NEWS FLASH: CANADA ANNEXES THE UNITED STATES

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx NEWS FLASH: CANADA ANNEXES THE UNITED STATES

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

OTTAWA: Government sources confirm today that due to the overwhelming demand for more of the Canadian science fiction series LEXX; the Prime Minister rejected the proposed peace treaty from the United States and demanded unconditional surrender.
    Events of the past few weeks have greatly shifted the balance of power between these two nations. Canada, always the “David”
    in altercations with the US in the past, has finally obtained a valuable “bargaining chip” in its bid for expansionism “a la 21st century”, in the unlikely guise of the ending of a much loved television show.
    Chaos reigned supreme on both sides of the border as ordinary citizens took the streets and demanded more. With shouts of “Hail Paul Donovan” and “Kai Lives Forever”, mobs overpowered the armed troops sent in for crowd control and took both local and federal governmental officials hostage in all of the major cities.
    A list of demands was quickly drawn up and delivered to Ottawa and Washington, D.C. by the former moderators of the Sadboard, now the leaders of the SWLD(Society of World Lexxus Dominus)> Amongst them was the immediate surrender of all power to Salter Street Studios in Halifax NS; and an official declaration of Paul Donovan as Emperor of the Northern Hemisphere
    for life.
    Mr. Donovan was unavailable for comment; but his second in command, Mr. Lex
    Gigeroff spoke on his behalf.
    “We accept this great and unexpected honor humbly and gratefully. We really were not prepared for such a huge task; but as Boy Scouts taught me as a young boy, it’s good to be prepared. So, let me relay a list of demands, I mean, requests,we prepared in case of such an oportun… I mean, crisis like this arose.”

Anyone want to help me with the demands?

mandara k

BowCatz
    Participant

Kai must be the new president or I’m not for it one bit.

Kai

For

President

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: BowCatz ]

dgrequeen
    Participant

Well, since Canada is taking over, I believe Kai will have to be Prime Minister rather than President. No Lexx goo at state dinners, though. Although, come to think of it, I guess there’s not much difference between that and poutine.

mandara k
    Participant

Come on; we can do better than this! You Canadians; help me out here. Instead of McDonalds on every corner; what would we see?

Skip the focus on Kai girls and think of the creators of Kai, sheesh. This is an exercise in moving beyond one character. get used to it; it’s ending, move on.
    The purpose is to get you thinking of what the overall vision has been about LEXX and to make you realize that though MM had a hand in fleshing out the character, other people created him first; trace what you liked back to the source my friends and give credit where credit is due. Then, possibly you can see that these Beans are not a garden variety; they are special guys that you may want to think about supporting in the future with their new endeavors; for if they can come up with this; there is no limit to what might be kicking around in the future.

This was to get you thinking; I guess it failed.

Mandara K

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.