No more Andromeda!?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

There is a rumour going around that Sky TV in the UK have decided not to screen the remainder of Season 2 of Andromeda.

I have no idea why – does anyone know if this is true?

Anonymous

grrrr! i hope this isn’t true! i will check out the slipstream bb and see if they have heard anything about it and let you know.

[ 03-12-2001: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

grrrr! i hope this isn’t true! i will check out the slipstream bb and see if they have heard anything about it and let you know.

[ 03-12-2001: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

Yep, I replied to your post on the SSBBS about this. To recap: Sky have no plans to show the rest of season 2 in the near future. The decision on the return date hasn’t been made yet but the person I spoke to at Sky said it would probably be after Enterprise had finished it’s run.

I have been spamming Sky for the last week and a half in various forms: e-mail, fax, telephone and snail mail and that’s the most information I’ve gotten out of them.

I HATE YOU SKY!!!

Anonymous

Yep, I replied to your post on the SSBBS about this. To recap: Sky have no plans to show the rest of season 2 in the near future. The decision on the return date hasn’t been made yet but the person I spoke to at Sky said it would probably be after Enterprise had finished it’s run.

I have been spamming Sky for the last week and a half in various forms: e-mail, fax, telephone and snail mail and that’s the most information I’ve gotten out of them.

I HATE YOU SKY!!!

Anonymous

Bloody Sky wondered what was going on. They really do treat people like crap and we are paying for the privilege. I’m gonna wear out my recordings of the episodes that they have shown.

Anonymous

Bloody Sky wondered what was going on. They really do treat people like crap and we are paying for the privilege. I’m gonna wear out my recordings of the episodes that they have shown.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Brit:
    Bloody Sky wondered what was going on. They really do treat people like crap and we are paying for the privilege.

Yep, Sky have a lot to answer for. But what can we do. They have managed to corner the cable and satellite market, charge whatever they want and treat their customers (especiallyu the sci fi ones) like morons.

It seems all we can do is put up with it

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Brit:
    Bloody Sky wondered what was going on. They really do treat people like crap and we are paying for the privilege.

Yep, Sky have a lot to answer for. But what can we do. They have managed to corner the cable and satellite market, charge whatever they want and treat their customers (especiallyu the sci fi ones) like morons.

It seems all we can do is put up with it

Anonymous

Um. Beware of spamming. In my earlier post I mentioned that I’d done a full-scale assault on Sky. This week they had their revenge. Multiple form letters have clogged my inboxs. ‘Thank you for…blah blah blah…Andromeda off the air…blah blah blah…etc. I got no useful information and a suspected case of carpal tunnel syndrome deleting all that sh*t.

Complaining on paper is probably a better idea. Ack! Hardcopy {shiver} I don’t do the pen and paper thing. Ten letters down, how many more do I need to do? It’s a good thing I have lots and lots of pseudonyms.

Anonymous

Um. Beware of spamming. In my earlier post I mentioned that I’d done a full-scale assault on Sky. This week they had their revenge. Multiple form letters have clogged my inboxs. ‘Thank you for…blah blah blah…Andromeda off the air…blah blah blah…etc. I got no useful information and a suspected case of carpal tunnel syndrome deleting all that sh*t.

Complaining on paper is probably a better idea. Ack! Hardcopy {shiver} I don’t do the pen and paper thing. Ten letters down, how many more do I need to do? It’s a good thing I have lots and lots of pseudonyms.

Anonymous

ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS POSTED BY MARY BETH (it had to be re-posted because the board was giving and incorrect time stamp).

quote:

here in the year 2010 SKY tv has been bought out by MOON tv which brings scifi tv to new heights by allowing interactive programming by the consumers. MOON tv actualy listens to their customers and plans their programming schedule around what their customers want. this is a really nice world we live in now isn’t it!

Anonymous

ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS POSTED BY MARY BETH (it had to be re-posted because the board was giving and incorrect time stamp).

quote:

here in the year 2010 SKY tv has been bought out by MOON tv which brings scifi tv to new heights by allowing interactive programming by the consumers. MOON tv actualy listens to their customers and plans their programming schedule around what their customers want. this is a really nice world we live in now isn’t it!

Anonymous

maybe now that Andromeda has been picked up for two more seasons SKY will realize that they made a huge mistake and start showing the show again!

Anonymous

maybe now that Andromeda has been picked up for two more seasons SKY will realize that they made a huge mistake and start showing the show again!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:

I think Sky kne about that way befotre they decided to pull the show. It was consistantly pulling top three ratings and the two more season deal with the producers is fairley old news now.

I’m sure that there is some other reason. I think it’s probably financial.

The oly thing that seems certain is that Sky are real idiots when it comes to listening to their viewers.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:

I think Sky kne about that way befotre they decided to pull the show. It was consistantly pulling top three ratings and the two more season deal with the producers is fairley old news now.

I’m sure that there is some other reason. I think it’s probably financial.

The oly thing that seems certain is that Sky are real idiots when it comes to listening to their viewers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

well, that explains why they’ve been showing startrek re-runs for the last few monday evenings

Anonymous
    Inactive

well, that explains why they’ve been showing startrek re-runs for the last few monday evenings

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.