predictions please, part II

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx predictions please, part II

• This topic has 31 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

jumping jedi asked if we had any predictions for the ending of lexx…please continue your thoughts here

sgtdraino
    Participant

I really have no predictions. I started writing scripts for three movie sequels, but had to stop, because the show is getting so unpredictable!

The only predictions I have is that Stan, Bunny, and Priest will not die, because that is what folks with the show have hinted at.

For the rest, I have only hopes:

I do hope the end of the show WILL deal with the cycle of time, as that is a fairly major plot point with my scripts.

I also hope the Lexx will not be destroyed. Our crew is rather inept without the most powerful weapon in the two universes. Yeah, I could probably come up with a replacement, but it wouldn’t have the epic history inherent to the Lexx.

I also hope Kai will not be written out in such a way that it’s utterly impossible to write him back in.

See, at the start of the series, Kai is telling “our story” to someone. At some point, I want to come back to that.

FX
    Participant

remember what lex g says over and over again; “dead is never dead in Lexx”

Anonymous

I’m going to predict as follows. History will no doubt bear me wrong. ๐Ÿ˜›

*** Potential spoilers ***

With Kai’s cryopod destroyed, the crew return to Earth and Kai deals with the Lyekka attacking Japan while a hesistant Stan, battling between his own affections for Lyekka and his loyalty, such as it is, to Kai. In the battle with Lyekka, Kai begins to experience emotion much like with Drago and realises that Prince has, in fact, kept his promise.

The Trin are destroyed and the crew return to the Lexx, but realise that with no other life-bearing planets around Earth might be all they have left. Prince pays them a visit to tell them that a large particle accelerator has been installed; The experiments to determine the mass of the Higgs-Bosen are underway and it’s up to the crew of the Lexx to save the planet, if they want to.

The crew eventually head down to attempt to stop the accelerator from being run, but are beseiged by Prince and his ATF Agents. They eventually decide that the only way to destroy the facility and save Earth … is to crash the Lexx directly into the building, using its weapon would destroy the planet.

The Lexx bravely crashes into the planet, following Stan’s final order, and the Earth is saved. The crew are stranded on Earth, but to a hero’s reception. Kai, now fully alive and able at last to complete his journey, travels to Canada. He relays his story to a trio of enthusiastic Canadian writers in their luxurious, maiden-filled penthouse suite… and then jumps from the roof of the building. We cut to a vignette as Stan and Xev receive the news, and to the funeral where all sing the Brunnen-G anthem. With it echoing in our ears, we pull away from the Earth, out into space just as in 4.01, further and further amongst the stars, as the Devine Order symbol closes on the screen… and Prince, trapped under the wreckage of the Lexx in the ruins of the scientific faclity, screams…

Anonymous

Chris, I get the feeling that you know more than the rest of us, your plot is so Lexx, while the rest of us are considering more serious plots, your’s seem to be straight from the pen of the beans.
    Are you Paul D in disguise?
    The ending just seems to be so right, though I kinda hope it’s wrong, so that the few who believe in the cycle theory aren’t made to look totally stupid!!!
    But I’m not gonna bet against your’s, it almost has me convinced that this will be the ending.
    Squishy

dgrequeen
    Participant

I’m sure the Beans would love the maiden-filled penthouse suite part, but somehow, I really doubt this is *quite* the ending they would have had in mind. I have to admit, though, it’s Lexxy enough.

Anonymous

I think Chris’s predictions is by far the one that sounds the closest to actually happening. It’s exactly how the finale will be. Not some out of nowhere with no explanation “cycle of time” thing. The ending isn’t overly dramatic and is kind of funny in a way(remember Zev’s death was tragic..until she turned into custard which was actually quite funny.)

I don’t think those things will actually happen exactly like that..but he’s got the tone down right.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by The_Steven_Bell:
    I think Chris’s predictions is by far the one that sounds the closest to actually happening. It’s exactly how the finale will be. Not some out of nowhere with no explanation “cycle of time” thing. The ending isn’t overly dramatic and is kind of funny in a way(remember Zev’s death was tragic..until she turned into custard which was actually quite funny.)

I don’t think those things will actually happen exactly like that..but he’s got the tone down right.

The cycle of time theories aren’t out of nowhere, they all have basis with past events in Lexx, just because you don’t personally agree with them, does not mean they have no merit.
    None of the people who think about the ‘cycle’ would invent a theory unless there was a solid backbone to it, it’s pieced together by relevant information from the Lexx universe, and whether it turns out to be right or wrong, it’s unfair to dismiss other’s thoughts on it.
    The cycle of time theories have been kicking around on this site long before you turned up, and all have given reasons for why they feel this could happen, all have given plausible explantions.
    So get your facts straight before you make uninformed comments like that.
    Squishy

sgtdraino
    Participant

The Cycle of Time is one of the few themes that continues to be touched on throughout the entire series, in every season. yet it is kept mysterious and never quite explained. Considering the predominant emblem for the series is the Divine Order “wheel,” along with the many other circle and wheel references that appear in the series, I think ending the series with the Cycle of Time would be perfect.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:

The cycle of time theories aren’t out of nowhere, they all have basis with past events in Lexx, just because you don’t personally agree with them, does not mean they have no merit.
    None of the people who think about the ‘cycle’ would invent a theory unless there was a solid backbone to it, it’s pieced together by relevant information from the Lexx universe, and whether it turns out to be right or wrong, it’s unfair to dismiss other’s thoughts on it.
    The cycle of time theories have been kicking around on this site long before you turned up, and all have given reasons for why they feel this could happen, all have given plausible explantions.
    Squishy

Down, Squishy, down!

*pats cluster lizard head and tosses him a brain* You haven’t been getting enough protein in your diet lately.

Anonymous

Well if were lucky, it wont be the “super happy ending” people will be looking for.

Thats why i loved the ending to Quantum Leap, it ended on a downer and totally threw me off guard. So this is what im thinking.

The LEXX is destroyed by the ATF because if they cant escape the Earth in it, no one will. The crew of the LEXX escape on a moth to the planet and re-group with the rebels scientists (?) who have finish their escape ship. Kai gets his soul back, but dies shortly afterward helping Xev and Stan reach the escape ship.

790 will end up stranded on some remote asteroid or moon in the solar system
    forever in morning after hearing the news of Kais death.

Stan and Xev escaping the earth and Lykka now realize they are now part of some new Noah Ark type situation and are forced into marrying people they dispise. For Stan, it ends up being the re-incarnation of Giggoratta. For Xev it ends up being a character played by Jeff Hirchfield, who is gay and pretended to be straight just to escape the earth, and now lives in utter hell being paired up with a woman.

Lykka ends up eating up the entire planet, and even Kai (who is alive), she scans his mind and learns of everything. Then we fade to Brunis (of the past) where the carrots have landed and accidently trigger events that lead to the slow death of their sun and the massive evacuation of the planet (guest starring Poet Man!).

Anonymous

Predictions:

Hungry plants make “the Little Shop of Horrors” look almost friendly.
    Really. Who’d a thought.

790 lands on Gilligan’s island where she is put on a totem pole. She is reset by the fall and the first face she sees is Gilligan’s. 790 vows to love him 4ever.

I see…a number.
    I see…the number 13 in their future.

Longbore walks again just before his end.
    He proclaims, “My Prince…I can walk!”

Xev rings a bell.

Kai is freed from his punishment at last, long enough to chose of his own free will.
    YO WAY OH.

Stanley shows he is manly.

Lexx zaps something bad…without Stanley telling him to! Then Lexx and his special friend breed the insect civilization which I lord over. Then Lexx joins the food chain but was happy at last in the future past.

The Higgs is observed.
    Prince is cast into a lake of fire in the process.
    Let there be light.

I keep hearing a word on these pages…not very clearly…I hear people saying the Noah. Noah. The ‘Noah’ emerges…yes…I see…in the light universe created by the Higgs as if by intelligent design. It is a once in a universe-time event. Stanley is still a survivor.

Or…I see Xev and Stanley settle down to live among the inhabitants on the lil blue planet. It is becoming clearer…either they do or they do not. Yes. That’s it.

The quantum possibilities…I…you…we are Schrodinger’s cat. When we look in the box in two weeks the very act of our observing will determine the fate of the lil blue planet and our plucky crew.

The wave function does not collapse until we look in the box. Keep looking to the box.

We will look in the box and seal their fates.
    That is the seer’s prophecy.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:

Squishy

I wasn’t referring to speculation on it being out of nowhere but if it happened on the show it would seem out of nowhere(and I’m well aware of the speculation existing before I started posting here being that I was lurking a long time before I ever posted). Imagine your a casual viewer of the show who doesn’t have the internet and no other fan interaction. Or you’ve only ever seen seasons 3 and 4(as I’m sure is true for a lot of people.) Do you really think to them the cycle of time thing happening would make the least ammount of sense.

The internet audience only makes up a small portion of the ppl who watch the show.

I’m not saying the cycle of time thing is impossible I’m just saying it’s unlikely given that it would be confusing.

My point in reply to Chris was that what he said would make more sense it terms of the storytelling of the show than the cycle of time thing would in terms of the general audience.

With all this said if the cycle of time thing does happen I won’t be surprised just because it’s LEXX and anything can happen.
    It just won’t make sense.

For the record I have no real idea of what will happen. If the cycle of time thing happens and it can be made to work then that’s fine. As long as it makes sense. I just don’t see how that’s possible when you have so much else to do in the final episode.

Anyway…no need to be so defensive. I wasn’t trying to bash anyone or anything like that. If I offended anyone by my strong opinions I’m sorry.

But isn’t it great that LEXX is so completely insane that we could even have a debate on what will happen in the final episode. Most shows it’s just:hero defeats villain,mission completed etc.

There are actually endless possiblities.

And since this was way off topic:
    I predict that Stan will lose his hat(the ultimate tragic ending.)

Anonymous

I have only seen the films and season 2 & 3 and my prediction is based of the mere fact that the creators of the Lexx knew at the beginning how the whole thing would end and an overwhelming ah ha moment about 4 mins into IWHS so here goes

Kai is/becomes HDS

yes Mr Kai you have the memories of his Divine Shadow you have kept Stan & Zex/Xev around so the you could fulfil your evil destiny Stan because he has the key to the Lexx and is alive Xev because using your treat ’em mean keep ’em keen tactics you have played on the poor womans vunrability to manipulate Stan to do as you want yes you gave the insect essence to Mantrid but did you give all of it ? you have been able to keep your Kai persona together through season 2 but seems to have started losing it through 3 and 4!!and another thing what was it with all that kissing you have got more snogs out of this show than Xev and shes the leading lady – the women I understand but the guys ? did Michael McManus have to you that stuff that Channel swimmers use to stop his cheeks from chafing ? did he have the worlds supply of industrial strength lipsalve stored in his dressing room eh ! eh!
    J’Accusse Monsier Kai you are /become His Divine Shadow and what is more you’re a very naughty boy !

how this happens I haven’t a clu but it bring us back to the beginning of the story and lets the story progress into a 5th series with one major character being replaced by another familiar one after all there is only one dead assassin which also allows for the ever delightful Michael to make guest appearances if he ever needs some extra beer money

but then what do I know

happy bobs

Anonymous

Just before the final episode is shown Sci-Fi will cancel the series and the last episode will be known as “the great lost tale” and fans will speculate for years to come on how the program ended.

Anonymous

i know this is highly unlikly but i would like and hope that it ends the way all good shows should end with the charator doing what they do best. ie they dont die, the lexx doesnt get blown up and they carry on what they were doing

Anonymous

Steven Bell. I agree the Cycle Of Time is confusing, but not if you followed Lexx from the beginning, and that ‘s the point, Lexx is a programme that would appear confusing at whatever stage you joined it.
    But the beans have said that the finale would make you want too watch the entire seasons over again, whether you’re new to it or not.
    I can’t imagine Lexx closing without a paradox, and I can’t see ending just by blowing the Lexx up or Kai dying…how would lead you into thinking ‘How I wish I’d seen it from the beginning’.
    The Cycle of time theory leaves things open to future debate, tantalisingly explaining a few things and leaving other’s open, it would be like a good detective novel, where the only answers lie in previous seasons, and as we know there are only a few breadcrumbs in them…but piece it together and you will have the answer.
    Many programs use time and it’s mystery to keep you guessing, heck, ST:TNG started with Q putting mankind on trial and then ended by concluding that trial, with time being the focal point in the last ep, so that story went full circle.
    The Terminator movies employ a similar idea, you can see the movies are moving to the stage where John Connor sends his father (Michael Biehn) back in time to save Sarah, the last movie will come full circle to the first Terminator.
    It’s not a boring or unexciting premise, granted it’s been done before, but it can be bended to be more or less exciting.
    Lexx has a rich history which makes it ideal for this scenario.
    If it’s done to leave more questions than answer’s then it’s job is done, people will forever think how did this happen, you’ll look through the season and some answers become apparent, while other’s remain unanswered…and the good thing is that the beans may yet consider a one-off to put all of the remaining mysteries to bed and relieve those who have restless nights trying to explain something that they may never get the answer too.
    It’s both clever and cruel storytelling, but it leaves an impression on you, as you’ll watch the seasons again and again, making Lexx a programme that is difficult to forget, certainly wouldn’t be a cliffhanger, it’ll be very subtle.
    Good programmes like Lexx just don’t end with all the answers, and I can’t see it being a simple ‘let’s put the fans out of their misery’, you gotta remember the beans are a warped and sadidtic bunch…this is something I wouldn’t put past them.
    Squishy

Flamegrape
    Participant

I agree with Tish. The Earth will be destroyed.

Furthermore, Lexx will make great material for “Bob”. BTW, let me introduce myself as Rev. Flamegrape of the Church of the Subgenius.

I also wanted to point out that Dr. Longbore had the right idea, flying off into space with the Sex Goddesses. But “Bob” wasn’t there for him to broker his soul. He just couldn’t outrun the Pinks and the rest of the Conspiracy of “normals”.

Think I’m a loony? Crazy like a fox, I say!

The Xists
    Have landed
    Earth’s under
    Their control
    “Bob”‘s vision
    Stands proven
    The cities
    Radioactive holes
    We don’t know
    What their game is
    But their name is
    Unpronounceable
    We don’t know
    What they came for
    But what they aim for
    Is impossible
    The Xists have landed
    Their machines
    Follow in our tracks
    “Bob”‘s Vision
    Stands proven
    A world
    Without slack

(song: The Xists Have Landed by Rev. Buck Naked of the Church of the Subgenius)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Furthermore, Lexx will make great material for “Bob”.

Oh, absolutely. LEXX is nothing if not SubG ‘fropaganda. Just look at this season in and of itself. There’s the world full of Pinks who are bringing the whole place to the brink of destruction, there’s the Conspiracy (as epitomized by Prince and his connection to JFK and Waco, just to show the tip of the Con iceberg) seeking to suck the slack out of the people of this world, there’s the Yacatisma heading toward Earth (the Beans cleverly substituting *plant* people for *serpent* people), there’s the arrival of a spacecraft from another dimension/planet with a hot sex goddess aboard…Even when you look at the creative aspects of the show, you get a SubG thing going on. There’s the mocking and ridicule of Pink icons (religion, government, complacent suburban society, etc.), the embracing of BullDada (Godzilla flicks, slasher flicks, zombie flicks, etc.), and a crew that gets through everything by the skin of their teeth by surfing that luck plane for all it’s worth. It celebrates hedonism and indulgence, and is all about having fun. It’s one of the only truly slackworthy programs on the Box today.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Oh, absolutely. LEXX is nothing if not SubG ‘fropaganda. Just look at this season in and of itself. There’s the world full of Pinks who are bringing the whole place to the brink of destruction, there’s the Conspiracy (as epitomized by Prince and his connection to JFK and Waco, just to show the tip of the Con iceberg) seeking to suck the slack out of the people of this world, there’s the Yacatisma heading toward Earth (the Beans cleverly substituting *plant* people for *serpent* people), there’s the arrival of a spacecraft from another dimension/planet with a hot sex goddess aboard…Even when you look at the creative aspects of the show, you get a SubG thing going on. There’s the mocking and ridicule of Pink icons (religion, government, complacent suburban society, etc.), the embracing of BullDada (Godzilla flicks, slasher flicks, zombie flicks, etc.), and a crew that gets through everything by the skin of their teeth by surfing that luck plane for all it’s worth. It celebrates hedonism and indulgence, and is all about having fun. It’s one of the only truly slackworthy programs on the Box today.

–Aleck

I could not have said it better myself. You put my knowledge of Subgenius lore to shame. I am forced to admit that I barely deserve the title of Reverend. In fact, I’m going to quote you in alt.binaries.slack.

The Supreme Beans need to be nominated for Sainthood in the Church of the Subgenius. Or perhaps, by “Bob”, we can do it ourselves. They are saints because it is self-evident. I know I will be preaching this from now on.

Anonymous

quote:

I could not have said it better myself. You put my knowledge of Subgenius lore to shame. I am forced to admit that I barely deserve the title of Reverend.

Oh, phooey. Knowledge of doctrine and lore is no prerequisite for Priestdom. It helps if you’re making some comparison between the CotSG and some other something-or-other, but it’s useless otherwise. Remember your instructions from the first Book, Grasshopper — commit the entire text to memory, and then forget it all. You’ve merely followed the path of least resistance by choosing not to memorize the entire book, and proceeded to the next step! Slack! And as for deserving the title Reverend…Ask yourself this: Are you abnormal? Have you given your money to “Bob”? If you can answer “yes” to both questions, then you deserve the title.

quote:

The Supreme Beans need to be nominated for Sainthood in the Church of the Subgenius. Or perhaps, by “Bob”, we can do it ourselves. They are saints because it is self-evident. I know I will be preaching this from now on.

Well, according to one of the tenets of the CotSG, anything you or I say is immediately considered (at least temporarily) Official Church Doctrine, so preach it to the heavens, FG! Spread the gospel among all Subs! Let them know what they’re missing!

–Aleck

[ 16-04-2002: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Well, according to one of the tenets of the CotSG, anything you or I say is immediately considered (at least temporarily) Official Church Doctrine, so preach it to the heavens, FG! Spread the gospel among all Subs! Let them know what they’re missing!

–Aleck

I refer to it as “Bob”‘s gobblespell!

sgtdraino
    Participant

Hey, I’ve got another prediction!

We’re definitely going to see some sort of followup on the Lexx’s liason with that little bug in Dutch Treat. The Beans were very deliberate in including that scene, so I don’t believe it was just a throwaway. Perhaps the followup will have something to do with the the Lexx “ailing” in the final episode?

Flamegrape
    Participant

I predict that there will be a number of fans that will be really, really unhappy with the conclusion of the show. Mark my words. I bet some of them will throw fits. I’m sure there will be a few extra-long rants posted on the message boards.

Anonymous

quote:

I predict that there will be a number of fans that will be really, really unhappy with the conclusion of the show. Mark my words. I bet some of them will throw fits. I’m sure there will be a few extra-long rants posted on the message boards.

I won’t be one of them, if the ‘Cycle’ theory doesn’t pan out I won’t be upset, I said it more because that’s how I would like it too end, and that I think it’s a good theory to have.
    The one thing I do know is that making these theories up is good fun, but at the end of the day fairly pointless, as none us could ever get right what the beans will do…Lexx catches us out at almost every turn, you think you got it sussed, next thing you know you haven’t, but that’s why I love it.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Pure speculation and nonsense, but hey why not, anything can happen in the Lexxiverse.

Ponder if you will:

What if somehow/someway (the hows, whys, wheres, and ways are not really that important) 790 is pretty much destroyed when Stanely booted him off the bridge last episode. All that remains of 790 is his small piece of brain. All that remains in that small piece of brain is pure hatred. That small hate filled piece of brain is eaten by the newly born offspring of lexx and his new friend. A new insect civilization comes into being, inbreed with nothing but pure hatred for humanity.

Reasoning.
    An unrequited love has obviously driven 790 completely unsane.
    The last image 790 sees before he ‘dies’ is a living Kai kissing Xev. This of course sizzles his circuitry and blows his cork.
    The first world destroyed by HDS is Brunnis.

implausible but not totally impossible.?

antizero

sgtdraino
    Participant

Okay, I got me another prediction!

What has been the object of our crew throughout the entire series?

“… And now we are looking for a new home.”

It’s obvious. I think the series will end with our crew deciding that Earth will be their new home.

So, I guess I’m definitely predicting that Earth will NOT be destroyed.

I’ll also predict that most of the Lexx crew will survive, the possible exceptions being 790 and Kai. I think Kai will, to some degree, be “alive” before the end. Not too sure how he’ll end up, though. Hopefully not atomized or disintegrated.

I suspect the Lexx will die (though I wish it wouldn’t), but I also suspect they will at least hint at a baby Lexx (or possibly the first member of the Insect Civilization).

I’m also hoping they do the Cycle of Time, but I think the chances could go either way on that one. Not enough info to make a prediction. I wish they would, though. It’s been referred to and hinted at in every season, without ever getting specific about what it is, and how it happens. The Cycle of Time is one of the most unique things about the Lexx literary universe.

There sure is a lot to pack into that last episode! Mmmm. I’m trying very VERY hard not to set my expectations impossibly high.

Anonymous

I’m guessing that the scene in the televised preview with the particle rays making gibs of the two who are beside Kai is going to be the result of someone measuring the Higgs mass, or maybe using it foolishly against the aliens, and the emphasis on the alien threat is a bit of a red herring (at least, its not the full story of the finale). Spontaneous symmetry breaking is spontaneous because the numerical choice nature made was…arbitrary. A metastable bead rolls down from the top of the symmetrical hat (just a common model in physics of quantum fields) in any azimuth, and when it does roll it fixes the potential into a crystallized result. That means we cannot predict the breakdown in spacetime (unless the hand that guids the Time Prophet pushes the bead) and so the end result of even a partial particle physics disaster could be…anything. A recreation of a world…as you like. Assuming the rules of particle properties aren’t so altered as to render life infeasible in the domain of the experiment. Kai in brunnen G heaven, the others settled into some other fate, and 790?? A bunch of romantic dreamers like the Brunnen G could only hope even she regains sanity and finds a less than abysmal final state in this terrific space opera.

Anonymous

Just watched the preview at scifi.com. It looks like they’re going for an independence day parody. That may be a factor in the ending. But couldn’t they just make this one seriously? It is the last episode.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    Just watched the preview at scifi.com. It looks like they’re going for an independence day parody. That may be a factor in the ending. But couldn’t they just make this one seriously? It is the last episode.

It wouldn’t make any sense to suddenly switch gears and have a serious episode when all the others in this season have been loony.

That hope of an epic climax is vanishing like a puddle of jelassa berry juice poured on the red-hot frontal lobes of a cluster-lizard lady in estrus.

Anonymous

I’ve got another prediction: Stan meets a Xev double (whom we have yet to see) and they steal the Noah with Bunny and Priest and zoom away leaving Kai and realXev to defeat the aliens, etc. Also, Stan kills Prince. 790 is crushed and they use the remains for bowls and utensils.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by antizero:
    Pure speculation and nonsense, but hey why not, anything can happen in the Lexxiverse.

Ponder if you will:

What if somehow/someway (the hows, whys, wheres, and ways are not really that important) 790 is pretty much destroyed when Stanely booted him off the bridge last episode. All that remains of 790 is his small piece of brain. All that remains in that small piece of brain is pure hatred. That small hate filled piece of brain is eaten by the newly born offspring of lexx and his new friend. A new insect civilization comes into being, inbreed with nothing but pure hatred for humanity.

Reasoning.
    An unrequited love has obviously driven 790 completely unsane.
    The last image 790 sees before he ‘dies’ is a living Kai kissing Xev. This of course sizzles his circuitry and blows his cork.
    The first world destroyed by HDS is Brunnis.

implausible but not totally impossible.?

antizero

And maybe Xev becomes the next time prophet, if she really was killed by Vlad.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.