Proposed: New UK Buffy Spinoff

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Proposed: New UK Buffy Spinoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This just in form Sci Fi Wire:

Marti Noxon–co-executive producer of The WB’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer–told SCI FI Wire that creator Joss Whedon is talking with the BBC about a spinoff series centered on the character of Giles. “There is the possibility of a limited series with the BBC, starring Anthony Head,” Noxon said in an interview. “It’s not a done deal, but this is in discussion. There’s an idea of taking the Giles character and doing a limited series in Britain next year, maybe just a limited run … like a miniseries, perhaps, turning into a series.”

The full article also mentions some of the story arc for the next series and it can be found here:
    Sci Fi Wire Buffy Article

——————

Anonymous

It’d better be a miniseries. Otherwise it might be the beginning of a disturbing trend. Build up your characters, split some off into another series, introduce new characters to build up.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

This could be just another rumour being spread by the Buffy production team to drive the fans wild. Theres currently several sets of spoilers being circulated regarding the end of Buffy’s season 5.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by MUDLOCK:
    This could be just another rumour being spread by the Buffy production team to drive the fans wild. There’s currently several sets of spoilers being circulated regarding the end of Buffy’s season 5.

Yep, I’ve heard that a couple of times. It seems that if the ratings fall off a little (and I don’t know if they have) then the spin doctors start pumping out lots of stuff to help get back some interest in the show.

However, I think that this one might be genuine, I heard that Mr Head was upset at being away from his family for so long during the shooting of the series.

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited May 07, 2001).]

Anonymous

What would giles series be about?
    Im a american steriotypical version of a englishman(reseved libarian excentric) I have no job im not a watcher anymore and I have almost no storylines exept the shock revelation that i like to sing.

I realy hope this this is a hoax cos there isnt realy much of a character to buld a whole episode around let alone a mini series.

——————
    Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you die ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

You obviously don’t watch much Buffy.
    Giles aka “Ripper”, who’s hobbies include (or have included) Black magic, summoning Demons, Beating **** through Ethan Rayne, and of course singing!
    As for not being a watcher anymore, here’s an update.
    Watchers council come to test Buffy, Buffy says screw you guys give me info on Glory and give Giles his job back (salary paid retroactively).
    Plus the last few women he’shagged have all died, and apart from knowing he summoned Eyghon we really dont know what he did when
    “I spent the [early 70’s] in an electric Koolaid funky Satan groove”

I’d say there’s *a little* potential for development.

crusader
    Participant

I agree! Theres mutch about him that we dont know and would like to know!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

ok maybe they could reveal more about giles and turn him into a decent character but the show will probley sill be made by americans with no idea about what english people are realy like, and the potential for crap acents and bad regional dialect is still very big.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Bekka:
    Im a american steriotypical version of a englishman(reseved libarian excentric) I have no job im not a watcher anymore and I have almost no storylines exept the shock revelation that i like to sing.

I realy hope this this is a hoax cos there isnt realy much of a character to buld a whole episode around let alone a mini series.

WHAT?!? The Ripper kicks some serious buttocks! It gave me chills and a half, up and down my spine as he sat there cleaning his glasses talking about how civil and decent Buffy was because she couldn’t kill Glory, knowing full well that he was going to calmly reach over and snuff Ben’s life right out of him, as casually as snuffing out a candle. Giles is the MAN! In addition, apparently, as The Ripper, he was the kick-ass man! Therefore, I can very easily see them building a show around Gilesey, mild-mannered excuse-me-while-I-put-you-to-death-in-a-grisly-fashion Librarian. But, I must have more Spike. What of Spike? I need more Spike dagnabbit!

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited June 10, 2001).]

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I think that it could be a great show. I read that Anthony Stewart Head will be on recurring status next year on Buffy, so maybe he could use his spare time to do this show. Giles is a great character.
    Spoiler for those who haven’t seen the Buffy season finale
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    I couldn’t believe it when he killed Ben! I have such respect for Giles now!

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    WHAT?!? The Ripper kicks some serious buttocks! It gave me chills and a half, up and down my spine as he sat there cleaning his glasses talking about how civil and decent Buffy was because she couldn’t kill Glory, knowing full well that he was going to calmly reach over and snuff Ben’s life right out of him, as casually as snuffing out a candle. Giles is the MAN! In addition, apparently, as The Ripper, he was the kick-ass man! Therefore, I can very easily see them building a show around Gilesey, mild-mannered excuse-me-while-I-put-you-to-death-in-a-grisly-fashion Librarian. But, I must have more Spike. What of Spike? I need more Spike dagnabbit!

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited June 10, 2001).]

I agree. And more Spike is needed. There is no such thing as too much Spike.

Oh, and Giles is up there too. I think he’s a much more interesting character than Buffy. And, besides, he pretty attractive for an older man.

[This message has been edited by tolandria (edited June 14, 2001).]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.