Re affermation of Love and LUST of LEXX!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Re affermation of Love and LUST of LEXX!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    starmanjohn
    Participant

I have been away awhile but i mysteriously got drawn back!Maybe its the extreme lust of ZEV and Xev!Maybe i love this site.Here we are in 2005 and nothing like Lexx on T.V. in the whole world!What went wrong?If their are more addicts like me who periodically go through “flashbacks”then extreme Lexx withdraw lets talk about it.I get my routine fix from sadgeezer photos,they help!Its been years and i cant get Lexx off the brain! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

imminentdisaster
    Participant

I”m still drooling and its like well millenia’s since it hit the tv screens…~sniff, sniff~ miss it so much…

KarubaLuna
    Participant

I find myself in an odd position. If I were a religious person, I might say that Lexx is my church. Not that I worship His Shadow or anything, but it’s where I go to check out all the baked goods, share gossip on the latest planetary plagues and and flirt in very chaste way. It’s all very surreal how this show has affected my little world.

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

developed it’s own little interactive community!! It’s funny..how one little TV show could affect one’s life view the way that that one did!! The creativity of the thing inspired creativity in almost everyone, who watched it,..or so it seemed to me!!

“On the fragile wings through the dawn of a dream…

A big bug came through the mist,

It would seem…

It’s body was of husk…..

It’s wings were of satin…

I think that critter was the size of Manhatten!!

It took flight every Friday night..

.A few hours of “Kai-watching” made everything right….

Our joy filled hearts would happily take flight….

On the wings of “Kai-drooling”…

If MM’s wig was just “just right!!”

Oh Kai! My heart fills with love anew…

As I think of the Friday nights,

We droolers spent with you!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ™„

Alas! The Lexx died!!

The Brunnin G imploded!!

And the tears of us droolers exploded!!

So till that shining and glorious day,

Alantic makes a Lexx movie and puts the Firefly at bay!”………….. ๐Ÿ™„

(might be continued!…)

(This piece of poetic drivel is subject to Stanelle returning to revise it as soon as her stomach settles!!)

KarubaLuna
    Participant
    mysteriesofthesea wrote:

developed it’s own little interactive community!! It’s funny..how one little TV show could affect one’s life view the way that that one did!! The creativity of the thing inspired creativity in almost everyone, who watched it,..or so it seemed to me!!

“On the fragile wings through the dawn of a dream…
    A big bug came through the mist,
    It would seem…
    It’s body was of husk…..
    It’s wings were of satin…
    I think that critter was the size of Manhatten!!
    It took flight every Friday night..
    .A few hours of “Kai-watching” made everything right….
    Our joy filled hearts would happily take flight….
    On the wings of “Kai-drooling”…
    If MM’s wig was just “just right!!”
    Oh Kai! My heart fills with love anew…
    As I think of the Friday nights,
    We droolers spent with you!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ™„
    Alas! The Lexx died!!
    The Brunnin G imploded!!
    And the tears of us droolers exploded!!
    So till that shining and glorious day,
    Alantic makes a Lexx movie and puts the Firefly at bay!”………….. ๐Ÿ™„

(might be continued!…)

(This piece of poetic drivel is subject to Stanelle returning to revise it as soon as her stomach settles!!)

There! Edit that! LOL!

Great poem, sweetie! It’s funny though, Lexx did inspire a lot of creativity in me too. I owe my pottery and my initial forays into the world of lotions and potions to the Lexx. Why do you suppose it is that it inspired so much creativity in the community that followed it? It is an interesting phenomenon. ๐Ÿ˜€

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

watched Lexx were creative to begin with as you said. The Lexx never followed any given accepted Scifi path,..it broke it’s own path!! If you were like me,..you were tired of the tried and true path set by “Star Dreck” and other formula TV shows. I do believe it is that odd twist of thought that the creators made this show with was a sort of ‘stimulant” to us Lexxians,..don’t you?

KarubaLuna
    Participant

No doubt you are right. If I recall correctly, when I first watched Lexx I found the move away from the formulaic really freeing. I was thrilled to see a program that allowed human beings in space to be fully human, and that didn’t try to whitewash our basic drives and needs. I guess the kind of acceptance Lexx had for feelings of inadequacy, loss, all kinds of sexuality and different ways of being alive in the universe kinda freed up something in me too when I watched it. Was it this way for you?

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

Where I live, folks all have one way of thinking. You either think with the “herd,”…,or you are not supposed to be thinking at all!

Certain folks say things…..and that is the way that things are supposed to be..i..e…”socially,” these folks create their own reality!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ก

(example: People at the arena,..the Dome in New Orleans were killing and shooting each other because they had no food and water and because the Civil authorities were unable to enforce the law. ๐Ÿ˜•

Politicians were trying to come on TV and congratulate each other over the “aid,” that was being sent to New Orleans…while folks like me were watching on CNN and could see that there was NO aid being sent to New Orleans!!! Politics was creating it’s own reality!! ๐Ÿ™

Same thing is happening now in other areas of the gulf!! New Orleans is getting a lot of attention in the news,…so every politician around wants to have his or her picture taken in New Orleans on the news because the world’s attention on that city is getting “help” now.
    ๐Ÿ™

However,..in the little backwaters and parishes around New Orleans,..the news is that FEW are recieving help because theyare not considered newsworthy!..ie..politicians are creating their own reality and ignoring the real realty!!

Texas after Hurricane Rita got far better treatment than Louisiana. Heh! Texas has it’s own reality!! After all, President Bush IS from Texas!!!)
    ๐Ÿ˜•
    Lexx seems to have the “knack” of accepting all realities and presenting them equally. ๐Ÿ™‚

Do you find this to be true,..Karuba?

KarubaLuna
    Participant

Well, not being American I know very little of what is going on in Louisana or Texas and can’t comment. I do think I understand what you mean about herd thinking. I’ve been very disappointed during my own lifetime to see that the younger people coming up after me seem to be more conservative in outlook and less likely to question societal norms and mass-thinking than the generation ahead of me. I would have thought that society would become more free-thinking with time. Instead, it seems free-thinkers have become more rare. Thodin in the arena comes to mind – shouting “Rise up! You are all slaves!” to thousands of people who were incapable of thinking outside of His Shadow’s world.

I don’t know about Lexx addressing different realities. One has to be careful not to overthink Lexx. What wisdom there is in it, I suspect, was unintentional. To my point of view, Lexx was a wonderful frolic by a bunch of partying, maritime Beans (salty Beans, arrrgh). Although they flaunted some conventions they stuck rigorously to others. But for making a program in which disappointment featured rather largely, and failure and ineptitude could be counted on, I will always be grateful to them. The characters of Lexx rarely got what they wanted, but they always picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and continued on for no other grand purpose than because they had no choice. I would like to know what you mean about the different realities though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

lizard
    Participant

Sigh– reading lexx poetry makes me go all sentimental–well partly sentimental and partly 790ish!

๐Ÿ˜›

Yes, Lexx was my favorite cartoon.

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

but, IMO,..it passed beyond the cartoon stag into sort of a “modern mythology” and has taken us where no scifi TV show has before….except i can’t say,..off the bat,…just where!! Heh! ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.