Philip K. Dick Scanner Darkly movie

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Philip K. Dick Scanner Darkly movie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sidhecafe
    Participant

One of my all time favorite authors and he translates well to the big screen, hence
    Blade Runner
    Total Recall (arnie movie, but ya know)
    Minority Report

Paycheck too, though I haven’t seen it, not being a fan of Ben Afflek + I heard it wasn’t very good….Affleck can screw up anything.

So rumor has it there’s production in the works for another movie adaption, this time of Scanner Darkly. One of my fav Phil novels.

Anybody else hear of this???

theFrey
    Participant

I loved Blade Runner, long before it was made into a movie. Of couese once they put Harrison Ford up there what was not to love. ell okay, they kinda butchered the story a bit… but Harrison Ford was in it!

I also like Minority Report, but haven’t seen Scanner Darkly. I will have to look it up. ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks for the suggestion. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous

It’s not a rumor.

http://philipkdick.com/

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Richard Linklater huh???

Not sure how I feel about that, though I did like Waking Life – that was him wasn’t it….

Anonymous
    Sidhecafe wrote:

Richard Linklater huh???

Not sure how I feel about that, though I did like Waking Life – that was him wasn’t it….

Yes, and A Scanner Darkly will use the same style of rotoscoped animation.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

I’m sure how I feel about that. Though I like Waking Life it was kind of like another version of Slackers, and I can see where he could make A Scanner Darkly yet another version of that along the same lines…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.