No more Lexx DVDs in the UK!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx No more Lexx DVDs in the UK!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just got word from Contender. They will no be releasing Lexx Season 3 or 4 in the UK on DVD. Not even sure if Season 4 will be coming out in video in the UK. Damn!

Another petition to get Lexx on DVD anyone?

Anonymous

Was there any explaination? Did Series 2 sell poorly or something? Thats really a shame I guess if worse comes to worse you can get the AM ones, though I dont know how difficult it is to play NTSC in England.

Sorry to hear this

Anonymous

Well I’m not usually one to swear but..

That ****in’ sucks.

Anonymous

Damn. Well I guess now’s the time to get that multiregional player.

Hopefully Acorn will keep LEXX going over here.

Lee Binding has dropped by here a few times. You still out there, Lee? Can ya help us out.

Anonymous

I’m still having trouble finding the Series 2 DVD’s. They’re not gonna take them off the shelves are they?

Anonymous

Apparently the Season 2 DVDs didnt sell well at all so they wont be releasing Season 3 or 4.

Im hoping that another company may release them one day but I think Contender hold the rights to the Series in the UK.

I cant play region 1 DVDs in on my DVD player but I suppose I could play them on my PS2 or X-Box. hmmmm….

Anonymous

Playing DVD’s on the PS2 is no where near as good as a real DVD Player. My DVD player is downstairs in the living room and my PS2 is in my room so sometimes I have no choice but to watch DVD’s on the PS2 because I like to watch DVD’s before I go to sleep. The picture keeps flickering and getting darker and the sound isn’t as good either…

lizard
    Participant

That seems very odd, Will an american dvd player work on your tv? Dvd’s are much cheaper now, I got mine at walmart! You could probably mail order a US or canadian dvd player, but it does seem like a lot of trouble just for one show. It seems utterly moronic to me that all dvd technology is not compatible.

I was going to wait to buy the lexx movies, but maybe I shouldn’t if they are going to stop selling them!

Anonymous

don’t know if this would be helpful, but the cheapest i’ve seen a multi-regional DVD player for is £109 on Amazon. though it’s some brand i’ve never heard of!!!
    …and do want to hear something that’s probably just as irritating as the lack of DVD’s (which, by the way i was considering buying at some point in the future!)??? just got a new cable package with 100+ channels, lots to flick through!!- the other half goes through them the other night after i’d gone bed . tells me today he’d watched the first ever episode of Lexx on one of them. ‘great! love to see the first series again!’ i says. ‘which channel?’..’dunno. didn’t notice…’ d’ohhh well, would you want to start searching through that lot???

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: snooklepie ]

Anonymous

Hmmm….I’m still not 100% convinced about this. Not that I don’t trust JJ or anything but Contender’s kult tv release schedule was updated today and Lexx S3 DVD’s are still on there. Although this could be just me, clinging to hope….
    http://www.contender.ltd.uk/kult-tv/ktvnewrel.html

Anonymous

Well my info comes from Lee at Contender so its pretty reliable. Their website is never up to date anyway. Email them and see what they say.

Anonymous

Okay, that sucks. I’m not sure but aren’t there some places that will convert the region code for an extra fee? So maybe you can get the videos here in the States?

Anonymous

I have a fancy-spanky SONY DVD player which wont play any other region apart from Region 2 DVDs and I dont want it tinkering with and getting it modded and chipped. I do have a PS2 and an X-Box which can both play DVDs but yet again these are region 2 but I think you can get software which allows the playing of Region 1 DVDs. I shall have to investiage this.

The other bummer is that Contender wont be releasing Season 4 on Video or DVD! So if Season 4 comes out on DVD in the US I will have to find some way of playing them on my UK player.

All I have is Season 4 taped roughly from UK Sci-Fi channel and its full of adverts and even has adverts cropping up in the middle of episodes (“Lyekka vs Japan”)!

Damn you Contender from leading us UK fans up the garden path!!!!

[ 10-06-2002: Message edited by: JumpingJedi ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Raven:
    Playing DVD’s on the PS2 is no where near as good as a real DVD Player. My DVD player is downstairs in the living room and my PS2 is in my room so sometimes I have no choice but to watch DVD’s on the PS2 because I like to watch DVD’s before I go to sleep. The picture keeps flickering and getting darker and the sound isn’t as good either…

That sounds fishily like Macrovision. Do you have the PS2 output going through a VCR?

Anonymous

This site has a lot of info about DVDs and region-free stuff. I think I even saw where a few retailers would transfer a title to PAL, for a modest fee, that is.

Tod
    Participant

Just buy a Region X for ps2 – then you can play any region DVD’s, they are £19.99.

I have never experienced flicker on playback of DVD’s with my PS2, are you running it through a video, as i think the point about macrovision causing flicker is probably right.
    http://www.cd-wow.com are doing the best deal on Lexx DVD’s (season 2 and 3 http://www.cd-wow.com/searchresults_2.php?searchfield=lexx £10.99!)- but are the american region 1 so will need to have the facility to play them.

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: Tod ]

Anonymous

That sounds fishily like Macrovision. Do you have the PS2 output going through a VCR?

Yeah, I do. I rent DVD’s from Blockbuster and copy them onto VHS through my PS2. The T.V in my bedroom is only small so it doesn’t have a SCART socket to plug the PS2 into so I use my VCR instead.

Anonymous

Is this realy for real, ive just bought 2.1 and 2.2 DVD box sets today……….

pet
    Participant

I don’t know how helpful this is, but someone on Lexx.com was kind enough to give me this address for converting region codes for a Lexxian I know in Scotland.

Region Free DVD[/url]

I haven’t tried it, (honestly I didn’t even read much before I sent the address along), so I can make no claims about how it works or if it does it without damage to your DVD player, but there’s the address if anyone else wants it.

Pet;D

SteveDimond
    Participant

Exciting news folks I just had to share. Having spent a lot of time and money buying a second DVD-ROM drive for my PC which I set to region 1 just so I could watch imported N. American LEXX DVDs, I ordered the Canadian season 3 DVDs from play.com.

They arrived yesterday, and guess what! They are region-free (or to be exact, regions 1 to 6)! I just hope the season 4 discs will be as well.

Anonymous

I hope your wrong about this because that nwill meen that I and the rest of the LEXX fans will never have the chanse to se LEXX Series 4!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.