SadBOARD page (it’s in the bar near the top of the board page with FAQ, Search, Memberlist, Usergroups — the PM messages function being below it).

Tรก failte romhat, Sidhecafe. Glad you like the pic, unfortnately the cup is resting on top of the faerie’s hands, when it should be in it. Luckily, it isn’t that noticeable in the small avatar-sized image.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Logan and Hedgehog,

Thank you both so very much for your help!!!

I appreciated your efforts! And now I just feel all the more groovy!

Thanks again!

theFrey
    Participant

Gasp! Who is that good looking fairy Sipping Java! ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.