Prisoner…

• This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Has anyone else seen Prisoner, which is, in my opinion, the best drmama show ever to come out of the Australian drama industry?

Anonymous

Are you talking about the show with Patrick McGoohan (I think that’s his name) as Number 6?

[ 23-07-2002: Message edited by: Killer Bunny ]

Anonymous

???
    You must be referring to The Prisoner, I think it’s the Brit Prisoner. I’m talking about Prisoner: Cell Block H. It’s just called Prisoner in the credits at the start, but P:CBH is it’s proper title.
    Basically, it’s about a group of women in Cell Block H at Wentworth Women’s Prison. There are very few consistant charactors, even the Governership has switched hands!
    I swear they have a hundred actresses!
    Oh… and a few actors.

Anonymous

there was me thinking that Cell Block H was comedy….

Anonymous

LOL!
    As long as Bev’s around, P:CBH isn’t in the least comical.
    I myself would stop watching Prisoner because of Bev if not for the fact that key events happen nearly every episode. Bev’s a psycho!

Anonymous
    Inactive

testing..

Anonymous

Yep, weird huh!?

The original posters membership details became corrupted – I therefore reregistered the member as UNREGISTERED.

Could the original poster please emial me with their details so that I can reconstruct their membership profile

For further information on SadBOARD problems, please see the ‘Bloody UBB’ post in this forum.

Anonymous

classic show, Prisoner- in the mold of the original ‘Crossroads’. slam a door or the gates shut, and the walls would wobble!!
    Bev? don’t remember Bev. I remember Bea- big woman with red hair. now there was a woman who knew how to deal with a man…

…is it me, or is this board dog slow tonight???

Anonymous

Me again. Bea was a good charactor. I actually started watching when Sandy was top dog, though, and Bea was ill. The episode after Sandy was mushed up by the Cleanaway truck (I avoid them) we had Austar cut off so I never did find out what happened to Bea.
    I read about it and I actually nearly cried.

Anonymous

I don’t believe it, we have enough of our own crappy soaps in Coronation st and Eastenders as well as a whole host of other mind numbing and boring Oz soaps like neighbours and Home and Away, it’s cheap and nasty T.V and for some reason the people in the UK class the actors in them as actors, worsr still superstars!?!, they are poor and once they leave these crap programmes they go on to make adverts, which is all they were good for in the first place.
    Prisoner Cell Block H is no different, it’s a depressing and glum t.v programme, going over the typical rubbish soaps have in them, you know the usual ooh I’m shocked routines, murder, rape, lesbians, gays, boring, boring, boring…been there done that routines.
    Prisoner was like watching something with a dark depressing cloud covering your vision, if you felt bad about your life and was very depressed and considering suicide, well watching this would push you one step closer…simply put another example of large networks trying to justify the licence fee with cheap, boring T.V filled with crap actors. I don’t think I have seen the BBC or any terrestrial channel spend money on a FX filled entertainment programme like say Buffy or Dark Angel, no why should they when they can carry on conning everyone with these cheap soaps.
    This is why I think Sky is a godsend, anything to get away from the daily diet of gardening programmes, soaps, yet another homemade drama (yawn) and a good old 80’s film to round up another cheap night of broadcasting from these depressing channels.
    Sorry to go on, but Prisoner is another example of crap programming at it’s very best!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Prisoner Cell Block H is no different, it’s a depressing and glum t.v programme, going over the typical rubbish soaps have in them, you know the usual ooh I’m shocked routines, murder, rape, lesbians, gays, boring, boring, boring…been there done that routines.

What gays?

Anonymous

So Squishy,

I take it you don’t like the show…..

Don’t think TV in the States is any better.
    We have the pleasure of “reality TV”: shows like Survivor, (it should only be anything like Xevivor!) Fear Factor, Dog eat Dog, Bachelor, Bachelorette, the mewling whiners on Real World (real world hah!) and more being threatened every day. Not only are these lost souls all over our TV’s, we then have to read about their crappy lives in newspapers and magazines ….my TV is off more than it’s on nowadays. Oops, I think this has turned into a rant

elmey

Anonymous

i must admit, if i watched P:CBH again now, i’d probably end up agreeing with Squishy!!!
    the awful thing is i can still remember quite a bit about it, even after 13-14 years!!

hi, elmey- you’ve given me an idea for a new thread!! The crappiest tv shows of all time i’ll have a think, and i’ll come up with a list of my opinions!! Big Brother will be in there somewhere..

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    So Squishy,

I take it you don’t like the show…..

Don’t think TV in the States is any better.
    We have the pleasure of “reality TV”: shows like Survivor, (it should only be anything like Xevivor!) Fear Factor, Dog eat Dog, Bachelor, Bachelorette, the mewling whiners on Real World (real world hah!) and more being threatened every day. Not only are these lost souls all over our TV’s, we then have to read about their crappy lives in newspapers and magazines ….my TV is off more than it’s on nowadays. Oops, I think this has turned into a rant

elmey

I’m picking on Prisoner exclusively, it’s just that it’s one of the many tiresome shows that show up on our screens.
    And unfortunately we have these reality shows as well, and they are just as bad, like Snooklepie has mentioned, Big Brother is the owrst of the bunch followed by the godawful Pop Idol.
    It’s a ridiculous state of affairs when the main national newspaper is more interested in following the antics of some dopy, stupid cow called Jade than following the worlds events on it’s front page.
    It really makes me laugh when these sad people then start to believe they are superstars, they start going to celebrity events and parties, thinking they’re something that they are not. But the public soon tire of them, like the runners up of Popstars…Hearsay, are on the ropes and failing in the pop world, no less than they deserve.
    This country’s t.v public continues to allow these idiot programmes to exist, mainly I suppose because the crap terrestrial channels have the monopoly on what these people are forced to watch.
    Maybe be that America has it’s fair share of crap, but a least there is some diversity on offer and you have creative people over there that will try something new, we in the UK only get a small selection of the best America has to offer, the rest of it is the mundane soaps and unoriginal and uninteresting reality shows.
    Squishy

Anonymous

you’ve given me an idea for a new thread!! The crappiest tv shows of all time i’ll have a think, and i’ll come up with a list of my opinions!! Big Brother will be in there somewhere..

It would be a good thread, but there’s sooooo many choices. I’ll have to work on it but I think it will definitely include
    Touched by an Angel. And for those who’ve never heard of it, count your blessings.

Maybe be that America has it’s fair share of crap, but a least there is some diversity on offer

It just seems like diversity because we have so many channels, but you’d be surprised by how little that’s new and different we really get. Considering how many hours there are to fill, you’d think we’d get a few more programs taking chances. By the way, I know you’d love the House and Garden network Squishy–decorating and gardening, all day, every day.

Ahem, to borrow a page from Flamegrape’s book:

So I bought a .44 magnum it was solid steel cast
      And in the blessed name of Elvis well I just let it blast
      ‘Til my TV lay in pieces there at my feet
      And they busted me for disturbin’ the almighty peace
      Judge said “What you got in your defense son?”
      “Fifty-seven channels and nothin’ on”
      I can see by your eyes friend you’re just about gone
      Fifty-seven channels and nothin’ on…
      Fifty-seven channels and nothin’on

(Springsteen)

elmey

Anonymous

Big Brother is the owrst of the bunch followed by the godawful Pop Idol.

What’s the name of the acerbic judge who was brought over to the US version of Pop Idol? (I hope I’m thinking of the right show this time.) Good Lord, I can’t imagine what it must be like to judge one of those shows. After the fiftieth rendition of the theme from “The Bodyguard”, I think I’d be ready to fashion a makeshift brace for a more personal elimination of contestants.

Anonymous

It just seems like diversity because we have so many channels, but you’d be surprised by how little that’s new and different we really get. Considering how many hours there are to fill, you’d think we’d get a few more programs taking chances. By the way, I know you’d love the House and Garden network Squishy–decorating and gardening, all day, every day.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh….Nnnnnnnnooooooo, well at least it’s all stuck on one channel.
    I think it’s still a safe bet that you get to see far more than us, I’ve seen a whole list of programmes that get axed or just don’t get seen outside the U.S, I get the impression that the US cable networks are very similar to Sky over here, besides, think yourself lucky you don’t have to suffer the boring BBC or the drab ITV, it would be a real culture shock for you, you’d think you’d come to a third world country after watching the rubbish they show.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Killer Bunny:

What’s the name of the acerbic judge who was brought over to the US version of Pop Idol? (I hope I’m thinking of the right show this time.) Good Lord, I can’t imagine what it must be like to judge one of those shows. After the fiftieth rendition of the theme from “The Bodyguard”, I think I’d be ready to fashion a makeshift brace for a more personal elimination of contestants.

Oh him, another one of your ‘I’m a superstar, bow before me’ non-entity british record idiots, his name I think is Simon Cowell or something like that, I heard that Paula Abdul almost belted him one!, certainly deserves it, he’s a nobody who thinks he’s a somebody, I really hope that crap programme fails over there so he comes back a failure.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    Oh him, another one of your ‘I’m a superstar, bow before me’ non-entity british record idiots, his name I think is Simon Cowell or something like that, I heard that Paula Abdul almost belted him one!, certainly deserves it, he’s a nobody who thinks he’s a somebody, I really hope that crap programme fails over there so he comes back a failure.

I believe I read somewhere that he is/was (I don’t know if the show is still running here; I’ve never caught an episode) a pretty popular aspect of the show in the States. I don’t know what the ratings are, but the Fox network has certainly been promoting the hell out of it, with Cowell’s face all over the ads.

Anonymous

I CANT BELIEVE THIS ****!!!!

I have always seen SadGeezer.com as THE place to be if you can understand quality television!!!!!!!!

And some dude starts talking about Prisoner, the crappiest crappy crap ever to be shown infront of my noble eyes……

When TV4 in Sweden decided to stop airing Lexx after the second season NOTHING would make them change their mind……

But a group of old ladys in Stockholm who liked Prisoner could just gather a couple of names on a paper and !WHAM! TV4 buy 700 episodes of Prisoner!!!!!

There is an ancient Viking saying in Sweden:

“Prisoner, the only show with more episodes then viewers´´

Anonymous

And some dude starts talking about Prisoner,

I AM NOT A DUDE!!! For heaven’s sakes, I’m not even a guy!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.