Prince and 790 together again, kinda…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Prince and 790 together again, kinda…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Nigel Bennet and Jeff Hircshfield are both in “Do or Die” a Sci-Fi original movie tonight, if you get a chance check it out. It stinks, but its got at least 2 good actors in it =) Jeff plays Nigels henchmen chief.

Both shaved their heads and are sporting Brit accents as well =)

theFrey
    Participant
    Anonymous

Yeah – I was so surprised to see Jeff! I got a kick out of it. Nigel Bennet, as usual, was transcendently wicked!

theFrey
    Participant

So…. in what way did it stink? I missed it unfortunately.

Anonymous

It’s on again this Thursday if anyone wants to check it out. I wont spoil anything until then =)

But to be honest about 35 minutes in I was so annoyed by the movie I watched the rest of it while engaged in other activities. Mainly the acting was atrocious. The lead actress while very pretty and sweet (She was in Earth: Final Conflict as the daughter of Dr. Belman played by Majel Roddenbery) she cant act her way out of a box. She unfortunatly has a face that is constantly twisted in a smug or sneer. The “Infected” were all played by pretty boys and girls including another actress from Earth: Final Conflict whom I adore, but even she couldent save this movie.

That said, Nigel and Jeff are incredible as always especially the former. Mr. Bennet proves once again that he can take any role and make it his own. He plays a very evil effiminite character who among other things plays Master of Ceremonies in a strange game involving two fugitives that are literally drained of their life while the spectators gamble on which will live longer.

An interesting well written script that unfortunatly the Sci-Fi casting department *screwed* up beyond all measure.

edit: Language filter didnt censor my favorite expression! So I changed it, dont want to offend =)

theFrey
    Participant

You know, using the talent of the moment has probably doomed more movies and shows than I could count. I mean really…. just because some one is good in this role to that… does not mean they will be suited to your project. Not even if they are the darling of the hour.

Oh and don’t even get me started on agent packaging… yeah I can get you ZZZZZZ, but you will also have to find something for my other client YYYYY.

Auggggrrrrhhhhh!!!!

lizard
    Participant

Well, if I had know J.Hirshf was in it I would have watched more of the show. I liked N.Bennett, but I too became bored very quickly- I think that I stopped watching 15 minutes or so into the show. It’s funny that you mention the casting, because early on in the show there is supposed to be this room full of bounty hunters (or assassins)– and they look and act about as threatening as a bunch of catalog models! And it’s not that model types can’t play dangerous, threatening or tough characters– look at movies like species, tomb raider etc–

How come the short station ID segments that scifi shows right before the shows come on are more interesting than the shows????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.