No more Louise?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mok
    Participant

πŸ™ Went to one of the other web sites and found out Louise will no longer be participating in Con’s. Hope I’m just an idiot that can’t read too good. Happy I got to meet her in Vegas but as she’s my favorite feeling very low right now. Somebody please post and tell me I am wrong….flame the hell out of me….whatever ya’ll do here.

theFrey
    Participant

Well none of them are currently doing any cons, and most likely won’t until they can find a convention manager to arrange and fund them.

But…. having said that, I will say that Ms. W. had to go through extraordinary scheduling efforts every time she appeared at a convention. She acts (in several countries) sings, has an import business and she and her husband have been working on opening a club in Toronto. That she made it to DC was a minor miracle of scheduling. If I am not mistaken she was at an awards show until very late the evening before. She is a busy, busy lady.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    mok wrote:

…flame the hell out of me….whatever ya’ll do here.

Welcome to the board, Mok.

Jhevz
    Participant

mok,
    Welcome to this great board; I think you’ll enjoy it here & post a lot. It’s a fun board to post on & read; there’s some great reading here & you’ll make great friends. I hope you enjoy coming here & post as much as you can.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

Really Mok, you ask the question, get an answer less than an hour later and then say there is no action here? My darlin’ how fast did you want that answer? πŸ˜€

mok
    Participant

Board jumper! πŸ˜€

Was referring to seeing stuff from last June on the first page. I now realize I was mistaken (or maybe I was just being Roman…when in Rome..etc..). My thanks for the welcome.

theFrey
    Participant

From last June? Oh, you mean on the forum listing? Hummm, well don’t forget that Sad’s has dozens of forums, instead of just one. Therefore the action takes place in many different locations and the OT stuff does not push the on topic stuff into the abyss as fast as happens in other places. The best place to go to see what is new and has posted recently is the home page.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    mok wrote:

Board jumper! πŸ˜€

Glad you took the opportunity to hop on board… Many of us are board jumpers, which is fine as long as we don’t jump ship. πŸ˜‰ Now jumping the sci-fi shark will usually lead to a walk down the plank (at least when it comes to sci-fi series). πŸ™‚

As theFrey says, we’re spread out and one can follow the new posts easily by looking at the home page. It’s a general sci-fi board, and this board is very well categorised/organised.

We have The Pub to discuss most anything that there aren’t other forums for, the various sci-fi/fantasy forums, the Angst Forum, Science Fact, General TV Sci-Fi stuff for those sci-fi shows (as well as movies and books) that don’t have specific forums (e.g. Blake’s 7 or whatever)…

After all my time here, there are still parts of the site I haven’t explored, and forums I haven’t posted in… Eventually I’ll get around to all of them… It’s a good layout for fans of sci-fi, and most of us are fans of various sci-fi shows, and participate in several forums pretty regularly… I’m all around the place.

mok
    Participant

Thanks for the guidance πŸ™‚

Seems pretty friendly around these parts.

Anonymous

Heya mok, welcome on-board.

theFrey
    Participant

Hey Mok, did you see the where Ms. W’s and hubby’s Resturant in Toronto is due to open in May? It is called Chehoski. I checked, but no web site yet.

I wonder if it will have bands, and if so will Ms. W play there much?

mok
    Participant

Heya: not sure how prolific she is. Probably she will perform quite a bit.

Anonymous

I’d love to see Ms. W and the other Lexx cast at conventions too, but unfortunately conventions just aren’t all that profitable for most of the “non-headlining” celebs. For example, a celeb may be offered an appearance fee of $2000, but they generally have to take care of their own travel, lodging and food expenses. Sometimes travel arrangements need to be made or changed at the last minute which usually costs a fortune. Anyone who went to DragonCon and stayed for 3 or 4 nights at the Marriott or Hyatt knows how expensive lodging can be.

I guess fans could always go to her restaurant in Toronto when it opens! πŸ™‚

iStan
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Hey Mok, did you see the where Ms. W’s and hubby’s Resturant in Toronto is due to open in May? It is called Chehoski. I checked, but no web site yet.

I wonder if it will have bands, and if so will Ms. W play there much?

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to drop in for dinner sometime soon. Maybe after seeing Urinetown.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.