Review: Dutch Treat posted in the LEXX Reviews section

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Review: Dutch Treat posted in the LEXX Reviews section

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster
    Ducth TreatLEXX
    4-17 Episode Review
    Ducth Treat

Click the picture or click HERE to read.

Headgehog
    Participant

I actually did a double take when I saw this in the new posts box! Good to see you’ve gotten back into the reviews writing spirit. Cool review.

As for President Priest, I think that he made a good parody of Dubya. Remember that this episode was written before 9/11 when the president was behaving (even more) like an incompetent dofus. It’s difficult to see today, since the public perception of his inability to lead, has shifted toward his other failures.
    Besides Priest was sort of a dim-witted yes-man back on Fire, why should that have changed?

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

I actually did a double take when I saw this in the new posts box! Good to see you’ve gotten back into the reviews writing spirit. Cool review.

Thanks, I’m hoping to get another one (and successive reviews) out in the next few days – the hardest part for me has been starting them ๐Ÿ™‚ Once I get started, I hope to be ‘on a roll’ ๐Ÿ™‚

Headgehog wrote:

As for President Priest, I think that he made a good parody of Dubya. Remember that this episode was written before 9/11 when the president was behaving (even more) like an incompetent dofus. It’s difficult to see today, since the public perception of his inability to lead, has shifted toward his other failures.
    Besides Priest was sort of a dim-witted yes-man back on Fire, why should that have changed?

Yep, and don’t get me wrong, the part is played MAGNIFICENTLY! Personally I think that there is just too much of him. It’s like the beans were trying to get back at the US for CANADA being out of the limelight in regards to so much stuff that happens in the North American continent. I’ve been to the US and Canada and enjoyed the close relationship between the two countries, but sometimes (as with LEXX) I get the feeling that there is some antagonism….. Perhaps like England and Scotland in the UK (Scots tend to take the mickey at the English and the English are regularly stunned at seemingly feverish Scotish Nationalism – ie. un-British)

theFrey
    Participant

Thanks Saddy! I am glad to see your inner Lexx returning. ๐Ÿ˜€

I eagerly await the next one. ๐Ÿ™‚

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Thanks Sadgeezer!

iStan
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

It’s like the beans were trying to get back at the US for CANADA being out of the limelight in regards to so much stuff that happens in the North American continent. I’ve been to the US and Canada and enjoyed the close relationship between the two countries, but sometimes (as with LEXX) I get the feeling that there is some antagonism…..

Good insight, SadGeezer, and an excellent review. Thanks.

Cesare
    Participant

Thanks, Saddy. Great review (as usual).
    Can’t wait to read the rest. I hope you’ll finish them soon.

theFrey
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

As for President Priest, I think that he made a good parody of Dubya. Remember that this episode was written before 9/11 when the president was behaving (even more) like an incompetent dofus. It’s difficult to see today, since the public perception of his inability to lead, has shifted toward his other failures. Besides Priest was sort of a dim-witted yes-man back on Fire, why should that have changed?

Do you know that Mr. Kanies has played George Bush in two other german productions? Apparently, we were not the only ones who thought his proformance oF DubaU was spot on.

Hummm, the same actor has played multiple versions of Hitler and Georgie…. I am sure there is a lesson in that somewhere.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Lovely, utterly lovely ๐Ÿ˜€

lizard
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

….

Headgehog wrote:

Yep, and don’t get me wrong, the part is played MAGNIFICENTLY! Personally I think that there is just too much of him. It’s like the beans were trying to get back at the US for CANADA being out of the limelight in regards to so much stuff that happens in the North American continent. I’ve been to the US and Canada and enjoyed the close relationship between the two countries, but sometimes (as with LEXX) I get the feeling that there is some antagonism….. Perhaps like England and Scotland in the UK (Scots tend to take the mickey at the English and the English are regularly stunned at seemingly feverish Scotish Nationalism – ie. un-British)[/quote]

Ok, this is totally off topic– but my spouse is suggesting that we wetback it to Canada if GWB wins the election (I say the damage has already been done and that running away won’t help, plus my french stinks), but anyway, he is also a proponent of the alternative version “…One nation, under Canada, with justice …” in the pledge of allegiance. I agree with you about P.Preist being a bit of a one joke pony and I would have liked at least more variety in the lines and interaction between him and Bunny.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.