Return of Blakes 7

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Wizzed from the ‘Dark Horizons’ Website http://www.darkhorizons.com

Blakes 7: BBC top exec Andrew Sewell now apparently owns most of the rights to the cult UK 70’s sci-fi series “Blake’s 7”, and one report came up today that at a convention last weekend he mentioned plans to relaunch the franchise with a TV movie, set some 20 years or so after the show ended. The script for it is currently at second draft stage with no director or cast attached, whilst the only original series character to return will be Avon. Thanks to ‘MJ’

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

All right!

I always thought Blake’s 7 was worthy of a remake (a sequel I’m not so sure of, though).

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Blakes 7 – Remake or Next Gen?
    If they bring back Avon will Serverlan(?) be there too?
    By the end of the shows run they had a “new” crew so why not keep going with that. Younger people to fight the good fight!

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

It is thanks to Blake’s 7 that I am the sad geezette that writes to you now. I’ll never forget the rush I got just listening to the opening music as a child. Just thinking about a new series is giving me the chills. Avon was definately the best character but didn’t he die at the end? I know we didn’t actually see it but we heard it: who else could they have been shooting at?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by maryavatar:
    It is thanks to Blake’s 7 that I am the sad geezette that writes to you now………

……. Avon was definately the best character but didn’t he die at the end? I know we didn’t actually see it but we heard it: who else could they have been shooting at?

Me too (excepting Dr Who.

And it’s funny you should say that. I don’t remember seeing him shot but I heard it, and I think I remember him groaning or something too.

——————

Anonymous

You know that really ****es me off: when a series or a film ends and they want to tie eveything up neatly but also want to leave a door open just in case they get funding for a sequel. That ‘did they kill Avon’ shooting thing is a classic piece of ****wittage. It goes black, we hear shooting, is he dead? Yes if there’s no new series, No if there isn’t. Someone needs a slap.

Anonymous

so sorry…

what’s Blake’s 7?

please don’t hurt the ignorant!
    duck and cover
    duck and cover

DalekTek790
    Participant

BLAKES 7

Beginning Year: 1978
    Ending Year: 1981
    Seasons: 4
    Episodes: 52
    Summary: An exciting Star Trek-style space adventure from Dalek creator Terry Nation. And the beginning credits are possibly the coolest sci-fi television has ever seen! In the 30th Century, a corrupt Galactic Federation drugs its billions of citizens into placid submission. A rebel named Roj Blake, who once tried to organize a resistance group to overthrow this régime, was caught and his memories erased. But Blake’s revolutionary spirit is revived when he witnesses a mass slaughter by police that is covered up by the Federation officials. He escapes exile on board a prison spaceship and, together with a lovable band of outlaws, takes over a vacant alien space cruiser of awesome drive capability. Blake and his group travel the Milky Way in the D.S.V. Liberator to seek any opportunity to undermine the evil federation.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, alias DalekTek790
    Wanted for termination

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited August 20, 2001).]

Anonymous

sounds pretty cool.

so sorry, again…

what’s dalek?

please don’t hurt the young (aka ignorant of
    all things that really matter) and recall
    that I can’t remember shows that aired
    before I was born

——————
    spooooon

[This message has been edited by brainplague (edited August 24, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

The Daleks are one of the major antagonists in the British science fiction series Doctor Who. They are sort of Doctor Who‘s Klingons, and there have been whole books written about them. But to sum it up briefly, they are humanoids (called Dals or Kaleds, depending on which episode you watch) mutated by nuclear war on the planet Skaro. The mutations started out random, but after a while as the centuries went on, a pattern began to emerge. There were still some unmutated Kaleds on another part of Skaro, and one of them, a Nazi-seque scientist named Davros, accelerated the mutations with genetic engineering to create what he considered the perfect race-the Daleks.

The mutated creatures are these ugly little green buggers with tentacles and talons, but they’re rarely seen. Davros made them each these robotic life-support systems that look like big salt shakers with a few metal protubrances. The Daleks are unemotional and programmed to destroy any inferior species. That led to the destruction of the unmutated Kaleds and the near-destruction of the other Skaran race, the Thals. The Thals have their own story, which I won’t get into. In a final irony, they consider their own creator Davros to be an inferior form of life, and ultimately exterminate him.

Anyway, they went on to travel space conquering and destroying for a few millennia before a Dalek civil war (actually there were two) in which two sides each considered the others to be inferior and they exterminated themselves. The Daleks are known for sliding around while bobbing their eyestalks up and down yelling “exterminate!” in mechanical voices with audiBritish accents.

The Daleks were created by Doctor Who writer and later Blake’s 7 creator Terry Nation in 1963. Their appearance was desidned by Raymond P. Cusack. These abominable and highly popular monsters appeared in the episodes-

The Daleks (Hartnell)
    The Dalek Invasion of Earth (Hartnell)
    The Chase (Hartnell)
    Mission to the Unknown (de Souza)
    The Daleks’ Masterplan (Hartnell)
    The Power of the Daleks (Troughton)
    The Evil of the Daleks (Troughton)
    Day of the Daleks (Pertwee)
    Planet of the Daleks (Pertwee)
    Death to the Daleks (Pertwee)
    Genesis of the Daleks (Baker)
    Destiny of the Daleks (Baker)
    Resurrection of the Daleks (Davison)
    Revelation of the Daleks (Baker)
    Remembrance of the Daleks (McCoy)

…the audio adventure-

Dalek Empire (McGann)

…the novels-

War of the Daleks (McGann)
    Legacy of the Daleks (McGann)

…and the movies-

Doctor Who and the Daleks (Cushing)
    Daleks-Invasion: Earth 2150 A.D. (Cushing)

Suffice it to say they have a considerable history, not to mention fan following. I know of two good websites devoted to the Daleks-

The Dalek Extermination Page
    The Dalek Webhome

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

Anonymous

Thanks ever so!

I’m very happy people don’t scream at me here, in other places I always get yelled at for not knowing stuff. I don’t even get credit for trying to cure my ignorance instead of perpetuating it.

“Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred” – Job 6:24

——————
    spooooon

[This message has been edited by brainplague (edited August 24, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by brainplague:
    Thanks ever so!

I’m very happy people don’t scream at me here, in other places I always get yelled at for not knowing stuff. I don’t even get credit for trying to cure my ignorance instead of perpetuating it.

Oh, it’s nothing. We’re not prone to pick on newbies, here. Plus, we’re each full of obscure information on several science fiction universes we’re willing to share.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

A much-welcomed and needed change from other BBoards better left un-mentioned.

I’m terribly grateful to all of y’all.

——————
    spooooon

Anonymous

Davros, Davros! Thank you. I’ve been wracking my brain for DAYS trying to remember that name. That freaky thing scared the sh1t out of me when I was a kid.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.