Quantum Trek!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Sci Fi Crowsnest are reporting that Scott Bakula who played Sam Becket will play the lead (Captain) in the new Star Trek Series featuring the 22nd centuary Star Trek.

Other snippets of gossip include the supposed dislike of all things Vulcan (Apparently he blames the Vulcans for many of Earths problems) – I think it was the Vulcans who found and contacted Earth in the first place wasn’t it?

Any other rumours?

——————

Anonymous

Yes, it was the vulcans that made first contact.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

i thought they should have gone further into the future and i heard that they were thinking about doing that and including a faction of borg (i borg-episode) that was peaceful to the Federation and having some sort of civil war, this of course looks to have been started in voyager.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Teknikly it was the Borg that made first contact!!! (Long story)

By the way! Witch year was season 4 of Voyager filmed?

Is Voyager in the same timeline as the TNG movies? I mean is the stardate the same in a TNG move as in an Voyage episode filmed the same year?

——————
    I am the crusader

Christine Carroll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Teknikly it was the Borg that made first contact!!! (Long story)

By the way! Witch year was season 4 of Voyager filmed?

Is Voyager in the same timeline as the TNG movies? I mean is the stardate the same in a TNG move as in an Voyage episode filmed the same year?

Hey Crusader!!!! In answer to your question: I don’t know EXACTLY where in the timeline they are together… but I do remember watching voyager and having them talk about Captain Picard and the enterprise …. as as part of the past( Not very long time ago though) also…. in one of the eps they do some kind of teleportation thing or time jump and Commander Riker is sent to Voyager as alittle older then in TNG so I think Voyager is set any were between 1-20 years AFTER TNG… Hope this helps!!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

crusader
    Participant

Thanks!!!

If somebody knows anything eles, please feal free to post it!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

All Good Things… took place on stardate 47988.1, Caretaker part 1 began on stardate 48315.6, so there was a period of about eleven months between the end of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the beginning of Star Trek: Voyager.

In real time, filming for the latter episode began only days after Star Trek: Generations was wrapped up, and parts of it were filmed simultaneously with the final episode of the earlier series.

So there wasn’t that big a gap.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

ummm the borg coulnt of made first contact they never even went down to earth.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Oh yes they where! They tried to stop First contact and the peapel of earth meat them before thr Volcans made contact!
    But thanks to Picard and his crue, they faild to stop First contact and contact the outher Borg fore backup!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

people mean pulral only one human from the 22nd century ever met a borg and that was the woman up on the enterpise the borg never beamed down to the planet!!!

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought the Ferengi made first contact…:P

crusader
    Participant

Are you shure?

Well, it counts fore contact anyway!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Anyone remember that episode where the Enterprise has to go back and stop some guy from messing with a rocket launch, only the guy was supposed to mess with the rocket launch? (okay, insomnia, so this isn’t going to sound too coherent) Anyway, the guy was very futuristic, though he tried to blend in and he had a black cat that turned into a woman whenever Teri Garr looked at her? But, when Teri Garr tried to point the woman out, she’d be a cat again? Anyway, the time frame this took place in was pre-contact and I think it would be really groovy to dig those characters out of mothballs, ‘cuz I think they had some good potential for play and development but someone forget to bring them back out for a go. Of, they’d have to use different actors now since they’re all much older now. And, that would put them right around the time of this new show’s time frame, wouldn’t it? (man, I’ve got to turn in…later!)

Anonymous

Vulcans? Ferengi? No, it was the tribbles. First contact was definitely made with the tribbles… (c:

About Scott Bakula – oh boy! I was utterly peeved when I first read about the new series, but I really like the idea of seeing Scott Bakula on my telly again…I loved Quantum Leap! I hope this rumour is correct!

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

DalekTek790
    Participant

BlackCloud-The episode you’re thinking of is Assignment: Earth, original series, second season. It was something of a pilot for a proposed spinoff series, but the series was never produced due to lack of interest.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by littlestar:
    Vulcans? Ferengi? No, it was the tribbles. First contact was definitely made with the tribbles

Naaa. First contact was made by ME (but I did have a furry tribble and a gremlin in my pocket).

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited April 30, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    BlackCloud-The episode you’re thinking of is Assignment: Earth, original series, second season. It was something of a pilot for a proposed spinoff series, but the series was never produced due to lack of interest.

Aah, yes, thank you Dalek! That is one of my better tongue-in-cheek episodes. I would have liked to see more like it. Ah, well, at least WitchBlade is back (oops, not too off/topic! )

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.