Paul Winfield (1941-2004)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Legendary actor Paul Winfield passed away last night of a heart attack, he was 62.

CNN link

Along the road in his legendary career, Mr. Winfield was a regular sight for any Science Fiction fan, playing roles in the original Star Trek movies, ST: TNG, and an extraordinary guest spot on Babylon 5 as Dr. Franklins father.

This ‘Geezer will surely miss his many talents.

Anonymous

I remember his part in Babylon 5 – He was pretty good.

Shame, He’ll be missed

nursewhen
    Participant

Aw hell, 62’s no age ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous
    Inactive

I liked him in The Terminator… Very good actor all around. Sad indeed. ๐Ÿ™

sgtdraino
    Participant

I liked his small role on Star Trek II as Captain Clark Terrell, the ill-fated commander of the USS Reliant.

Anonymous

I have a feeling the guy was a patron of Sci-Fi. He never had any trouble gaining serious roles in any media[/url] (stage, tv, films), but always seemed to find the time for a Sci-Fi cameo or two.

sgtdraino wrote:

I liked his small role on Star Trek II as Captain Clark Terrell, the ill-fated commander of the USS Reliant.

Ditto.

He also played the Alien in ST: TNG that only spoke in metaphors, and Picard communicated with him using the story of Gilgamesh.

But perhaps his funniest role of all time in Sci-Fi has to be as a parody of General Powell in “Mars Attacks”

“I told you mom, if I just keep my head down and don’t make waves, I’m going to go places! Yes, General!”

Something like that, was laughing too hard to remember.

mandara k
    Participant

That is so tragic…… I remember him in many sci-fi excursions including The Terminator as the police commissioner “That couch is very comfortable.” I remember him more now for the A&E show narration of “City Confidential”. Something very smooth about his voice.

RIP sir; though I did not know thee.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.