quantum leap…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    manicgpz
    Participant

can anyone please tell me what happened at the end of the quantum leap series? I think I have seen every episode except the last and I don’t know if he finally ‘made it home’…..
    cable tv over here in the UK are showing the whole series, but like, if i have to watch the whole series again i think i will go absolutely flippin’ mad (good series, but not watchable more than 2 times!)

would you please not shooot at the nuclear warhead?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know if it was the last one, but I remember him meeting a guy in a pub who claimed to the the person directing his leaps

Rag
    Participant

Don’t quote me on this (not being an avid fan of the series), but I thought he didn’t get home. I seem to recall someone telling me that it just sort of fizzled out at the end, with no real conclusion.

Anonymous

Sam ended up leaping into a bar of a small mining town. All of the miners frequented this bar after work, and almost every single one of them were people that Sam met in previous leaps, yet they had different names and past histories.

Of the folks that Sam didnt recognized ended up being Al’s great uncle. An old slovakian man (who i think was played by Dean Stockwell). The other person was the bartender who seemed to know exactly who Sam was, and why he was here. The bartender ends up telling Sam that he alone can control the leaps, where, when and who. What he changes can directly conflict with any rules of his team, it doesnt matter just as long as he knows its right.

The timeline ends up being on the very day Sam was born, so that ends up being the thing that prevents them from finding him. And because Sam has a hard time dealing with the fact that almost everyone he knows is someone he has leaped into, it becomes a harder job trying to keep a trace on his brainwaves. Also during this episode, Sam once again displays his bravery in helping a miner from dying in a cave in.

The episode is basically depressing, and does NOT have a happy ending at all. In addition to the information that the bartender already gave him, he tells Sam that this timeline he has the ability to take a sebatical/vacation, its at this point does Sam realize that the leaps will soon be getting MUCH harder. He almost begins to cry at the sound of this bad news, and soon after this, the team loses Sam forever.

Sam believes that the bartender is God, or at least a messenger for him. Before he loses Al in hologram form, he remembers the moments before he took the first leap. He remembers some form or force grabing him, someone had disrupted the leap, and made it go haywire. Sam belives the bartender was working for this force, which chose Sam to do his job as some sort of Guardian Angel. So instead of just traveling through time like a teenager with his parents car, his job ends up being to change history for the better. To right that which was once wronged, and they hand picked Sam as the man to do this.

So one by one, everyone in the bar leaps, but they dont leap into someone, they just dissapear. This ends up being the first time Sam has witnessed a leap for he had never seen what it really looked like. The last thing said in the bar is the bartender himself, blessing him for his good deeds then everything fades.

The next thing you know, Sam leaps as himself (and not into someone else) into the end of the episode where Al tried to get Sam to talk to his 1st wife into waiting for him while he was a POW. She is startled at first, but Sam tells him all about Al, how he was captured in combat and is still alive. He tells her that no matter what, to wait for him. She believes this and once again the screen fades.

We soon see some captions stating that Al’s 1st wife had waited for him. They had 6 or 7 daughters, and Al never remarried. Sam had changed history for the better, yet he did it for his best friend, something he should have done years ago.

The very last thing we read in captions is about how Sam never came home.

So basically it ends on a downer, Sam leaps into infinity. We dont know where he goes, we dont know if he comes back. It really does open up ideas for one hell of a movie.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Evil_Lister:
    It really does open up ideas for one hell of a movie.

…which SciFi is in the process of making. From what I’ve read from their press releases this movie (or two part miniseries) will NOT be a continuation of Sam (Scott Bakula’s) story but instead will create a new story. This production is intended to be a backdoor pilot or test run for a possible new series.

manicgpz
    Participant

o god, that was confusing….hope this new film is a bit more straight forward, thanx to all that helped….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.