No server after 14th February

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff No server after 14th February

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s happened to us again! After a brief and stable period, the hosting company TLD Networks has decided to closedown:

this is an email to warn you that as of Februari 14th, Tld Networks will cease all hosting activities.

This decision has been sparked by the fact that after Februari I will most likely be without a stable internet connection for the better part of 9 months. ….. etc. I would rather terminate services and hope you all find new homes for your sites, rather that keep the server running without any maintenance or support.

It has been a pleasure providing you with hosting over the last months and I hope you can understand why I have taken this decision. Please feel free to ask for assistance in moving your site to a new home. If you are unable to find a new home, at least make a backup of all your files as they will be deleted on the 14th of Februari.

And so, I’m currently looking for a new host.

It’s VERY likely that I’ll find one in time but there will be a small amount of disruption when we shift databases to the new server. I’m sorry about this guys, hopefully you wont be inconvenienced too much.

pet
    Participant

Yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I almost went with that guy because it was such a great deal! I got talked into going with Ipower by a family member.

Good luck, I hope you find one quickly.

Pet

theFrey
    Participant

Awww, poor Tony. I sent a small donation to the sever fund to help with the transfer costs.

I find that if I use paypal directly and send it to the email of [email protected] I can donate in higher amounts than just the $3.00 button on the site. ;D That way you save the multiple hit on each donation.

Please let us know if there is something else we can do to help.

Fatguy
    Participant

SadGeezer…..I feel your pain. Constantly changing servers must feel like a never ending trip to the dentist…..

Maurice

Jhevz
    Participant

Ahhhhhhhh, that’s too bad, Sadgeezer,
    I’ll be at the Gally convention at that time, so may be you’ll be back by the 18th or so; I do hope you find a good server soon. I’ll also help out in anyway I can.

Sci-Fi Fan to Sci-Fi Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

DuLt
    Participant

THis is not spam, but, can i make some hosting advertizeing?because i know a host(currently down) thats pretty darn cool(almost has cool as bab5).

Anonymous
    DuLt wrote:

THis is not spam, but, can i make some hosting advertizeing?because i know a host(currently down) thats pretty darn cool(almost has cool as bab5).

Do you mean a suggestion for a host? Coz I’m still open to suggestions!!

I still haven’t found a new host yet, but hope to in the next couple of days.

DuLt
    Participant

http://www.olddh.com , please use one of the paid packages so it wont disappears

Anonymous
    DuLt wrote:

http://www.olddh.com , please use one of the paid packages so it wont disappears

๐Ÿ™‚ They don’t actually have a package that would be able to host sadgeezer.com. The biggest package that they havce is 3Gb storage and 30Gb Banwidth. Infortunately, although this site only takes up 1 Gb of storage, the current bandwidth ceiling is around 45Gb per month.

Thanks for the headsup though ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    DuLt wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ They don’t actually have a package that would be able to host sadgeezer.com. The biggest package that they havce is 3Gb storage and 30Gb Banwidth. Infortunately, although this site only takes up 1 Gb of storage, the current bandwidth ceiling is around 45Gb per month.

Anonymous
    DuLt wrote:

DuLt
    Participant

U should go to the forum and ask some extra bandwitch, paid packages are custumizable i think…

theFrey
    Participant

Any news on this Sad? Anything we can do to asisst?

Anonymous

Things are going ok. This will be the fourth change of service in 12 months ๐Ÿ™ so I’m trying to checkout the prospects more thoroughly first.

Down to two at the moment. As soon as I’ve chosen I’ll announce the date of the move and unfortunately I’ll have to close the SadBOARD while I shift over the databases. Once that’s done I’ll switch DNS (nowadays only a couple of hours) and hopefully service will resume as normal. This should all happen in the next 4 days.

I’ll keep you posted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.