Patty Z and DragonCon 2006

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Patty Z and DragonCon 2006

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Believe it or not, it is now time to kick it into gear for Dragon*Con 2006.

As she has previously expressed an interest in doing DC again, I have been emailing back and forth with the divine Patricia Zentilli. The upshot being that Ms. Z has agreed to come to DC2006 if we can help her out with her very modest travel expenses.

This could be a win-win situation for all of us. We get to hang with
    Ms. Z, who has always been very fan freindly and she will be able
    make a few bucks on autographs and…. hopefully see a bit of Atlanta this time. ;D

So if would like to be a good Lexx Angel, please go to http://www.thefrey.com/UsCon.htm
    Who knows…. we nail this down quickly, we might have time to go
    after other cast members.

theFrey
    Participant

Well we are off to an Lexxcellent start. So far we have $200.00 from auctioning off Volume 1 and 2 of Valdron’s Lexx book, and we have $200.00 from donations from Mike_L and FX. ๐Ÿ˜€ Yeah us!

If anyone has any ideas about fund raising, do let me know. Lexxish donations to be auctioned off are of course always welcome.

Designs for this years t-shirts and such would also be appreciated. Perhaps a Bunny-centric characture? ๐Ÿ™‚

Where are we at?

Well we have our fan table in the Marquis Lobby assigned to us.

With just a bit more on the donation side, I will be able to start working on a table in the dealers room. Ms. Z has expressed a wish to sell a few autographs and things and it might also be interesting for some of our more creative members to display their stuff when not being used by the cast or fanclub. (Pet where are you!) This has to be done pretty soon, these tables do sell out quickly.

Ellen Dubin has expressed an interest in DC2006 so I am looking for addresses and emails of the proper people to bug from her new show the Collector.

Oh and I found out that the Marriott rates are currently $119.00 (which is $30.00 BELOW what the normal convention rate is) so you may want to look in to booking early. While still not as cheap as the surrounding $80.00 hotels, when you factor in convenience of not shelping your gear with you all day and the expenses of daily communting or parking this becomes very doable.

Anyhooooooo, any ideas are welcome.

Jhevz
    Participant

That’s great Frey,
    I’ll definitely be there & would love to talk to Patty again; I’d also like to meet Ellen Dubin, among others. & we go the table to boot; we’re almost set.
    I’ll definitely put my 2 cents in as soon as I can; it’s been awhile since I went to you site. I may even re-sign up to add myself to you Atlanta, GA/DC 2006 list.
    Thanks for the great news & I’ll do anything to help out; I may even have some ideas for our table.

Your Friend,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

pet
    Participant

Ah, thanks for the creative title, Frey, but I think it’s best I stay as far away from Lexx as possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jhevz
    Participant
    pet wrote:

Ah, thanks for the creative title, Frey, but I think it’s best I stay as far away from Lexx as possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

Aw, that’s too bad, Pet,
    But may be you can visit the booth, if you go to next yr’s Dragon*Con; hopefully we’ll see you there & you can drop by to say hi or something.

Happy Fall & November,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

No Bunny in DC! – Patricia Zentilli wanted to come to DC 2006. Sadly for us, she has to work during DragonCon. Good for her, bad for us. When she bowed out, Ms. Dubin had also expressed an interest, but was unable to attend. So no Lexx Cast at DC this year. ๐Ÿ™

Ah well. thanks to everyone that pledged their help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.