Recent downtime

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry about the site being down just now guys, just noticed that the site was offline (don’t know how long for) and it took me a while to reconfigure the database.

Fatguy
    Participant

It has been up and down for the last several days; but today was not too bad. I see that some of our posts have disappeared…..I got hollered at in the “what is goining on here” thread – now gone…..perhaps the Gods are smiling down at me….. ๐Ÿ˜†

Fatguy
    Participant

Hey Cat: I am impressed with your efforts to recover everyone’s post (shows the admin. values the cotribution of others). Whatever happened to this board is making me nervous – I got to take care of some things…..

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. Unfortunately I can only restore those posts that I have archived by email, and it’s a little time consuming. When Sad’s around it may be possible to get everything back, as the missing posts returned for a while yesterday but were gone again this morning.

Anonymous

It’s a fucking nightmare!

This year has been just awful for server problems. The site seems to be bom,barded with datacentre stupidity, hackers or hosting company prattishness.

Worse still, this sadgeezer knows very very little about how servers work and when he changed over the nameserver to the new server, he forgot to delete the old nameserver details and hanse, some of you were using the old server while others were using te new one.

Hense the session initialisation errors – thank goodness Cat was around to fix the database when it got confused. – Thanks man!

One day I’ll get my head together and be better at this stuff. In the meantime, I’m trying to access the old server files and restor the old posts. It’s VERY unlikely I’ll be able to do this since there have been new posts since.

All I can say is that (again) I’m sorry for the inconvenience and hope that things settle down from now on.

If they don’t – please leave a message here.

pet
    Participant

I think things are the same all over, lately. People can only download 15 seconds of each clip on my clip site now for no apparent reason whatsoever. Streaming just stopped working. Grrr….

And a SymWinOpen script attaches itself to my Palace of Fun index every time I upload it. Its only purpose seems to be to cause an error to pop up. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Pet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.