Resident Evil: Is It Sci-Fi?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Resident Evil: Is It Sci-Fi?

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Is Resident Evil sci-fi, or at least part sci-fi? I and my sister had this argument that got rather out of hand over whether Resident Evil (both the movie and the games) was horror/sci-fi or just plain horror. So, in the interest of family peace, is Resident Evil horror/sci-fi, or horror?

Anonymous

By the Prophet Jesu The Anointed*, what da heel was THAT?!

More to the point, thanks for clearing it up man!

*the correct form of Jesus Christ;Christ is derived from Christos, meaning ‘the anointed one’. It was possible for a pillar to be known as Pillar Christ if it was sufficiently holy. I may be Muslim, but that don’t mean I must close my mind to other religions or viewpoints, don’t it?

Anonymous

did you hear that they’re working on a MGS movie?!?
    Rezi isn’t [to me] sci-fi because if it were all zombie movies would be classed there as well. It’s more just horror style action, although theres definately a sci-fi thing happening but that’s really just an explination for why your getting scared ****less by a bunch of zombies you get to kill.

[the GameCube Rezi looks a-smegging-mazing]

bonnee
    Participant

Resident Evil is horror/terror derived from a sci-fi premise (the abuse of science and technology). So, I would urge that it is sci-fi/horror or horror/sci-fi (depending on which part of the game you want to emphasise at a given time/state of play). Can’t wait to see the arguments Metal Gear Solid 1 and/or 2 might raise

Is it Evil or is it Dead?

[ 19-04-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Anonymous

Um…good point Bester,just keep in mind that Jesus wouldn’t have called himself that by any means. Firstly, he was Jewish, and a poor one at that, He was given a Jewish name, and since there is NO “J” in Hebrew sounding or language, his name would have been Yeshua (derivative of Yhoshua= Joshua), or Yeshua HaMachiach (Jesus the messiah, if you include this in your religon). The name Jesus is from the Greek word for salvation,
    Iesous, and was devised as his name as the groups of believers slowly shifted from mostly Hebrew to mostly Greeks. Just adding some info there thought I’d elaborate, a little OT though .

Anonymous

Thanks Nirvanah, for clearing that up. I shoulda known, considering the fact that we Muslims know Jesus simply as Isa, therefore the original name should have been something with an ‘I’ or ‘Y’ sound. Thanks again !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.