Reasons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    irish_firegrl88
    Participant

What was everyone’s reason to get into this show? I remember about a year ago I was flipping through the channels and noticed this was on. I had never watched it before ’cause I thought it would be completely stupid. the show was the one where there was the parallel universe and the Vamp Willow was reaking havoc in sunnydale. I thought it was interesting and I could learn more mythology and folk lore stuff from it. How about you guys?

Rag
    Participant

To my shame it was the movie. I am a lover of crap movies, and that qualifies as a poor film. So needless to say I loved it to bits.

Much later I heard they had turned it into a series, so I thought I’d check it out. Wasn’t sure about the new lass, Sarah Michelle summink, but instantly loved the style of it. The one liners were what really dragged me in. It was just a fantastic balance of humour, action, loveable characters and above all… it was fantasticly scripted.

FX
    Participant

two novembers ago, started watching buffy and the buffyspeak just sucked me in ๐Ÿ˜€ i love what joss and marty do with language/pop references , and i particularly loved the way one of the characters would finally say something serious, and then immediately make fun of it (my favorite is still the quote by giles ” a vampire in love with a slayer, how poetic….in a maudlin sort of way”, followed closely by angel telling buffy how he wanted to protect her heart, and she says ‘that’s really beautiful…or taken literally, really gross’ )

it’s sad that the memories of the movie kept me from watching the series until it was in syndication

as far as the folklore stuff; the buffy writers mostly make it up as they go along, some ‘factual’ stuff but mostly whatever drives the storyline

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.