No punishment for thieves

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with sci fi, but I am totally pi*sed off with what happened to me at the weekend and just wanted some views from other people.

I bought a new mountain bike 2 weeks ago which cost £400, and kept it in my house until last Thursday when I decided it should be locked up in my garage instead. So I wheeled it in and locked it to my wifes mountain bike (which was also new) using a strong bike chain. I then padlocked the door. Safe, or so I thought.
    On Saturday morning I walked out into my back garden and noticed that the gate was open. (I know it wasn’t the previous night cause I had shut and bolted it).
    I looked across at the garage and could see that the padlock was undone. Rushing to the garage I opened the door and yes you’ve guessed it, my shiny new bike was gone. I was livid. The slimy thief had used some bolt cutters on the padlock, and then proceeded to spend a considerable amount of time removing the bike lock. He then took my bike and actually closed the garage door and put the broken padlock back on, and probably laughed his stupid little head off while riding off on MY property.

I phoned the police and spent ten minutes giving then a description of my bike and what the thief had done.
    And do you know what they said?
    “It was probably kids and I doubt you will see your bike again”
    I went berserk at that comment and said “If you do catch the thief and it is a kid what punishment will he get”
    The reply “There is not a lot we can do, they are too young to proscecute”

So there you have it. If you are between 13 and 16 years old, just go out and break into other peoples homes and steal anything you like. Its alright, you WILL get away with it.
    Just dont come back to my house cause I’ll break your fu**ing legs you thieving bas**rd.

As you can probably guess, Im a bit angry at the moment.

Disclaimer:
    The author of this post does not give consent to anyone breaking into another persons property. The author was being sarcastic. However the part about breaking the scumbags legs will definately be carried out.

——————
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Replicant Roy Batty in Bladerunner.

[This message has been edited by dodgydaz (edited July 11, 2001).]

Anonymous

Oh great I think ill just go and do that, i need a new bike….

1 hour later….

Back…. Oh, i just read the disclaimer, how was I supposed to know you were only joking, what do I do now, ive got a stolen bike in my house and there are police outside.

Disclaimer – The Auther of this post has not really stolen anything in his life (except a few sweets off his WEAKER friends ( )) and was also being jokey and sarastic.

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

yeeow! 400 pounds for a bike? wow, i got mad when somebody tried to steal my little 70 dollar bike (the tires were flat, so they dumped it in the street outside the yard)…my lovable but worthless watch dog came and stuck his cold nose in my face as it was happening…so of course by the time i woke up and blundered downstairs the little misbegotten spawn were long gone…what was really aggravating was the two times they broke the window of my car for about a dollars worth of change in the ashtray! my sympathies,dodgy, and i applaud your desire to commit gross bodily damage on the miserable guttersnipes i will send you citrus fruit when you are in jail so you won’t get scurvy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    i will send you citrus fruit when you are in jail so you won’t get scurvy

Thanks for your kind offer FX, but I will not do time for any pondscum. I’d rather stamp out his worthless little existence and bury the remains under my patio.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dodgydaz:

Thanks for your kind offer FX, but I will not do time for any pondscum. I’d rather stamp out his worthless little existence and bury the remains under my patio.

don’t forget lots of lye…also, i suggest a rainy season when people are less likely to be outside to notice any odd smells …all seriousness aside, you have reminded me that i did promise myself to buy renter’s insurance the LAST time i was robbed…(not that i have anything left worth taking)…sorry about your bad times, dodgy, hope something nice happens to you soon to make up for it! fx

Anonymous

Been there! But it’s just stuff.As you go through live always remeber one thing.
    It rains on the just and the unjust, but more on the just cause the unjust just stold the just’s umbrella.”

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

sorry about your bad times, dodgy, hope something nice happens to you soon to make up for it! fx

I know it sounds corny but something nice happened to me when I met Debbie and married her 3 years later.
    In the end, as MONKEY said, its just stuff.
    Never mind, its nearly the weekend. Yipee. Party time.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dodgydaz:

Never mind, its nearly the weekend. Yipee. Party time.

That’s the spirit!

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey:
    Been there! But it’s just stuff.As you go through live always remeber one thing.
    It rains on the just and the unjust, but more on the just cause the unjust just stold the just’s umbrella.”

*snicker* okay monkey, you are officially a geezer, as well as an honorary blackcloud type! dodgy, you are a geezer too, for different reasons!…enjoy your weekends,mine is off to a good start with premiere of lexx s4 in only 14 hours! YIPPEEE, the martinis are a chillin’ later, fx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.