prime ridge

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I thought this ep had a good first half but soon became rather crap and boring. I hope Mort is much better.

[ 16-02-2002: Message edited by: Mercury ]

theFrey
    Participant

I hated the music! arghhhhhhh

Anonymous

I thought “Prime Ridge” was absolutely hilarious for the first half. That scene where Kai sort of fell into the freezer? And they were all sitting around watching television and Kai got so bored he went back in the freezer? I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in a week, not since “769,” which Mr. Salinqmind watched in stunned disbelief. “Prime Ridge” was good about up to the part where Stan was taking a bath, and then it abruptly went downhill when it turned into a slaughter with perky musical background. I’m pretty dumb, so what was all that about?

sgtdraino
    Participant

I agree with Mr. Salinqmind. The first half-to-three-quarters of the episode was great Lexx comedy, with the crew walking around suburbia, raiding cash machines, and lounging around the living room watching VS (View Screen). The extended living room scene, with Kai in-and-out-and-in the freezer was particularly hilarious!

The whole goal of our crew throughout the series has been to “find ourselves a home,” and this is, lets face it, the biggest effort they’ve made so far to adapt to a “normal” life. I enjoyed the characters’ abnormal reactions to normal situations, such as Stanley’s falling asleep on the grass.

Yes, towards the end, the episode did degenerate into some mindlessness, a rather obvious literary device to make the crew leave this situation and set up the next episode. However, the FBI Lieutenant was a nice touch. That guy looks really familiar to me. Where do I know him from?

Anonymous

The last gun battle was a spoof of the reservior dogs/true romance thing, I think. That’s why I thought it was funny. And I laughed out loud at the “Fresh Beef Industries” van.
    When I saw them on the couch watching TV, I thought the series had jumped the shark, but then I remembered that this was supposed to be a scifi show-and they had them sitting around a house! This episode had only incidental aspects of scifi, which I suppose does push the boundaries of expectations. Subtle genius if I ever saw it.

Anonymous

Correct me if I’m wrong. . .but that certainly appeared to be the captain from potataho leading the fbi. . .
    I found this episode to be boring. . .but the final scene. . .of udder, mindless violence really worked for me. It was hilarious how screwed up it was.
    And Stan seems to have summed up Season four in the is episode. . .”this is definitely a class thirteen planet” indeed

Anonymous

I will not be seeing Prime Ridge until next Wednesday (20th of Feb.) but I have an idea about the FBI. I remember watching Magic Baby, in the beginning where Stan, Xev and Kai are running out of the asylum and the security camera is filming them, then the cops show up, after they’re whisked away by Nigel. I know that was a bit of a run on sentence. I knew when I saw that scene that the story would have to pick it up later. Am I to assume that the FBI watching them is related to the asylum killings by Kai? Only they think Stan did them?

Anonymous

Stan seems to have summed up Season four in the is episode. . .”this is definitely a class thirteen planet” indeed
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    I actually thought that one of the druids at the end of ‘midnight’ summed up season 4 better than this episode: well, that was amongst the worst things that I’ve ever seen

Anonymous

Are you kidding? It was utterly hilarious all the way through!

Xev as a counseler – The dead do not shoobapbaloobap – Stan and the mother/daughter – the junkies – Prime Ridge – the crew watching TV – oooh!

Anonymous

I thought it was really funny too, but I hope by now they’ve finished with their “Domestic Earth Lexx” cause its getting pretty repetitious.

Headgehog
    Participant

I liked it up to the last five min. It was such a great parady of American suberbia. This episode annoyed a lot of people for that reason. They think that the Canadians beans are America bashing. I disagree, much like hte Simpsons, Lexx doesn’t descriminate about cultures. It mocks them all. America is sucha a large traget because we are the superpower, and our culture pervades all others. Hell the most recongized symbol in the world in the McDonalds Golden Arches. And what’s more American besides fast food?
    Before the 11th that last scene would have been more funny. I almost got a chuckle out of the shear nonsense of it all.But satiracle senseless killing just isn’t as funny anymore.But that scene did have its moments, kai missfiring, the two kids at the end finding on another, and Stans comment about his definatly beign a type 13 planet.
    As sgtdraino poitned out, they fianlly got home, and it was screwed up lexx style as always. Plus we goto see if Sad’s predictions of what the characters would be in real life was true or not. Overall I think Prime Ridge made up for 769.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    okay, i admit it, i fell asleep halfway through this one…so can i just say, feh!

I think it accurately portrayed the sickness that is suburbia very well! What the hell is this strange obsession with lawns? No, seriously! What compells people to turn tracks of land into deserts, cultivating only one type of plant that serves no purpose! Suburbia makes you crazy. Just look at those twisted kids.

FX
    Participant

okay, i admit it, i fell asleep halfway through this one…so can i just say, feh!

dgrequeen
    Participant

Stephen McHattie was the FBI agent pursuing our intrepid Lexx crew; evidently the reincarnation of the astronaut Moss in S2.

I thought there were some pretty funny moments in this ep: when they were watching TV, and Kai looked at them as if he couldn’t believe it, and when he says: “Dead people. Big guns.” and then tries to fire his brace and it flops. And who knew the former sex goddess Britt Eklund had such a sense of comic timing?

But over all, the episode seemed to drag, and there was too much busywork in it. They could have left out the bathroom scene with those meat plant bozos, especially the toothless woman in the wheelchair giving that one guy a blow job on video.

I’m not concerned with the so-called America-bashing, because I don’t think that’s what it is. As I’ve said before, the Beans leave no sacred cow unmolested, and we Americans have certainly done a good enough job exporting an image of ourselves as gun-toting cowboy-misfits in our own movies and television. Besides, it’s not as if the Beans haven’t poked plenty of fun at Canada.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:

I thought there were some pretty funny moments in this ep: when they were watching TV, and Kai looked at them as if he couldn’t believe it, and when he says: “Dead people. Big guns.” and then tries to fire his brace and it flops. And who knew the former sex goddess Britt Eklund had such a sense of comic timing? …..

…I’m not concerned with the so-called America-bashing, because I don’t think that’s what it is. As I’ve said before, the Beans leave no sacred cow unmolested, and we Americans have certainly done a good enough job exporting an image of ourselves as gun-toting cowboy-misfits in our own movies and television. Besides, it’s not as if the Beans haven’t poked plenty of fun at Canada.

I thought the floppy-brace Kai scene was the best of the whole episode. I was LOL.

And speaking of sacred cows, wouldn’t naming the slaughter house CJD Meats be more of a slam to the UK, since CJD is the human version of Mad Cow Disease??????

Anonymous

Oh, what’s happened to our Lexx Life???? When I saw this ep was written by Jeff Hirshfield I scooted to the end of my seat prepared to be mightily entertained….by the end of the first half I actually got up and walked around my living room looking for something to do.. It did have a few funny moments like Kai’s droopy brace and stealing the money from the ATM’s but aside from that, I was bored out of my skull and could’nt believe Jeff Hirshfield wrote it!!!
    Enough already with the parodies of America and all that, let’s get back on the Lexx and start zipping through space again and once in a while blowing up a planet or two…
    I felt that we saw more of the supporting characters then we did of the stars… It would appear that their budget has been greatly reduced for these episodes…At times some of the co-stars sounded american then sorta an accent would appear, then back to an american accent, one guy sounded a little irish once in a while, it was weird and I still love Lexx but this episode was a waste!!!

DalekTek790
    Participant

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I mean, it was no Texx Lexx, but it was better than, Stan Down, better than The Rock, and better than Bad Carrot.

There was a little too much silliness, and some grossness. But we got to see an old friend (E. J. Moss), and a great gun battle. The plot itself was fairly good, another episode illustrating the decline of western society, and how all anybody thinks about now is sex and violence.

I liked Cleasby. How even though everybody hates him he’s really the most normal person in town. Then he pulled out a gun. He’s kinda like the Wozard: seems like a great guy ’til he shows up with weapons strapped to himself. Then he had sex with that bitch, really didn’t like that.

I hope Agent Moss (is that his name?) becomes a regular character. A future episode is titled Moss, so that implies at least one future appearance. He could be a better continuing enemy than Prince. But what was with the dice? And what was with the grass, for that matter? And the beef? And the guns? It seems like there are a lot of questions that need answering.

And Xev as a stress counselor was just disturbing. I hope she’s lost that job.

Anonymous

I think the grass was just their way of torturing that kid since he claims on the tape with Xev to have a major problem with allergies and hayfever.

On Sci-Fi’s site you can read 5-paragraph synopsis for the episodes up to and through Moss, wont spoil ya but yeah he’s semi-regular.

mandara k
    Participant

HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!

This is a parody of American Beauty; you know the movie with Kevin Spacey, and Annette Benning? Guys, take off the space helmets for a while and look around you.

It was hilarious!!!!!

Rent the movie folks and you will see the correlation.

Follow the white rabbit.

I can only show you the door; you have to walk through it. -Morpheus The Matrix

Anonymous

This ep was just odd. I liked the “impotent” brace a lot. It fit in nicely with Stan’s compulsive search for nookie and his lack of success at getting satisfaction. Poor Xev, all that “beef” and no tube steak.

[ 18-02-2002: Message edited by: nwmonikr ]

Anonymous

Prime Ridge will be one to add to may all time faves list. I guess it’s a love it or hate it ep! I thought it was both hysterically funny and disturbing at the same time. I’m really enjoying the new episodes, and will be sad to see it end. I thought the funny music was great and made it even more campy!

Anonymous

sgtdraino wonders where he’s seen Stephen McHattie.
    Where I remember him from is Beauty and the Beast (Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman). He played the “crime boss” guy in the last season.

-Walter

Anonymous

Oh I’m too tired — forgot to speak of this ep.
    I liked most of it, for the same reasons others have mentioned. And yeah, Kai’s “dysfunction” was hilarious. ๐Ÿ˜€

Nice eyecandy, too — who played Piffilina? Laura Plant or something? I didn’t quite catch it, and couldn’t find any listing on IMDb.com resembling it.

And Britt Ekland like we’ve never seen her before. ROFL. I almost called my mom to say “Wanna see Britt Ekland like you’ve never seen her before?” but my mom’s got better things to do (I suppose I do too, but I’m a type 13 person. LOL).

-Walter

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Boodlums:
    Oh I’m too tired — forgot to speak of this ep.
    I liked most of it, for the same reasons others have mentioned. And yeah, Kai’s “dysfunction” was hilarious.

Nice eyecandy, too — who played Piffilina? Laura Plant or something? I didn’t quite catch it, and couldn’t find any listing on IMDb.com resembling it.

And Britt Ekland like we’ve never seen her before. ROFL. I almost called my mom to say “Wanna see Britt Ekland like you’ve never seen her before?” but my mom’s got better things to do (I suppose I do too, but I’m a type 13 person. LOL).

What has Britt Ekland been in? I know Stephen McHattie was the Red-Haired Man on The X-Files.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

What has Britt Ekland been in?

Britt Ekland, born in Sweden, was one of the more memorable glamour girls of the 60s and 70s. She married Peter Sellers and co-starred with him in two films, After the Fox and The Bobo. She also had prominent roles in films such as The Night They Raided Minksy’s and Get Carter, and was a Bond Girl, playing Mary Goodnight in The Man With the Golden Gun. She’s best remembered, by me anyway, for her role in the ABSOLUTELY, INCREDIBLY TERRIFIC film The Wicker Man. Also famous for her long-term relationship with Rod Stewart (she’s in the video for “Tonight’s the Night,” if I remember correctly), which, because he tried to take action to stop The Wicker Man from being distributed because Britt’s naked in it (I think a stunt butt was used), caused the film to be advertised as “The Film Rod Stewart Doesn’t Want You To See!!!”

–Aleck

[ 19-02-2002: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Anonymous

Now this was a diffucult episode to make my mind up about – on first watch – I enjoyed the first half and didn’t think much of the second half. Overall – average (maybe influenced because I’d just seen the best Buffy ep of all time on SKYONE)

I’ve seen it three times now and am loving it – agreed it is one to add to my favourite list again. This is definetly the best comedy episode since Xevivor and far better than the last three episodes, which have left me yearning for the old “Lexx” of oldern days…..

P.S – Britt Eckland was fantastic as was the daughter Pickalina !!!

Let’s hope they can keep it up for the last ten episodes……

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Overall – average (maybe influenced because I’d just seen the best Buffy ep of all time on SKYONE)

Let’s hope they can keep it up for the last ten episodes……

off topic here, but i can’t resist asking, which buffy ep are you referring to? am a recent convert myself

Anonymous

Can someone please tell me who played Piccalina in this episode? I need to know! Pleeeeeze?

Anonymous

I was disappointed by this episode.There were a few funny moments, Kai flopping into the freezer and the moth parked in the garage.( What? No 2 moth garages?)I now know what I miss in this season, the Lexx, 790 and the Xev of Season 3.She was developing into a real person and now she is back to “bimbo” status.

Anonymous

The excellent “Once more with feeling” – FX. Simply magnificent – one of my favourite five Buffy’s with Hush, Restless, Body, Becoming & now Once more with feeling.

Glad you have converted, Lexx is still the best, but Buffy is almost as well made imo.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Ydna:
    The excellent “Once more with feeling” – FX. Simply magnificent – one of my favourite five Buffy’s with Hush, Restless, Body, Becoming & now Once more with feeling.

Glad you have converted, Lexx is still the best, but Buffy is almost as well made imo.

yup, just what i needed; more shows to get addicted to …am now watching buffy on fx five days a week plus angel on mondays and buffy current season on tuesdays…haven’t seen once more with feeling but do love hush and body as well…oh hell, i haven’t met a buffy ep i haven’t liked yet…

Anonymous

I saw “Prime Ridge” finally last night. It was a good episode and I can say that I was laughing a bit during it. I was very relieved to see it. I think I AM crazy about this show. It was better than “Texx Lexx”, “Vlad” and “Magic Baby” and wasn’t as embarrasing as some of the moments in “769”, but it still isn’t on my fav’s list. “P4X”, “Xevivor”, “The Rock”, “Walpurgis Night”, “Fluff Daddy”, “A Midsummer’s Nightmare” and “Bad Carrot” are my pick’s for the best in S4, so far. I hope “Mort” is a little better. I can’t wait for “The Game”

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.