patent pending

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

ok, it’s a new topic as far as i’m concerned…. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    we’ve all seen those catalogues that fall out of your newspaper or magazine, advertising all sorts of stuff that you really can’t do without- like portable urinals, cheese safes, and those little gadgets for getting wax out of your ears (!!) ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜• …..all a load of rubbish, really…..why can’t these people actually invent/sell something useful?? so i thought, why don’t we come up with a list of items that inventors really ought to invent? our very own ‘sadgeezer’s easy living catalogue’? your item needn’t be sci-fi orientated, nor need it be sensible- it’s just got to be ‘useful’ to your fellow sci-fi fans (or even other human beings, or even other races if you prefer!), for any reason whatsoever. ordinary, everyday, spectacular, serious, comedic-you can ‘invent’ it!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    (must admit, haven’t thought of anything myself yet….)get your thinking caps on!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

YOWAYYO
    Participant

The funny thing is that I’ve been thinking about this every now and then for the past couple of weeks. But anyway, my invention has the commuting ‘geezer in mind, like me. You see, I live out in the ‘burbs and my office is about 30 miles away in a very busy part of town. But I knew what I was getting into when I bought a house out there but…if I had the knowledge, I would build some sort of vehicle that could cruise above all the traffic, maybe around 150 – 200 mph max and a ceiling of around 100 feet. Don’t have the specifics but I just need to be able to go over/ under power lines and bridges and what not. I was originally thinking something along the lines of Darth Maul’s speeder in “The Phantom Menace” but it would need to be a little more functional- maybe a two seater, good trunk space, beverage-holder, bitchin’ sound system, etc. It would be “the Hizzi”, as today’s youths would say. Damn…if I could do it all over again, I would have been an engineer 8) . I don’t think anything like that will be possible anytime soon but dare to dream…

theFrey
    Participant

I just got back from a long trip, and yet again I wish the remote control cars were in use. I understand that this idea got de-railed (so to speak) when the expense of installing all the control track along the sides of every road was fully understood.

But, I don’t understand why they could not do something now using GPS and accident avoidence cameras in the individual cars? even if only on use for major highways. I would love to punch in Memphis to Nashville and then kick back and snooze or watch TV for the next few hours. Car alerts me that Nashville is ahead, I signal take over and then point the freaking thing towards Louisville and repeat. Should it not be able to wake me, it could pop me off in a deginated parking area at the exchange.

Since the car was being controlled, it would not speed so traffic would be safer without bored ol’ me trying to get ahead of this truck or that car.

7th_Dizbuster
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

I just got back from a long trip, and yet again I wish the remote control cars were in use. I understand that this idea got de-railed (so to speak) when the expense of installing all the control track along the sides of every road was fully understood.

They are half way there with the new Citroen C5. Ok, it’s not self correcting but if you cross a lane marker above a certian speed without indicating the seat vibrates the apropriate butt cheek to alert you. The system looks for white lines that exists on all European motorways on the left, right and centre. Of course: no line = big bang.

Now if they could only ………

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.