Old News

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Dear All,

Over the last few days a misunderstanding between a number of people passionately interested in the welfare and happiness of fans wanting to visit the UNCON 2001 in Halifax has developed.

In the heat of discussion and debate and number of comments have been made which may seem (by some people), to be unhelpful or antagonistic. In most cases we are confident that such comments were made without malicious intent or any animosity whatsoever, but in the cold light of day, and long after the debate was concluded, some of us may find them confusing or even distressing.

Both the moderators of this Forum and representatives of Salter Street and the LEXX Fan Club NA have all indicated that all such misunderstandings have been resolved and expressed that things should move on in a way which would reflect the commitment to UNCON 2001 that we know all of them feel.

We have therefore taken the step of editing all comments that we personally feel would cause confusion or distress. The decision to do this was not taken lightly.

We apologise VERY MUCH to those of you who have suffered such ‘edits’ and we in no way suggest that your comments were not important or relevant at the time, but since the debate has now been resolved favourably, the comments in the messages are not now relevant.

Personally we have found the debate useful and we are encouraged that so many capable and passionate people are involved in organising the UNCON 2001. I’m sure we speak for everyone in wishing them all the success in their endeavours.

SadGeezer & NewKate

PS. It may take a little time to get through all the messages (that was one wild debate!)

I’ve taken a backup just in case anyone feels that I’ve been unfair with my edits – please email me if this is the case.

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 24, 2001).]

necro
    Participant

Thank you Sad. I think this is a most refreshing step forward.

Friday I was out of the loop due to a tradgedy out hear in the cold cruel world of reality.

I for one, appreciate you putting the past in the past so everyone may get on with the future and put their differences aside.

Necro

Anonymous

Sad, Solomon could’nt have done any better….I think you have made a wise and fair decision that benefits all and I’m behind you and NewKate 100%!!!!

Anonymous

Thank You Sad and New Kate. It certainly was lively. I look forward to reading the latest and getting myself organized for a jaunt to Lexx Land.

Anonymous

ooops, little server prob. Thank you times two..

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited February 25, 2001).]

Anonymous

Hey, it looks like these storm clouds blew over mighty fast. Pity things can’t be resolved so quickly and bloodlessly in RL. Maybe the UN should study the SadBoard, take some tips? Everyone acquitted themselves nicely. Makes ya proud to be associated with the Lexxverse, mighty proud. And, Sad, you’re a true ambassador of accord. Thanks much Sad and NewKate!

*******************BlackCloud****************

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya
    Thank you Sad, you are a sage of the finest order, teach me to be wise oh wondrous one
    ta ta
    Kaisother girl2 xx

dgrequeen
    Participant

I apologize sincerely for those comments of mine which were edited. They were indeed posted in the heat of the moment, and I regret them. I enjoy your site immensely and much appreciate the information you make available to us.

——————
    Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.