Panic on the bridge

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Panic on the bridge

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mamabear
    Participant

Regarding the announcement that the dismantling of the bridge set means there will be no more LEXX: I spank you all thoroughly. Have we forgotten the Lexx is organic? And what do organic things do? They grow! Sometimes, they outgrow the sets they’ve been living in for four thousand years. That’s right, folks, the set is being dismantled because it’s too damn small! No excuse me whilst I ring up that Electropolis guy and give him a solid Mamabear tongue-lashing. Lotsa love, M.

——————
    Unless I said it, it’s a boldfaced lie.

DalekTek790
    Participant

The bridge changes frequently throughout the existing episodes. There’s an explanation in “The Web.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

The bridge changes frequently throughout the existing episodes. There’s an explanation in “The Web.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

MAMABEAR!!! Well,
    as they say, Mama knows best. I humbly submit my nether regions for spankage. But,…uh, since it’s good to lead through example…Sad goes first! Bare ’em! Let the spankings commence!

I can’t believe I forgot Lexx’ growth spurts. Must’ve been all that holiday “cheer.”

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Anonymous

MAMABEAR!!! Well,
    as they say, Mama knows best. I humbly submit my nether regions for spankage. But,…uh, since it’s good to lead through example…Sad goes first! Bare ’em! Let the spankings commence!

I can’t believe I forgot Lexx’ growth spurts. Must’ve been all that holiday “cheer.”

——————

Anonymous

whatever it is these fine folks in halifax are drinking, i want some…umm, can i just watch the spankings? now that the maison de sade has closed here in the rotten apple i have had to hang up my leather thigh boots…and i’m not sure i can get them back on

Anonymous

whatever it is these fine folks in halifax are drinking, i want some…umm, can i just watch the spankings? now that the maison de sade has closed here in the rotten apple i have had to hang up my leather thigh boots…and i’m not sure i can get them back on

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mamabear! LTNS!!
    *Cat huggles a bit*

That is great news Does this mean that there will be more seasons after the 4th, or are other plans afoot?

If you could keep in touch with us about official Lexx news that would be great

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mamabear! LTNS!!
    *Cat huggles a bit*

That is great news Does this mean that there will be more seasons after the 4th, or are other plans afoot?

If you could keep in touch with us about official Lexx news that would be great

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve contacted Mamabear for further clarification of this issue and received a very swift response for which I am grateful:

quote:

As you know, we are about to start shooting a cycle of 24 episodes. In a normal TV season, there are 13, so that’s almost two seasons’ worth. We won’t have this cycle finished until spring 2002 — an impossibly distant future. Whether there will be more Lexx after that depends on many factors, including ratings, network support, finances, international sales, cast and crew availability, the lay of the chicken guts, and other misty augers… In other words, we’ll see! We’d certainly like to keep going — more seasons, maybe a spinoff or two, maybe even make a movie one day…But rest assured the tearing down of the bridge set has nothing at all to do with anything other than we need a new set to suit the growing bug (and various secret plot twists).

If fan support were the only decisive factor, we’d be making Lexx into the next millennium. And we’re all incredibly gratified by it. We’re heading into weird new territory for season 4, and we hope you’ll dig it.

[edited for formatting]

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 01-03-2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve contacted Mamabear for further clarification of this issue and received a very swift response for which I am grateful:

quote:

As you know, we are about to start shooting a cycle of 24 episodes. In a normal TV season, there are 13, so that’s almost two seasons’ worth. We won’t have this cycle finished until spring 2002 — an impossibly distant future. Whether there will be more Lexx after that depends on many factors, including ratings, network support, finances, international sales, cast and crew availability, the lay of the chicken guts, and other misty augers… In other words, we’ll see! We’d certainly like to keep going — more seasons, maybe a spinoff or two, maybe even make a movie one day…But rest assured the tearing down of the bridge set has nothing at all to do with anything other than we need a new set to suit the growing bug (and various secret plot twists).

If fan support were the only decisive factor, we’d be making Lexx into the next millennium. And we’re all incredibly gratified by it. We’re heading into weird new territory for season 4, and we hope you’ll dig it.

[edited for formatting]

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 01-03-2001).]

Anonymous

Whoo-Hoo! Diggin’ it already! Thank you Cat and MamaBear! Cat and MamaBear…I feel there should be porridge in there, somewhere.
    Now all we have to do is weather a strike or two along the way.

——————

Anonymous

Whoo-Hoo! Diggin’ it already! Thank you Cat and MamaBear! Cat and MamaBear…I feel there should be porridge in there, somewhere.
    Now all we have to do is weather a strike or two along the way.

——————

Anonymous

No!!!

Mamabear…

lash me… lash meeee

——————

Anonymous

No!!!

Mamabear…

lash me… lash meeee

——————

verti
    Participant

eek!

will a complimentary *grope* be included?

verti
    Participant

eek!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by verti:
    eek!

Hi, Verti! Hmm, gropings, lashings and spankings…sounds like auditions for season four’s tentative eppy, “The Revenge of Feppo and Smoor.”

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by verti:
    eek!

Hi, Verti! Hmm, gropings, lashings and spankings…sounds like auditions for season four’s tentative eppy, “The Revenge of Feppo and Smoor.”

——————

crusader
    Participant

Has anybody herd about the earth rumor?

That the story in series 4 are that the LEXX crue are on earth?

It sound strange!

crusader
    Participant

Has anybody herd about the earth rumor?

That the story in series 4 are that the LEXX crue are on earth?

It sound strange!

Anonymous

There are quite a few rumours about the Earth thing. I haven’t heard anything absolutely final and definite though, and until one of the beans spouts it, I wouldn’t believe it.

——————

Anonymous

There are quite a few rumours about the Earth thing. I haven’t heard anything absolutely final and definite though, and until one of the beans spouts it, I wouldn’t believe it.

——————

Anonymous

Glad that’s cleared up….

BuggyXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous

Glad that’s cleared up….

BuggyXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous

Buggy! love your episode reviews thanks for joining our little party! p.s. what the hey is a ‘burned cottage loaf’? and what does the big wazoo think about lexx! love, fx

Anonymous

Buggy! love your episode reviews thanks for joining our little party! p.s. what the hey is a ‘burned cottage loaf’? and what does the big wazoo think about lexx! love, fx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, I’ve posted what is known about series 4 and the earth connection, but to save spoiling those that don’t want to know, I’ve made a seperate topic here

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 01-06-2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, I’ve posted what is known about series 4 and the earth connection, but to save spoiling those that don’t want to know, I’ve made a seperate topic here

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 01-06-2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Bugbomb:
    Glad that’s cleared up….

BuggyXXXXXXXXXXXX

Same here. And I didn’t even know I was worried untill a few minutes ago!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Bugbomb:
    Glad that’s cleared up….

BuggyXXXXXXXXXXXX

Same here. And I didn’t even know I was worried untill a few minutes ago!

crusader
    Participant

lol

Then you missed the days of sadnes and sleples nights!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

lol

Then you missed the days of sadnes and sleples nights!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Lexxmike
    Participant

Thank god. I was worried about that cancellation post! I can’t wait to see the new Lexx bridge!

Lexxmike
    Participant

Thank god. I was worried about that cancellation post! I can’t wait to see the new Lexx bridge!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike, note that all we know is that the old bridge is being dismantled after filming, and it is being dismantled to make way for a new, larger bridge. However, I don’t know whether the change will happen during series 4, or after. I would bet on the latter, it doesn’t make sense to change it during a series, for monetary and time issues if nothing else, so we will only get to see the new bridge in series 5. But here’s the clincher.. it is by no means certain that there will be a fifth series, or indeed anything after series 4 at all. It depends on funding, which depends on demand, which at the moment depends on the Sci-Fi channel in the US, so don’t give up hounding them, the series 4 triumph is not the final victory.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike, note that all we know is that the old bridge is being dismantled after filming, and it is being dismantled to make way for a new, larger bridge. However, I don’t know whether the change will happen during series 4, or after. I would bet on the latter, it doesn’t make sense to change it during a series, for monetary and time issues if nothing else, so we will only get to see the new bridge in series 5. But here’s the clincher.. it is by no means certain that there will be a fifth series, or indeed anything after series 4 at all. It depends on funding, which depends on demand, which at the moment depends on the Sci-Fi channel in the US, so don’t give up hounding them, the series 4 triumph is not the final victory.

crusader
    Participant

But remember that they have anounsed that LEXX (the ship) will go thruwe a big change in series 4!!!
    Its quite posible that the new bridge is fore series 4!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

But remember that they have anounsed that LEXX (the ship) will go thruwe a big change in series 4!!!
    Its quite posible that the new bridge is fore series 4!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous
    Inactive

Crusader, Kal’s email said that they were dismantling the bridge set after filming.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Crusader, Kal’s email said that they were dismantling the bridge set after filming.

crusader
    Participant

After filming the “bridge” scens!!! That dosent meen when they are finnished filming the HOLE series!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

After filming the “bridge” scens!!! That dosent meen when they are finnished filming the HOLE series!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure it makes sense to build a new bridge set in the middle of a busy filming shedule, we’ll just have to see.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure it makes sense to build a new bridge set in the middle of a busy filming shedule, we’ll just have to see.

Anonymous

Old bridge or new, I just hope I get to see, photograph, or stand on one! IhopeIhopeIhopeIhope!

——————

Anonymous

Old bridge or new, I just hope I get to see, photograph, or stand on one! IhopeIhopeIhopeIhope!

——————

The Romulans
    Participant

Hmm… more seasons? what about the ‘grand scheme’… I dont want to see some lame spin offs? The circle of time… complete the circle I say.

I dont know, I guess we’ll see what happens. Is 24 episodes enough for all the great ideas, to wrap up episodes that seemed fairly devoid of meaning or as if there was something else happening (White Trash) and to answer the many many questions we have about Lexx? I can see a season five… but I hope it doesn’t go ‘on and on’ and get boring.

btw what happened to Jeffery Hirshfield (is that his name?), I hope hes back for season 4.

The Romulans
    Participant

Hmm… more seasons? what about the ‘grand scheme’… I dont want to see some lame spin offs? The circle of time… complete the circle I say.

I dont know, I guess we’ll see what happens. Is 24 episodes enough for all the great ideas, to wrap up episodes that seemed fairly devoid of meaning or as if there was something else happening (White Trash) and to answer the many many questions we have about Lexx? I can see a season five… but I hope it doesn’t go ‘on and on’ and get boring.

btw what happened to Jeffery Hirshfield (is that his name?), I hope hes back for season 4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeff is supposedly back on the writing team for series 4, he.. had some sort of argument with Paul before series 3 so was booted off the team and relegated to just performing 790.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.