P4X

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Come to think of it, why isn’t there a P4X topic, yet? Was the episode that uninteresting to people?

P4X was pretty much covered during the chat last night, oh but you were not there …what a shame
    heeH

quote:

Now, back to the topic: In P4X we got a close-up look at the drones (although the asteroid seems to have disappeared), and can see that they are composed of approximately 20 cm long organic-looking conical bodies with a propulsion unit and at the wide end and four 30 cm long single-jointed arthropoid mechanical legs. I think at this point it’s safe to say we’re dealing with Insects, or one of their offshoots/technology users.

Do not forget the nasty penchant they have for entering humans through the rectal cavity.

Killer Anal Probing Carrots from Outer Space

antizero

[This message has been edited by antizero (edited July 28, 2001).]

Anonymous

Is it just me or was that girl on Lexx before?

——————
    “What a waste!”-Xev Bellringer

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t know her name, but she played an even weirder character in the episode Twilight.

Does anybody else think she looks like Winona Ryder? I mean, I know it’s not her, but…

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Her names Lomia and she plays a character of the same name. Apparently the people of Fire came here to continue their evil ways.

Anonymous

What?! You mean there are still people, that although they’ve been outright told and AND it’s been blatantly obvious now.. that they still think those CARROTS are some sort of insect?

This has nothing to do with insects or HDS or Mantrid or Prince.. it’s a totally separate threat.

But this is DalekTek where talking about here

I can kinda see the Wynona Ryder thing though, especially comparing to her in Beatlejuice.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    What?! You mean there are still people, that although they’ve been outright told and AND it’s been blatantly obvious now.. that they still think those CARROTS are some sort of insect?

I withheld judgment on the nature of the drones until P4X showed that they were insectoids with organic and cybernetic components. The creators have made it very clear that there is a connection.

By the way, was that kid Brandon McCarvell?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

By the way, was that kid Brandon McCarvell?

I do not know who Brandon McCarvell is, but I thought he looked (and acted) alot like that kid from the Twilight Zone movie (the kid with the mind over matter power) but I would think that that kid would be much older than that now {{shrug}}.

There was also some speculation that he was Norb, although I think that was pretty much dismissed.

Someone said that it was Duke reincarnated, that might have explained why the kid was so mean.

antiZero

Anonymous

I think Digby is played Ryan Cooley, DT790. I mean they’ve listed him in opening credits every ep, just didn’t know who “Digby” was until this Friday. I’m recording it tonite I’ll check again.

I thought it was Norb, but alas I was wrong. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Which is highly unusual I assure you

Anonymous

I forgot to remember to mention this earlier, but what was the deal with the Xev shower scene. I mean not only is Xev now a imbecilic bimbo but she has gained a sense of modesty? I could understand if the scene was ‘cut for different markets’, but I think we are seeing the effect of the control that american Sci-Fi has on the series …the control that was supposedly not supposed to occur.

I could be completly off here, but that was my intial reaction.

antiZero

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by antizero:
    what was the deal with the Xev shower scene. I mean not only is Xev now a imbecilic bimbo but she has gained a sense of modesty?

I could be completly off here, but that was my intial reaction.

antiZero

.[/B]

hey az, good to see you again, as you guys know i am in the middle of moving from new york to florida, so my attendance will be spotty at the board until things are all hooked up…anyway, i thought they showed a lot of xev, i figured her hands over her breasts were some weird seductive pseudo coy thing, that also save the beans from blurring her breasts altogether …my question is why she didnt just turn into a cluster lizard when they locked her up in solitary, or does she only do that when in danger? she seemed more curious to see what was going to happen next,( making it convenient for not ending the show too quickly )…almost paid off for her with the rob lowe/donny osmond missionary! darn that kai anyway, anyway, i agree she is much more bimbo like than even zev ever was (i mention zev because of the discussion that she was more naive and younger than xev as far as characters) oh well, kai seems to be showing a lot more expression, and the girl alien hunter seems to be falling for him to, did you see her expression while kai was wheedling 790 into looking for xev? i wonder if the girl will be involved in the kai cult we have heard about? talk to you guys later, if i survive this move, and dont forget, ellen dubin will be on this friday in a small role, with much bigger developments occurring later in the season!

Anonymous

hello.
    while I have yet to see any of the new season ( I am Canadian ) I did see on the vidcaps delightful pictures of the character Lomea who I just loved in Twilight. What mischief does she get up to in P4X? where can i find out more about her?

Anonymous

quote:

I withheld judgment on the nature of the drones until P4X showed that they were insectoids with organic and cybernetic components. The creators have made it very clear that there is a connection.

“P4X” did not show that they were insectoids. It showed that they were orange conical thingamabobs (uncannily resembling carrots) with cybernetic leg-like devices. The creators have not made it clear at all that there is a connection between these things and insects. They *have*, however, named a future episode “Bad Carrot,” which is a pretty good clue about what these things are (and, since you were mentioning LEXX references, an alien carrot wreaking havoc is a reference to a DC humor comic from the early 1970’s called AAAARGH!, which had a killer carrot as the villain in a parody of the Howard Hawks original film of The Thing From Another World, not to mention the post-credits joke in the film Attack of the Killer Tomatoes).

–Aleck

Anonymous

The missionary – wasn’t he Brock from Gametown? I wonder if his Snugga Wuzza looks like Bunny?

Do NOT bend over to get a closer look at that funny-looking carrot!

——————
    – Aurora

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    hey az, good to see you again,

Thanks for the warm welcome
    It is nice to be able to come into an online community and not be faced with the ‘snobery’ that is so rampant amoung boards, usenets, etc.

quote:

as you guys know i am in the middle of moving from new york to florida,

yaY! Another Florexxian.
    What part of Florida are you moving to?

quote:

…anyway, i thought they showed a lot of xev, i figured her hands over her breasts were some weird seductive pseudo coy thing, that also save the beans from blurring her breasts altogether

That was/is kind of my point, why would the beans [now] be concerned about showing or not showing breasts if it were not for some ‘pressure’ from american sci-fi to ‘keep it clean’? Just speculation on my part. {{shrug}}

quote:

…my question is why she didnt just turn into a cluster lizard when they locked her up in solitary, or does she only do that when in danger?

I had wondered about that as well, maybe her ‘spidey senses’ are off line or something.

quote:

anyway, i agree she is much more bimbo like than even zev ever was (i mention zev because of the discussion that she was more naive and younger than xev as far as characters) oh well,

Good, I am glad that I am not the only one that sees that.

antiZero

Anonymous

quote:

That was/is kind of my point, why would the beans [now] be concerned about showing or not showing breasts if it were not for some ‘pressure’ from american sci-fi to ‘keep it clean’? Just speculation on my part. {{shrug}}

If I remember correctly, Xenia had said in an interview a while back that she didn’t want to do full-on nudity; a little nudity hinted at was fine, but not complete frontal nudity. That’s why you don’t see her facing frontways in the shower scenes in “The Web/The Net,” and she’s covered in goo in “Lyekka.” I haven’t seen any uncut Season 3 eps yet, but I assume it’s the same there. I should also add that I haven’t seen any of her other film or TV work as well.

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

I do not know who Brandon McCarvell is, but I thought he looked (and acted) alot like that kid from the Twilight Zone movie (the kid with the mind over matter power) but I would think that that kid would be much older than that now {{shrug}}.

Brandon McCarvell played Norb Gollean in the episodes White Trash and Norb. It’s not him, though.

——————

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    I haven’t seen any uncut Season 3 eps yet, but I assume it’s the same there. I should also add that I haven’t seen any of her other film or TV work as well.
    –Aleck

I did see the uncut Season 3 eps Aleck, and while I admit that I don’t pay as much attention to Xev as the guys do, I don’t recall anything but teasers.

——————
    thefrey
    Creator of the Kai Klone Doll and the Kai Kaption Screensavers http://members.home.net/thefrey/%5B/url%5D

Anonymous

Is it just me or is the space cult chick eerily familiar looking?

I KNOW I’ve seen her somewhere else before. It’s those damn eyebrows… I just wish I could remember where I’ve seen her.

Is Digby the kid? I missed the very beginning having been at work when it started. I’ve been confused as to who exactly Digby is throughout.

I also noticed the lack of cluster lizard transformation and somewhat dopey attitude of Xev. It’s kind of hard to believe she could go from being so cool to being so airheadish… I’m wondering if her brains were addled on the way down or something.

I just wish we’d gotten more Craig Charles… it was cool to see him in non-Lister mode. I can’t wait to see Ellen Dubin again. I think she’s amazing and in some ways she’s become my favorite character. Or at least, my favorite guest star (with the exception of Craig Charles, who I adore).

On one last note, the killer carrots are hilarious… too funny.

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

The missionary was the guy from Gametown. He looks better after a year or more of not seeing him. As for Xev, there was no full frontal of her in season 3 either. It’s true,
    she doesn’t care to do full nudity. In a movie, later on down the road, who knows. Personally, I find the suggestion of nudity much more sensual than letting it all hang out. Some of the sexiest love scenes I’ve seen on tv and in film had very little full exposure. One example that comes to mind was in Terminator when Sara and Kyle(?) get together in the motel room. Most of the people from Fire will be showing up in s4 so I guess you could call it a continuation of 3 with a bit more humor tossed in. Give Xev a break, she is after all, first and foremost a Love Slave.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    If I remember correctly, Xenia had said in an interview a while back that she didn’t want to do full-on nudity; a little nudity hinted at was fine, but not complete frontal nudity. That’s why you don’t see her facing frontways in the shower scenes in “The Web/The Net,” and she’s covered in goo in “Lyekka.”
    –Aleck

Thanks for the information, I did not know that. I just like to look for conspiracy under every rock.
    heH

antiZero

Anonymous

Alright.

Time to clear some of this Zev nonsense up right now.

She changed into a clusterlizard.. ONCE!! I assume it was done because her DNA was messed around with by Dr. Kazaan. I know she was able to almost change back but she was still kinda looked like gooey caramel Zev after she took Kai’s place. Since it’s never happened again since those Xtreme circumstances and her rebirth, we can’t assume she posseses the power to transform back and forth.

Zev is a slut. I will have to post in more detail I suppose. Consider if you will, how many chances Zev had a chance to slut herself out before dieing in Terminal. Maybe one chance in IWHS, but Thodin went and got himself killled. Zev didn’t meet any other men in Supernova. I don’t think she would have done any of the guys in Eating Pattern, but she got knocked unconscious and captured before really seeing anyone and she even flirted with Bog in an attempt to free herself. But still I don’t think there were many candidates there. The only other man she met in Giga Shadow was Yottskry, who was coincidentily already the re-animated dead like Kai, when she met him. Not that Zev would have had time to bonk him anyways or that she woulda.

Onto the series. Who thinX she woulda bonked Igor if given the chance? Or Mantrid for that matter. So the first episode she really gets a chance and sees a guy she likes is in “Terminal”, maybe my most favorite ep btw. Unfortunately for her, Dr. Kazaan is more interested in stealing the key to the LEXX than he is getting into her panties. No one remembers Zev asking the good doctor, “Can’t we just have sex?” What?! That’s not slutty or betraying her “true” love Kai?

Need I mention, that had Eva not left.. that would have been Zev in Luvliner and Nook and all those other episodes where Xev “slutted” out.

I like Zev, not as much as Xev obviously. But I think some people have a really askewed and biased view of Zev. Then again.. I did not see the movies first and get hooked on Zev (Eva) only to see her go and be replaced by someone completely different and alien to me. But you people are too harsh on Xev sometimes, really.

Btw, Terminal isn’t my favorite because Zev dies. I just thought it was really great satire, some nice action bits with cluster lizard Zev. Zev saved Stan and Kai for a change instead of Kai doing all the rescuing. The end was very emotional, one of the best moments on LEXX. I love the way Brian Downey plays out that scene when he gets the key back.

DalekTek790
    Participant

I sincerely doubt Zev and Kai will ever end up together. Zev is attracted to Kai because she’s attracted to every man, and Kai would never love Zev, even if he were alive.

——————

Anonymous

I thought it was Duke at first also, but he wouldn’t have been killed so easily. I’m hoping he shows up though. And Queen (maybe heading some UN commission and having to deal with all the delegates :-)).

This has been a great season so far. I hope they continue to pull it off and close a few threads in a satisfactory way. Like some more depth to Prince’s origin for one. And maybe how the trillions of people from the light universe can wind up on earth, if there was an earth before fire and water blew up, etc…

quote:

There was also some speculation that he was Norb, although I think that was pretty much dismissed.

Someone said that it was Duke reincarnated, that might have explained why the kid was so mean.

antiZero

Anonymous

X; Xev turned into a cluster lizard in season three (I think it was May) to keep Stan from blowing up water.

DalekTek790;Xev is in love with Kai. But she deals with the fact that he’s dead. She’s a survivor.

In my opinion,people make too much of the difference between Xev and Zev. Xev is Zev, only evolved.

Nobody else seems to have noticed, but in P4X they act like Xev is illitarete. But in Supernova theres a flashback of her learning to read. Is this just bad screenwriting?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    X; Xev turned into a cluster lizard in season three (I think it was May) to keep Stan from blowing up water.

She didn’t turn into a Cluster Lizard, she just rolled like one. She did it in Gondola, too. Cluster Lizards bite their tail and roll in a fashion inspired by the hoopsnake of folklore (or the Ouroboros of Greek myth or Jörmungand the MiðgarðsormR of Norse myth, okay, I’m way off topic…). They are propelled by caterpillar-esque pseudopods on their ventral surface. Zev, on the other hand, rolls on her dorsal surface which is just lousy continuity.

quote:

DalekTek790;Xev is in love with Kai. But she deals with the fact that he’s dead. She’s a survivor.

I never said she wasn’t, all I said was Zev and Kai won’t get together.

quote:

Nobody else seems to have noticed, but in P4X they act like Xev is illitarete. But in Supernova theres a flashback of her learning to read. Is this just bad screenwriting?

I figure the B3K use a different alphabet. And someone did bring that up before.

I hope I have been enlightening.

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited August 02, 2001).]

lizard
    Participant

I am not sure why everyone thinks Xev is such a slut/bimbo now…sure she seems a bit more agressive—but she is part cluster lizard!C’mon guys, one might think that you feel threatened by her rapacious ways. No one ever calls Stanley a bimbo!

There is already plenty of coy behavior on the show (from Kai!)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by lizard:
    I am not sure why everyone thinks Xev is such a slut/bimbo now…sure she seems a bit more agressive—but she is part cluster lizard!

I don’t think it’s that anyone is threatened by her agressiveness, it’s just that she seems a lot more naive this season, and more prone to making really *stupid* decisions. She’s not as kick-ass as in Season 3, or as forthright in her inquisitiveness as in Season 2. It’s like after all the crap they went through in the last season, she just said, “okay, brain off, time to have some fun.”
    Not that there’s anything particularly wrong with that, it just seems out-of-character for her.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Slut does not equal bimbo.

Aleck; My thoughts exactly. Although it’s too early to say for sure, Xev seems out of character (naive, needing to be rescued,etc)

Is Lexx going mainstream?

Anonymous

There have been many situations Xev has been unable to get out of by herself. How about Lafftrak, Woz, Tunnels, Battle (first half), Luvliner etc.? She needed help in all cases so the situation in 4.03 was not unique. Besides, now most mainstream action female characters like Buffy and Xena kill 10 or 15 people an episode so Lexx doesn’t seem in danger of becoming mainstream to me.

I would argue that in Season 3, Xev was out of character with her Season 2 portrayal but it was understandable because of the 4000 year cryosleep and her love and loss of Prince at the beginning. Now, at least to me it’s conceivable that she would be naïve and eager having never seen a place like earth, still being a loveslave, and unlike Stan, not getting any on Fire or Water. She knows there are bad people out there from her experiences over the past two seasons, but as far as she knows her main enemy Prince is gone, she’s free from the grip of Hell/Fire and she’s ready to explore and get down. At least for a while, her lack of wariness can be used for comedic effect like the satire of redneck macho male culture in 4.02 and the spoof of B-grade women in prison films in 4.03, which I guess either worked for you or didn’t. This might be a lame explanation but I’m sticking to it.

By the way, Lexx has always suffered (or benefited) from lack of character continuity between seasons. I feel that all three characters changed significantly between the movies and Season 2, Stan and Xev between Seasons 2 and 3, and maybe all three again now. It could be the time gap between seasons, a change in tone and direction by the writers and actors, or outside influence but it’s always been noticeable.

Anonymous

Xev has an Xellerated libido.

And we all know how gooffy all these girls get around Kai. One of the people I know from SciFi.com got so hystrical about meeting Brian Downey in person that she ran off to the bathroom and started crying at the UnCon. And this was Brian Downey folX!!!

And believe me.. women do tend to act stupid **** around guys they have the hots for. Doesn’t mean they are any less intelligent or are acting out fo character, it’s just a thing.

Also, Aleck.. don’t know how long you have been a LEXX fan.. but there has always been this view that:

Zev is not a slut and loves only Kai and would never sleep with anyone else and that Xev doesn’t love Kai as much because she’s so anXious to sleep with other guys and did in fact lose her virginity in Nook.

I digress:

Again I remind people that Zev didn’t really meet any guys in the movies and the first guy she really met that she had the hots for was Dr. Kazaan in Terminal. “Why can’t we just have seX?” she asks him. Also I remind everyone that Eva’s Zev would have been the one in Luvliner and Love Grows and Nook if she hadn’t moved on to other things.

But love both women, people

——————
    “The best defense is a strong offense.. and I intend to start offending right now.”
    -James T. Kirk

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    Also, Aleck.. don’t know how long you have been a LEXX fan..

Been a fan since I first saw a pre-release VHS copy of IWHS back in 96-97.

quote:

but there has always been this view that:

Zev is not a slut and loves only Kai and would never sleep with anyone else and that Xev doesn’t love Kai as much because she’s so anXious to sleep with other guys and did in fact lose her virginity in Nook.

(snipped)

Also I remind everyone that Eva’s Zev would have been the one in Luvliner and Love Grows and Nook if she hadn’t moved on to other things.

But love both women, people

Amen to that. For the record, I wasn’t referring to anyone’s point about Zev being less “slutty” than Xev, but that Xev is letting her libido overrule her intellect big time so far this season. Which, like I said, isn’t a bad thing, but doesn’t seem to be in her character. She’s been around guys before that have been *much* more appealing than the guys in “Texx Lexx,” but she’s never been this ga-ga. It’s comparable to the situation with the guys in “White Trash.” She did the Dumb Thing by going down to Vermil, but she was still acting with some caution. In “Texx Lexx,” she just blindly walks into danger and allows bad things to happen. As for her situation with Kai, I think she summed up her feelings about this very well in this season. That she’s probably still in love with him, but she’s got to try to move on.

–Aleck

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.