Power to the Peephole

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tentacle
    Participant

I think we just found the other stinker CLR told us about. The idea wasn’t bad (though a bit tired), it just didn’t work.

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ll admit I was disappointed by the episode a little. But I kinda set myself up for the disappointment. I got suckered by the typical Sci Fi ads to believe there’d be more spring break jokes. But the largest shortcoming was that I expected some Florida 2000 election jokes. I can’t pass up a good (or even bad) Dubya joke.

It did have its good points though. Mostly Six’s outfit. Oh yeah definatly the outfit! But there was some nice scifi clichés mixed into the episode, like the plasma storm, and Gus drinking. The Osbourne family was a nice touch too. The animation was excellent, especially Six. Ironically though I’m not normally a big Six fan.

Anyone else notice Six’s serial number: 19600199? Any thoughts on what that means?

kamisama103
    Participant

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Could have been better. I kinda liked that they used T’nuk more… I kinda like T’nuk in a mean, evil-biotch typa way. I still don’t think Whip did enough though. I loved Six’s sex position that was hilarious.

Tentacle
    Participant

Headgehog wrote

I expected some Florida 2000 election jokes.

Yeah me too. I’m always up for seeing Boy George slammed. Perhaps the intent was there but they couldn’t come up with anything funny enough. In fact, that’s my beef with the whole episode. It only made me laugh a couple of times. Maybe I’ll like it more the second time around.

Headgehog
    Participant
    kamisama103 wrote:

I kinda liked that they used T’nuk more… I kinda like T’nuk in a mean, evil-biotch typa way. I still don’t think Whip did enough though.

I’m going to have to disagree with you there. I thought the T’Nuk plot killed the episode. Overall it didn’t really affect the A-plot, and more importantly it wasn’t funny. Maybe the whole Monica thing would’ve brought a smile to my face a few years ago. But even back then, the only thing I thought was funny over that mess was the way some people were blowing it out of proportion. As a whole, I don’t really care for T’Nuk. I think she’s too much of a stereotype, too clichéd.

I will agree about Whip. I’d love to see more action centered around him. I think we’ll get to see that in “Love Conquers All… err Almost”.

Tentacle wrote:

Perhaps the intent was there but they couldn’t come up with anything funny enough.

I think most of the election/politician jokes were just dated. Ten years ago it would have worked better, but not now with the Bush vs. Anyone but Bush polarization thing in America. I think a really funny quip could’ve been if Goodfellow got on right before his anti-chode advert and said “I’m George Goodfellow and I approve of this commercial”. But that’s very recent and word of it may not have even left America. For all I know it could be exclusive to my area (Philadelphia, PA). We have a primary coming up on Tuesday, not that it matters much, since most of the nominations have already been chosen by loser states like Iowa, or in some smoke filled back-room (i.e. they’re only running one candidate). This state really sucks when it comes to elections!

… Maybe I’ll like it more the second time around.

It didn’t get funnier with repeated viewings. But it does flow better without commercials, especially without commercials for the previous week’s episode of Mad Mad House.

CLR2
    Participant
    kamisama103 wrote:

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Could have been better. I kinda liked that they used T’nuk more… I kinda like T’nuk in a mean, evil-biotch typa way. I still don’t think Whip did enough though. I loved Six’s sex position that was hilarious.

This isn’t the stinker I mentioned… the problem with this show was the delivery. This was one of those scripts that was funny as hell on paper, but just didn’t come out right (IMO). Everytime I watch that episode I cringe because it had the potential to be one of the best episodes…

kamisama103
    Participant

I didn’t say I liked what T’Nuk did, I just liked that she was used, other than just bitching about things. She did something in this episode.

Headgehog
    Participant
    kamisama103 wrote:

I didn’t say I liked what T’Nuk did.

Oops, sorry I misread your post. I still don’t like T’Nuk very much. But I do agree that it was nice to see the minor full time cast members get a larger role. Now if only Whip and Bob could play a larger role…

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve just added the review for Power to the Peephole as well as the transcript

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.