Prisoner Quotes

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The Prisoner has lots of great dialogue. What are some of your favourite quotes; the most profound, funniest, whatever?

Some of mine:

“Why?”

“Are you going to run?”
    “Like the blazes first chance I get.”
    “I mean, run for office” (No. 6 speaks to reporter in Free For All).

“I feel a new man” (No. 2 talking about his latest love interest ๐Ÿ˜‰ ~ Fall Out).

BTW, I wrote a review for Arrival HERE, see what you think. Still needs tweaking. I made a few mistakes since I had to hurry up in posting it on early Saturday morning ’cause my wife went into labour — three hours later at 6: AM PST No. 1/2 was born — a girl. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ (Pics to come when I can get my hands on a digital camera).

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

BTW, I wrote a review for Arrival HERE, see what you think. Still needs tweaking. I made a few mistakes since I had to hurry up in posting it on early Saturday morning ’cause my wife went into labour — three hours later at 6: AM PST No. 1/2 was born — a girl. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ (Pics to come when I can get my hands on a digital camera).

๐Ÿ˜€ CONGRATULATIONS, LOGAN!!!!

Welcome to the Village No. 1/2, aka Number 0.5!

(Micro does a happy dance and passes out chocolate cigars)

Fatguy
    Participant

Great news Logan! Congrats to Mom and Dad – I predict many sleepless nights ahead…..hehehehehe. Your world and your outlook on it has now permanently changed (though you may not know it yet) – welcome to the establishment…..

Oh yah….. My favorite Prisoner quote is you telling us about “Number 1/2” being born.

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many, many thanks MicroMary and Maurice, it really means a lot to me! ๐Ÿ˜€ So glad the little bouncing baby ball of love has finally entered the world. ๐Ÿ˜€ The sleepless nights are a little hard to take, but by hook or by crook I will get some shuteye. And since she has a mind of her own, and is showing rebellious tendencies, she’s a little hard to handle. I’m so proud. ๐Ÿ˜€

So, now I offer my very own semi-official sadgeezer.com congratulations to my wife Anita, and to the baby (.5 of 1, but No. 1 in my book) — they really deserve all the credit of course. ๐Ÿ˜€ “That’s one baby-step for infant, one giant leap for babykind.”

FYI, she is 7 and a half pounds, and looks like my wife, but acts like me.

nasym
    Participant

she can type ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Anonymous
    Inactive
    nasym wrote:

she can type ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Certainly! But not very well. Like her father, she suffers from a hereditary condition: Type-O blood. ๐Ÿ˜‰ My wife recommends she take piano lessons ASAP, but my priority is she learn the computer keyboards first. Soon, if all goes well, she’ll be posting like 1/2 a pro.

More Prisoner quotes for the inmates from The General:

No.2: Still trying to ‘leave’ us, Number Six?”
    No.6: Any other questions?

No.6: What are we all looking for?
    Professor’s Wife: Well, let’s see. That gentleman over there, what do you think he’s doing?’
    No.6: Tearing up a book.
    Professor’s Wife: He’s creating a fresh concept. Construction arises from the ashes of destruction… And that woman?’
    No.6: Standing on top of her head.
    Professor’s Wife: She’s developing a new perspective.

pet
    Participant

Well Come to the Village, Number 2 into 1 or 1 over 2! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m glad your Arrival was uneventful!

May “why?” be her first word! Teach her early that Individuality is the expression of Revolt against Society! ๐Ÿ™‚

______________________-

My favorite quotes are anything to do with how stupid cabbages are and:

When They ask in my Village, “Since your area is shut down next week, do you want to work in area A or B?” and when you pick A They say, “Well, we didn’t really want to do that, are you sure you wouldn’t rather work in B?”

or some other nonsense… like this memo given to my Number 2 this week: “We want employee feedback regarding _______. Please choose a group with a positive attitude.”

I often respond with, “We’re democratic… in some ways.”

I also rather like this one:

BTW, your Arrival review is masterful! Your style with the witty commentaries fits right in here with all the other EG’s. I’d never be able to manage that long an essay about it; I’d be editing forever. (Writing it, I mean. Reading it was quite easy!)

I especially enjoyed this:
    Stay tuned for more escape attempts, more sexy unsatisfied women, and more terrifying ball action. Same Sad guide, same Sad channel.

I can hardly wait for more ball action! ๐Ÿ˜€

83;D

Edit: forgot my number! Sorry! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, the quote you linked to is a blast! Now which episode is that from? … Doh! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the kind words regarding Number 1/2 (I plan on posting the Unmutual 1/2 pics later today when we can borrow a digital camera — thanks again :D) and on the review — from as talented an individual as yourself it means a lot. I lost a lot of what I wrote in my haste, but I’ve grown accustomed to writing rather spontaneously, and usually when I’m half-asleep. When I’m alert I’m far to critical of what I write — edit, hack, chop — and can’t JUST do it (get it done warts and all). I tried for a sadgeezerish quality, was afraid it was far more sad than geezer.

That’s cool how your workplace has become so Prisoneresque, most of my workplaces have just been prisonish — not so good.

No. 6: “Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment, and will die here like rotten cabbages” (Free For All)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Number 1/2 ๐Ÿ˜€

Wardrobe and props courtesy of Pet! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

And here’s my half a Prisoner quote:

“It’s half of one, .5 of another.”

And of course “UNMUTUAL” ๐Ÿ™‚

pet
    Participant

CUTE!!!

83 ;D

Jhevz
    Participant

Ahhhhhh, Logan, they’re cute; what an adorable baby, you’ll get a lot of joy from him/her. A lot of sleepless nights right now, then crawling stage, then toddler stage (which means the terrible 2s), then grade school, then uh-oh, teenage & before you know it, they’re all grown up; these are precious yrs you & your wife will ever spend with your child, you’ll be great parents. :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Congrats to both you & your wife for a precious bundle of joy.

Prisoner Fan to Prisoner Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pet: She looks absolutely adorable in her little outfit. Wonderful!

Jhevz: Thanks for your message. A LOT of sleepless nights *yawn*

Tomorrow we’re planning on making a little excursion to my parents home (her biggest trip yet), which segues adequately into the following quote:

Number 48: “Thanks for the trip, dad.”

And now I bid you adieu,

Be seeing you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-No. 5

methinks this should have been a pub topic, but I decided this way I could mention it somewhat, as it were, in passing — nice and casual *no. 5 desperately tries to keep his cool facade* ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant

Wow Logan – that is one cute girl! If I was a baby again, I would ask her out on a date….. ๐Ÿ˜› Be prepared for the gruelling competition of baby contests (I won one 8) ). Have fun on the long weekend!

Maurice

Anonymous

Logan, so this is where you hid the announcement โ—

Congratulations to you and Anita. Adorable!! Takes after the wife huh? No. 1/2 today, No. 1 tomorrow: you’re in trouble now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

elmey

Anonymous
    Inactive

๐Ÿ˜† Maurice, she is a real cutie. I’m sure you would have made a a most beautiful couple. ๐Ÿ˜€ I don’t know about putting her through the whole baby beauty contest routine, those babies are fiercely competitive!

Elmey, ๐Ÿ˜€ yep, hidden away in some obscure section of the site. Oh wait, that was changed, this is now the Other Cult Sci Fi section. ๐Ÿ˜€ Nope, if she’s going to be exposed to the watchful eyes of the net community, then I wanted it to be in The Village: I hear the surveillance is top-notch! Also, she doesn’t yet have a name, so here where we’re all really just numbers anyway seemed most fitting.

Missed you muchly around the forum BTW. You people are doing a wonderful job with the Cons. Wish I could go, wonder how many Prisoners will be at Dragon Con? At the very least, we Village People provide great entertainment… ๐Ÿ˜†

“There have to be some security secrets kept from a late Number 2” (paraphrased from Fall Out)

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜€

Awww, she a real cutie!!! I disagree about the “unmutual” label she’s already been given. She hasn’t been in the village long enough to be labeled. Besides, she doesn’t seem to mind wearing HER number, unlike some disharmonious Numbers we’re familiar with.

Number Nine
    Number Nine
    Number Nine

nasym
    Participant

Ur a lucky men Logan… and If you think these sleep-less nights are bad. Just think of the ones u’ll have when she turnes 15 and dosnt come home fore the hole night ๐Ÿ˜•

Jhevz
    Participant

Logan,
    I’ll telly you all about the fun I had at Dragon*Con & telly you all about the Lexx stars, the other Sci-Fi guests I met there & if there were any Prisoner fans there; I’ll be taking pictures with both my disposible camera, then my new digital camera for others who couldn’t go to see & admire them.
    You’ll have fun with you new daughter & will enjoy her company emmensely. Take care & have a great Summer.

Prisoner fan to Sci-Fi Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

streudel
    Participant

Awww! She is absolutely precious, Logan! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood. ๐Ÿ˜€ She will bring you and your wife more joy than you ever thought possible.

Congratulations!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Micro 9: You are right of course. She shouldnty YET be labeled unmutual or disharmonious, but I think if you heard her cry you would agree that she is unmelodious. ๐Ÿ˜‰

(on a side note: As far as I’m concerned, she has already “gloriously vindicated the right of the individual to be individual”, and I rise to her.) ๐Ÿ˜€

Nasym: Ah the joys of parenthood, I can hardly wait for her teens! ๐Ÿ˜† Actually, the advantage to raising her in the Viilage is: If she starts to show rebellious tendencies as a teen we have “instant social conversion” to help her to properly adjust to acceptable community life. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh, and we have a big bouncy ball (Rover) to guard her and make sure she doesn’t get into any real trouble… ๐Ÿ˜‰

“If any further complaint is lodged against you, it will be necessary to propose you for the treatment known as ‘Instant Social Conversion’.”

Really, it will be a balancing act between allowing her freedoms, and taking an authoritarian stance.

“Youth with its enthusiasms, which rebels against any accepted norms because it must, and we sympathise…”

Observer Jhevz: Looking forward to your DragonCon report, and your surveillance photos! Have fun at DragonCon, don’t do anything my daughter wouldn’t do. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Supervisor: “Orange Alert, Observer spotted in the vicinity of Michael McManus. Contact imminent.” ๐Ÿ˜‰

Agent Streudel: Many thanks! She already is bringing us more joy than I thought possible, and I’m sure there’ll be lots more to come! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

“Goodnight children . . . Everywhere”

-No. 5

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.