Pepsi or Coke?

• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

That’s right! It’s common knowledge that “Irn-Bru” kicks both their asses but which do you prefer? Pepsi, Coke or don’t you taste a difference? Personally I like the taste of Pepsi. Coke’s weird. That’s my Opinion, what’s yours?

Flamegrape
    Participant

Never heard of Irn-Bru. Is it a UK cola?

I live in the southern USA so drinking Coca-Cola is required by law. (Coke is based in Atlanta, GA.) Only dirty yankees drink Pepsi! The only time you ever see anybody drink Pepsi is when you’re in a restaurant whose corporate franchise requires the sale of that drink.

However, if you live in the Appalachians, it it would be considered gauche to drink anything other than RC Cola with your moonpie snack.

But Coca-Cola is my favorite.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I live in the southern USA so drinking Coca-Cola is required by law. (Coke is based in Atlanta, GA.) Only dirty yankees drink Pepsi!

Not only that, but in the Southern US, *all* carbonated soda beverages are called “Coke.” Every single one. If you’ve got a six-pack of Mountain Dew in the fridge, you still yell “Hey Junior, fetch me a Coke, willya?” It’s all Coke. Just different flavors.

–Aleck

dgrequeen
    Participant

At the risk of being called a traitor to my people, I prefer Pepsi. Diet, even. Sorry, but there it is.

But actually, if you want to get right down to it, I really like Dr. Pepper (invented in Waco, Texas).

Anonymous

I prefer Pepsi. With age, I’ve had to grudgenly drink diet, so Diet Pepsi.

My southern cousins (literally, I have cousins in Louisana) all drink coke, even when they don’t.

Anonymous

Pepsi or Coke….hmmm…I think, er….Coke or Pepsi….ummm, well I’d say…..ahhh well maybe…..
    Pepsi or Coke…….can I get back to you on that?
    (I suppose Squirt doesn’t cut it )

elmey

DalekTek790
    Participant

A pop debate. Have we exhausted all our topics or what?

I say Pepsi is definately the better of the two. My favorite cola was World Classic Cola, but you can’t find it around here anymore.

I don’t drink that much pop, actually. When I have a lot of caffeinated beverages I get to acting a little weird.

[ 27-03-2002: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

Well, I hate Coke, but I love Diet Coke. I hate Diet Pepsi, but love Pepsi and Pepsi One. Diet coke with lemon tastes like Alka seltzer,but Pepsi Twist (with Lemon) is incredible (although Diet Pepsi Twist is soda Hell). So, I guess after weighing the odds, the best soda in the world is………
    …….. Sonic’s Cherry Limeade

Anonymous

i am a Pepper and proud of it. but if i had to chose between Coke and Pepsi, i would have to go with Coke. i used to drink Pepsi all the time going up. but now as an adult i just find Pepsi to be too sweet and IMO there is less carbonation than there is in Coke.

Not only that, but in the Southern US, *all* carbonated soda beverages are called “Coke.” Every single one. If you’ve got a six-pack of Mountain Dew in the fridge, you still yell “Hey Junior, fetch me a Coke, willya?” It’s all Coke. Just different flavors.

that is so true Aleck! i moved here to Texas 16 years ago from the midwest, and people used to look at me funny when i asked what kind of pop they had. i had to get used to saying “i want a Coke” and them asking me “what kind of Coke”! i have reverted to using the term ‘soda’ but i still have some people who don’t understand what i am talking about. LOL

Anonymous

For the record Irn-Bru is the TOP driink in scotland although it’s hated in every other country. It’s a fruits drink with a red’y orange colour which is absolutely amazing.

It’s funny to see the devide between people who like Pepsi and Coke drinkers. I wonder if both will still be around when I’m an old man.
    In the UK there’s a coke/pepsi dispute about sponsorship. England captain David Becham is sponsored by Pepsi and appears in some advertisements whereas Coke sponsor the England squad. The problem is with the new Coke bottles sporting a great big picture of Becham and a couple of other stars around the sides. I can’t believe they thought theyed get away with it.
    The irony with Coke/Pepsi is that is you go out somewhere and they only stock one of them people tend to not care (If you put in enough ice they taste the same anyhow!)

Anonymous

The word from the southern hemisphere is: COLA SUX (actually, that’s just the word from me, so…) I hate both Coke and Pepsi, I hate Dr Pepper even more, therefore my vote on this crucial issue goes to… Mountain Dew

BTW the best soft drink (that’s pop to all you Americans) in the world is L&P from New Zealand. It’s lemon and paeroa flavoured. Now I don’t knw what a paeroa is but it tastes like nothing on Earth

Anonymous

Another great obscure soda is Fresca. It’s grapefruit flavored, but not bitter. And I lived on Chinese Ginger Beer while in college, it’s available in all reputable oriental and health food stores, it’s 100% better than ginger ale and very, very strong (like burning your nose strong ).
    But the bestest, obscurest, soda in the universe is Rio de los Suenos soda in either the Kola Champagne or Pina Colada flavors (Kola Champagne is almost like cream soda with a little twist of ginger in)

Anonymous

If any of you see “Apple Slice” not diet in your stores let me know please

Last 6 pack I got was when I was visiting relatives in Georgia, since then I’ve been told they stopped making it.

Bar-none my favorite drink ever. In the interim I usually drink seltzer’s and juices. Soda (even Apple Slice) is a bit too sticky for me. But if I had to choose between Coke and Pepsi, Id go with Coke. Pepsi needs Ice or to be watered down or something.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.