Place your bets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fluffy bunny
    Participant

Good chance to make fun of an otherwise miserable situation

For ‘reliable’ – we need to wait a fortnight after he finds it to be sure it hasn’t done kaput by then

Anonymous

I feel terrible for ol Saddy. I spent about 45minutes writing up a review for part 1 of Children of Dune. Sure enough as I was finishing the site temporarily collapsed and my work was entirely lost *SIGH*. So I re-wrote it this morning in about 20-30 minutes and Im not pleased with the end result. ISPs suck, they are the single variable totally outside the control of the webmaster and typically the most important.

I really wish I could offer a reliable ISP, but like Saddy I’ve never had any luck with a good one.

Rag
    Participant

And, sadly (no pun intended), unless you wanna fork out for business type hosting from one of the major ISP’s your not going to get the sort of reliability that the users demand. And even then you can’t guarantee it’ll by up 24-7. Reliable technology… It’s a dream that I don’t think will come to pass in my lifetime. Ah well. It give us something to whinge about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Thanks for the encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚

Changing server scares the helloutame, but I think this one has been worth it! … so far ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.