One more post before I have to leave – How many of you have

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff One more post before I have to leave – How many of you have

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Well, it’s 2:00 am, and I have an 11:30 final tomorrow, but I had to post one last message before I take my computer apart to bring it home for my Christmas break. I got the idea from Sadgeezer’s response to my message when he mentioned a convention experience. So, how many of you have been to a convention? I’ve only been to one because we don’t have many in West Virginia. It was a Star Trek convention, but the tickets were amazingly low priced because the guest was Wil Wheaton. This was right around the time that the show was in its last season. Wil was really cool. We were supposed to only give him one thing to autograph, but he autographed like 3 things for me. Then, after the convention, he went into the Town Center mall, and my sister and I stalked him from store to store. It was so exciting! But, then again, I was a bit younger at the time, and I thought that Wil was just the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well, it was a good experience, and I hope that if anyone else has been to conventions that yours was too!

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

I’ve only been to two, one this year (which was naff!) it was more like a badly organised sci fi memorabilia market, but there were a few of the Dr Who stars which was cool.

The best one I went to was the LEXX UnCon 1999. That was amazing! The LEXX show wasn’t as popular then and the convention was in Halifax in Nova Scotia, so I guess that there weren’t that many there. BUT, the stars were all great to us, The producer gave us all tee-shirts and there is nothing like sharing a bottle of whiskey (his whiskey) with of yer fave show actors. I don’t know anyone that didn’t like every second of that Con, but I also believe that it’s very rare.

Most cons I think, are full of scary people dressed as clingons

——————

Anonymous

i went to both of the wolf359 conventions in blackpool a couple of yrs back
    met all the cast of B5 got free signed photos
    in exchange for cigarettes..and all he said was “what do u want?”
    (yup i know corny as hell but u havta laugh at ed wasser)

Anonymous

I’ve been to a couple of them. The first was with John DeLancie and Johnathan Frakes. Frakes was just as nice as he could be. DeLancie was very interesting. The second was just last fall and had Babylon Five,(Claudia Christian, Robert Wortham, Stephan Furst). Lost in Space, Batman(the original series)Hercules, Xena(Aphrodite) and Star Trek( Nana Visitor, Alexander Siddig, Colm Meany and Terry Farrell and John DeLancie)Both were kinda the behind the ropes type, but still a lot of fun.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Nwmonikr, I am so jealous of you! I would just love to get to go to a convention with Alexander Siddig. I just think that he’s so good looking! And, I love his accent. I always wanted Bashir and Dax to get together, and at least they did on the season finale, but it still wasn’t the same without Terry Farrell. I would have liked to have seen John D. Lancie too. He seems like he’s so funny. I always thought that Q and Vash had a thing going.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous
    Inactive

What about Picard and Vash?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.